Mighty Thor counter teams

Options
13»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

For me the terrible experience is to play and play pvp and not get almost any rewards.
    I started playing pvp with kingpin 5* unchamped and pre rebalanced and usually carnage 4*. Of course a lot of hits. But as long as I could hit in every pvp 500 points or 25 victories, that was a fine experience for me.
    Ascended iron man and ascended storm? Hear me loud: I'd could had signed for it everyday.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well, I think it's certainly possible to get in over your head. The situation Dr Clever described (leveling up what I'd assume was a post-nerf OML, a character who is catastrophically terrible, into a metagame with several much higher-powered 5*) would be a bad time. I still think you'd be able to win fights.

I also don't think this could necessarily happen today. The guy who levelled up pre-buff Wasp is, and was, able to play PvP. Bad has his story about levelling up pre-buff Kingpin first, having a tough time, but adapting. And also...modern 5* are just way, way better than those guys, plus modern 4* are miles and miles ahead.

I think a few people had bad experiences in a metagame that was very different, a very long time ago, and those horror stories are somehow still being told as truths.

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I also don't think this could necessarily happen today. The guy who levelled up pre-buff Wasp is, and was, able to play PvP. Bad has his story about levelling up pre-buff Kingpin first, having a tough time, but adapting. And also...modern 5* are just way, way better than those guys, plus modern 4* are miles and miles ahead.

It's always the matter of adapting. I had to do it too. Ya just can't take underperforming 5* as a single champion and hopes it will works out somehow all by itself. Can't say that a long term plan and a bit of luck and deep 4* roster wasn't helpfull with my Wasp adventures. And a lot of skipping. Like lot's of lot's of lot's of skipping.

My story is a prove of one thing: You COULD take a worst 5*, and enter into 5* land with it. Can we do it today too? I dunno, but propably yes. It's hard and bumpy road. I have enjoyed it but HIGHLY reccomend to choose anybody sttrong enough to handle it easier. Otherwise, You need some will to not give up in the process. Or really love the chara or it's design. And I gave up twice before I finally did it.

BTW I was entering the 5* land in Hulkasm era. Skip! Skip! Skip! Skip! game reset and repeat.