Deploy the Gatewatch

Options
BongoTheGrey
BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2023 in MtGPQ General Discussion

On this new update you mentioned that you "fixed" Deploy the Gatewatch and now the creatures go to your hand and then to the battlefield.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89414/patch-notes-6-3-1-64068

How is that a fix when the card says "Fetch the first 3 creatures from your library and place them on the battlefield."? What you did was "unfix" the card since now it behaves different from what the description says.

Comments

• TIMEWARP
    TIMEWARP Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options

Yea. Devs you messed up this time. It's a big mythic, and works as worded and intended. Those were, and are, the guidelines.
    Don't nerf a card and then use a nonsensical reason.

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options

This card was working just fine and did not need a "fix". The devs should really reconsider this unnecessary change. Hopefully they will see the err of their decision before they roll out this update.

• ertaii
    ertaii Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options

I want none of this latest update. Leave Deploy the gatewatch alone. Leave Rocco alone. Leave us alone.

• wraszowixuXuxi
    wraszowixuXuxi Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options

Deploy kinda would be a way to get past "Cast X or less creature" objectives. So this kinda takes away that option for people trying to work with what they have. It is a hard card to get these days, as it was from the days before we had masterpieces and elite packs, and the best chance at it is from already doing pretty well at the older Innistrad events for the packs there, or from investing into a VIP account, until either getting lucky early, or from a really long time.

So is it a card that really needs such an adjustment when considering what effort it could take some/many to get to it?

• Drag0n
    Drag0n Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

It wasn't broken, why would we do this? Does this also mean all fetch cards now go to our hand? Would like it to be left alone, but also willing to hear why the sudden change, and then see or listen if there's a better solution then the so called fix for somthing that didn't need fixing.
    Also wouldn't it be easier to make rocco a masterpiece then cutting him like this?

• gozmaster
    gozmaster Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Options

I understand why they are going after Rocco, but i'd rather they chose one or the other, if the reduced stored mana wasn't a fix, then revert it back, and then limit it to 2 turns, I get that, but not both, it essentially kills the card. (Of course, I'll still break it :P )

@ertaii said:
    I want none of this latest update. Leave Deploy the gatewatch alone. Leave Rocco alone. Leave us alone.

• Kyphonis
    Kyphonis Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options

I’m strongly with you @gozmaster , Deploy was always working as intended. Read the card. Fetch the creatures and PUT THEM ON TGE BATTLEFIELD. Never once does it say to hand.

Legacy as it is, Deploy was absolutely needed as a way to keep loop decks in check without requiring a loop of your own or playing lockdown control.

Don’t get me wrong, working on balance is nice but locking out powerful stuff in legacy is way too far.

The nerf to Rocco could be tolerable if they didn’t crush him down to 12 mana only. Seriously, he is totally useless now for basically everything.

There is a difference between balance (something I normally am happy to work around) and just pulling out archetypes that have become the balance against loops.

This feels almost like the 20 second turn timer again that shut down regular play cause you can’t skip cascades. Just not well thought out.

Oh, and I haven’t commented on the forums for a few years. It took going a bit too far for me to come back as I’ve just generally been okay with it all.

• gozmaster
    Options

Appreciate you taking the time @Kyphonis !

• gozmaster
    Options

Not sure I could handle more surprises like this @Opperstamper :tongue:

• wraszowixuXuxi
    Options

Posting this here as well:

Deploy kinda would be a way to get past "Cast X or less creature" objectives. So this kinda takes away that option for people trying to work with what they have. It is a hard card to get these days, as it was from the days before we had masterpieces and elite packs, and the best chance at it is from already doing pretty well at the older Innistrad events for the packs there, or from investing into a VIP account, until either getting lucky early, or from a really long time.

So is it a card that really needs such an adjustment when considering what effort it could take some/many to get to it?

• Youzerfriendly
    Youzerfriendly Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

Nerf it. Hate it, beyond unbalanced and ruins games. Everyone here has at least contemplated throwing their phone because of DtG. Get good and learn to play in a balanced environment.

• wraszowixuXuxi
    Options

And I guess if Rocco can only serve us two creatures now, could newer players at least have the option for him to fetch us stuff like Soul of Emancipation fully again, for our troubles? As in back to 20 stored mana instead just the 12

• gozmaster
    Options

@wraszowixuXuxi , yeah I'm with you, I'm actually ok with the "limit 2" just let me have the full Stored mana back up to 20, that makes him functional at least.

• DREAMER
    DREAMER Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options

Hehe. I’ll drink for that.

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Reword the card to say "move them to the battlefield" instead of "fetch" so that people won't think it should be affected by Ashiok's thing, and don't spend precious dev time fixing stuff that ain't broke.

• Killroy
    Killroy Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options

I have no words for "Fixing something that was never broken"
    So I'll leave this here...