Is PVE really overlapping again?

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Remember when we got compensation for stuff like that?
    Yeah, it's been a while.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Wolvie171 said:

Some of my alliance mates are giving up on Cosmic Chaos and making Fight For Wakanda as the new release event their priority. Why? Because even if they were to play off slice, they're bound to forget and miss their grind for the different slice times. It's a disruption that forces players to make a change to their real-life schedules for the next 4 days. For competitive players, the impact on their daily lives is compounded further by having to compete in 2 overlapping events.

My approach to overlapping events was different in this case.

HT PvP will coincide with chasm week so a low level HT will be fodder for him and I will likely use the loaner. So with this thinking, I reasoned I did not care how many covers I get. So I will play for placement in Cosmic Chaos and give up on Fight For Wakanda

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Remember when we got compensation for stuff like that?
    Yeah, it's been a while.

For them to give us compensation they’d first have to show up here, somewhere, anywhere, to comment about said compensation.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

I don't think there has been any freebies following the previous time displaced events. I doubt there would be any here, or at least not until they have fixed the underlying excel sheet issue.

• Niax
    Niax Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2023
    Options

These devs ever work on a game before? Talk about newbs. How about forget working on all these fancy ideas and work on two weeks of not screwing up events?

• Bowgentle
    Options

I mean I'm sure they're experienced developers.
    It's just they took over 9 year old code that is held together by glue, toothpicks and chewing gum.
    But yes, one would expect fewer problems the longer they're working on the game, not more.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I can't wait for the next round of "Ask the Devs". :D

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zalasta said:
    I can't wait for the next round of "Ask the Devs". :D

Coming Soon(tm)

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options

To devs: Please, don't make overlaping PVE events new standard. It happened second time in a month and I haven't seen any apology for a mistake. So it seems to me that you don't consider it a mistake. But I don't want it to be a new norm.

I'm playing over 9 years - day 3365 on resuply, and usualy am in top 10 PVE aliance. I can play only in one time slot regularly so overlaping means bad result in one of those two events which is not good for aliance placement.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

FYI, they have been radio silent on Discord and Reddit for a while now also. Looks like its been over two weeks since their last appearance on Discord. Can't search as easy on Reddit but seems about that long.

Very odd. Something strange is going on with their sudden lack of any communication anywhere.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There is a big Marvel movie release coming up, they could just be absorbed with that. Doesn't help obviously but I suspect that will end up the case.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Side effect of everyone wearing 5-12 hats at any given time.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

Flagged for stating the obvious. @Scofie @fight4thedream just go ahead and deactivate my account. Forum is useless anyway, the info is wrong most of the time

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Do you know how BCS is set up, or are you just assuming? (Actually asking, not a rhetorical question) I feel like I had a pretty good idea of who did what at Demiurge, because we talked to a lot of them over the years. I don't know anything at all about BCS, but that doesn't mean that nobody else here does.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

Finally some acknowledgement with the compensation. Sounds like they are still working on fixing it or so they say.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Flagged for stating the obvious. @Scofie @fight4thedream just go ahead and deactivate my account. Forum is useless anyway, the info is wrong most of the time

I think your post was flagged because it effectively called for people to be fired which is a breach of the forum rules. Many posts have been flagged in the past for similar reasons and it is right that they are. It's really not a difficult rule to keep on the right side of.

If the comment was flagged unreasonably action would be taken, but on this occasion it is entirely justified.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

Do you know how BCS is set up, or are you just assuming? (Actually asking, not a rhetorical question) I feel like I had a pretty good idea of who did what at Demiurge, because we talked to a lot of them over the years. I don't know anything at all about BCS, but that doesn't mean that nobody else here does.

Assuming.
    I can't imagine they have a bigger team working on the game than Demiurge did.
    But of course I could be wrong.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

Assuming.

I wonder if anybody here knows. I guess it doesn't really matter, but it might help explain things.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

From the November Dev Q&A:

Question 2: How big is the BCS team and how many employees are assigned to what, artwork, programming etc? Also can team BCS tell me if they had to fight 10 duck sized horses or 1 horse sized duck, which gets the most votes.

Answer: There are about 20 developers that work on MPQ. The largest group consists of artists, as the type and quality of art in MPQ requires significant time and effort. After art, the rest is a rather even split amongst engineering, design, and general team support.

(that took surprisingly long to locate… :# )

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Bowgentle said:

Assuming.

I wonder if anybody here knows. I guess it doesn't really matter, but it might help explain things.

It is smaller than the Demi team working on it, I remember this being said someplace. When I say that, I mean engineers/whatever else.