Options
13»

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 648 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Zarqa said:
    From the November Dev Q&A:

Question 2: How big is the BCS team and how many employees are assigned to what, artwork, programming etc? Also can team BCS tell me if they had to fight 10 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck, which gets the most votes.

Answer: There are about 20 developers that work on MPQ. The largest group consists of artists, as the type and quality of art in MPQ requires significant time and effort. After art, the rest is a rather even split amongst engineering, design, and general team support.

(that took surprisingly long to locate… :# )

And amazingly you edited out the horse sized duck question, guess I was the only one who was preoccupied with this dilemma

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Zarqa said:

Question 2: How big is the BCS team and how many employees are assigned to what, artwork, programming etc? Also can team BCS tell me if they had to fight 10 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck, which gets the most votes.

Answer: There are about 20 developers that work on MPQ. The largest group consists of artists, as the type and quality of art in MPQ requires significant time and effort. After art, the rest is a rather even split amongst engineering, design, and general team support.

And amazingly you edited out the horse sized duck question, guess I was the only one who was preoccupied with this dilemma

OMG! Not intentional lol…

Here it is for anyone else preoccupied 🤣:

As for your question concerning horses and ducks, without question team BCS would prefer to fight 10 duck sized horses. Given the team dynamics described above, if we split the work evenly every duck sized horse would be outnumbered 2:1. While I have all the confidence that team BCS could handle a horse sized duck, the chances for casualties are significantly higher.

Also, here is the link to the whole Q&A: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87815/mpq-developer-q-a-november-2022-answers

Much easier to find now I know where it is 😉

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@Zarqa said:

@Zarqa said:

OMG! Not intentional lol…

Here it is for anyone else preoccupied 🤣:

As for your question concerning horses and ducks, without question team BCS would prefer to fight 10 duck sized horses. Given the team dynamics described above, if we split the work evenly every duck sized horse would be outnumbered 2:1. While I have all the confidence that team BCS could handle a horse sized duck, the chances for casualties are significantly higher.

Also, here is the link to the whole Q&A: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/87815/mpq-developer-q-a-november-2022-answers

Much easier to find now I know where it is 😉

Bcs are right to fear the horse sized duck but 10 duck sized horses are just as formidable especially if they team up, flanked and charged by 5 duck sized horses is nightmare fuel.
    At least to me anyway, I think I probably have too much free time.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

I think I probably have too much free time.

I appreciate the levity among the doom and gloom this forum has become lately (for understandable reasons)

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zarqa said:

It was my first thought. I didn't even read the answer to the actual question in my bid to scroll down...🤣

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So 10 artists, plus 10 devs, spread across 3 teams, so 3-4 people on each team.
    Probably about the size of Demi in the end.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options

This is painful. This has become the buggiest game I've ever played over 40 years of gaming.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@tonypq said:
    This is painful. This has become the buggiest game I've ever played over 40 years of gaming.

Did you ever play cyberpunk? Or gta definitive edition? They were far worse and I paid for the privilege.
    It's OK to be disappointed but that is quite the statement

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yea if this was your buggiest game you’ve played in 40 years of gaming it makes me think you’ve played 5 games over those 40 years.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

Aliens Colonial marines was horrifically bugged, it's worth youtubing just to see how not to make a game

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

Skyrim for the PS3? Didn't that basically break so badly you couldn't save? Batman Arkham Knight was so badly broken on PC that they just gave up and said - "Here is your cash back".

Edit: Oh, oh Superman 64!! Ha, ha, that was completely unplayable, oh my god!

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    Yea if this was your buggiest game you’ve played in 40 years of gaming it makes me think you’ve played 5 games over those 40 years.

This is not really a bug, it is just a new scheduling feature to make the game more interesting !

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options

I think I'm just overwhelmed by the combination of scheduling mishaps and character bugs that have occurred since BC got the keys to the car. Hopefully they iron things out going forward.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,559 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@tonypq said:

Green Beret on C64 had a level where all enemies started changing into flying boxes the further you got until everything on screen started to melt together!
    I agree that 40 years later we can expect better games, but on the other hand I paid more for that tape in 1986 then I've spent on this puzzle game.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

If we are talking C64 and BASIC...

GOTO 10