Options

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Oh good I was worried about the lack of Dr. Strange in special stores.
    Thank you for doing the right thing with the 4* --> 5* Peggy retro rewards.

Edit: Jane welcomes her new BFF.

Aren't you worried they share all 3 colors? Doesn't seem like they play well minus her passive Red damage. Seems better designed to counter Jane.

KGB

I learned very long ago that even compete color overlap doesn't matter at all if the synergy is good enough (see im40 + lady thor).

If fosthor and worthy peg play well together the overlap won't matter. I am just not sure if there is enough synergy.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

I’d rather run Black Bolt with MThor than this new Peggy.

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

Whoa, in-game preview for webbed wonder, which gives 5* Peggy shards as a placement, shows the second blue power “the storm” as 10AP instead of 5AP in the forum post. That’s…no longer a good power.

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

@Bad said:
    We are talking about a power that costs just 5 AP in 5* land.
    Of course it needs to be based on % and conditional to charged tiles.
    Because no one wants to be stunlocked so easily.

Except now it’s 10AP!

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@whoami said:
    Whoa, in-game preview for webbed wonder, which gives 5* Peggy shards as a placement, shows the second blue power “the storm” as 10AP instead of 5AP in the forum post. That’s…no longer a good power.

Yes, that's what i said on the previous page. No point discussing the contingent stun at all, if the damage is that low and the cost is that high the power is trash.

• Timmay83
    Timmay83 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options

@max5esq said:
    Who is Melina May?

Melinda's younger sister. Haha

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now we get to play everybody's favorite game: "which one's wrong, the forum description or the in-game description?"

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options

Timeless Treasures Legendary Store - 9/28 - 10/1
    15% chance to get 5* Peggy Carter (Worthy), 5* Professor X (Classic) and 5* Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
    Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Do we get to guess what are the correct dates for her new release store also? Unless I'm mistaken, those dates were for the last 5* release for Miles and it's a typo :|

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

Huh. It really does say “if Peggy or an ally takes 90/80/75/70 or more damage….” In game.

That’s an incredibly low threshold to reach. With Polaris+brb….

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Her Blue is no longer worthy. Easy 5/5/3 (unless the in-game numbers are wrong)

In contrast, that Yellow definitely is. It's going to be triggering on literally everything and reducing all damage by 35%. She's a better third for PolarBill than Jane.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You have to use the yellow first to have the protect tiles to reduce damage though don't you? Assuming you don't bring a protect making buddy.

I also wish they had kept her as she was in the original forum post. Even with cheaper powers she wasn't crazy OP, just looked good.

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Huh. It really does say “if Peggy or an ally takes 90/80/75/70 or more damage….” In game.

@BlackBoltRocks said:

In contrast, that Yellow definitely is. It's going to be triggering on literally everything and reducing all damage by 35%. She's a better third for PolarBill than Jane.

sorry guys but her yellow FALSE ADVERTISMENT, those numbers are definitely pertentage based, cause in-battle, its saying "Whenever Peggy or an Ally would take 7446 or more damage, so yeah....

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@marvel075 said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

@BlackBoltRocks said:

sorry guys but her yellow FALSE ADVERTISMENT, those numbers are definitely pertentage based, cause in-battle, its saying "Whenever Peggy or an Ally would take 7446 or more damage, so yeah....

The other way was clearly an error. Those numbers are so small that even the weakest color 5* match damage would trigger it at any level. If it worked the way others thought, they could’ve saved text and wrote

Whenever Peggy or an ally takes damage, destroy a friendly Protect tile to reduce that damage by 15% and create 2 strength 1 Strike tile(s).

Which would’ve been fine. She’d of been handcuffed to specific partners but I don’t think broken. As it stands, those threshold powers tend to be pretty hit or miss (mostly miss).

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Been trying her out…..

• The Calm works better than I thought because it’s cheap and those repeaters are gonna leave the board. So it’s free charged tiles.
    • The damage on The Calm and ESPECIALLY The Storm is PATHETIC without a booster..
    • the passive damage on the red is PATHETIC without a booster.
    • the damage her yellow deals is PATHETIC without a booster.
    • The strikes she creates after shields are destroyed are ok I guess. Bordering on Knull’s Summoning Dragons Power as far as strength. Basically they’re weak so you have to flood the board with them.

Her damage dealing is just really pathetic for a 5* and it would pathetic for a non-ascended 4s. She MUST to be teamed with damage boosters.

I like her with Gambit/Ph5Emma a LOT. Her passives really get going and her blue and yellow powers make their mark.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So Grandma doesn’t hit hard? Well, would she work with Okoye? Or CarMiles? Or MThor?

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:
    Holy tinykitty, I pulled a Worthy Peggy cover from the store.

Careful, grandma doesn’t like a potty mouth

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

will we get a replacement feeder for FirstCap since you took away the only feeder for him?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

Is the art computer generated?