***** Peggy Carter (Worthy) *****

Options
124»

Comments

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

Yet another character that gives you small tics of damage, but overlaps completely with anyone who could boost that damage. Overlaps on colors or has no synergy with characters you would like to play with thematically or feed into what she does. Thinking of Storm or Riri for flooding charged tiles, but that isn’t going to make her that good. MT would eliminate her charged tile creation and damage reduction. Not sure who to use her with. Getting kind of old having them continue to create characters that could almost be great if with characters that make sense for them story or power set wise, but giving them so much overlap or a flaw in the synergy that makes the team pointless.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I think she looked promising when they first previewed her, other than the super low strike tiles and weird damage thresholds of like 70 lol.

The last minute nerf really sucked, especially since this is the anniversary 5*. Can we please have her powers returned to their original power costs.

And the formula for damage taken to do things really needs to be overhauled. Peggy, valkyrie, etc. As your level goes up, the strength of the power should go up, but if the cost goes up too it's not REALLY getting stronger. And especially for those 2 once the threshold gets above 1k it's really only coming up for abilities fired, not matches, making the power itself (and their kit) much weaker. Having it continue to go up and up (I read ascended valkyrie gets stupidly ridiculous, like 20k+ threshold, unless it was changed recently) is counterintuitive.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Peggy's hammer animtion is weird and she appears to live in a reality where Northern Ireland have actually agreed with each other to reunite Ireland (no chance) and leave the Union. Calling The Storm is also a bit like Calling the Swarm. Finally she doesn't have a Fusion cannon or a robot sidekick who turns into a cassette player.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

She also looks a bit like What if Mary Berry was Thor. At least it isn't Paul Hollywood.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Peggy's hammer animtion is weird and she appears to live in a reality where Northern Ireland have actually agreed with each other to reunite Ireland (no chance) and leave the Union. Calling The Storm is also a bit like Calling the Swarm. Finally she doesn't have a Fusion cannon or a robot sidekick who turns into a cassette player.

3* Peggy's Event should probably be called The Iron OffenCe too

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 659 Critical Contributor
    Options

Should I bother putting iso into Peggy? Seems somewhat pointless

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Should I bother putting iso into Peggy? Seems somewhat pointless

If you are starved for iso and have better 5* s ready to champ then probably not. Otherwise I would say that champ rewards for bad 5* s are as good as they are for meta characters. . .

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's superficial but I really don't like looking at her. I just don't like the art used for the 3 or the 5.

It looks like someone asked AI to make stickers.

Just my opinion, I've seen people saying they love the art.

I'll cover/champ her, I just don't know how much I'll use her off she's not essential.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So looks like the early consensus is that OR/Vulture/miles is a better LT pool than Vulture/miles/Peggy?

And surprisingly neither one is as good as venomsaurus/OR/Vulture, right?

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Really finding a groove with 5*Peggy/Okoye/Black Bolt.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

I might be reading between the lines, it seems like you are saying OR is the only good one. Why not wait until he is in the classics and bh him and then keep hoarding on.

• Jinx
    Options

Anybody finding good teams for Grandma Thor or is she just useless?

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Anybody finding good teams for Grandma Thor or is she just useless?

She's fun with Archangel and 5* Vulture.

• Jinx
    Options

Tried her out with with Carmiles and Black Bolt. Don’t have the two new ones champed yet, but that team works surprisingly well, at least while they are boosted. Thought she and Miles were probably trash tied, but they work well together. Weird combination of charged and SAP play. Covers most colors too.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If grandma had the “jump in front” ability from her younger years, then she would be a force to reckon with.

• Jinx
    Options

Running Grandma with Kitty and Miles5*. Very fun team. Have the new support that creates a strike every turn. Tics of damage, attacks, good defense, and strikes that get big quick.