Options
2»

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Kolence

Look at the Blue trap tile (second row from top, extreme left column) and the Black trap tile (topmost row, third column from right). If “surrounding” was synonymous with “adjacent”, it would have destroyed a tile adjacent to those two trap tiles.

This also corroborates Daredevil’s observation of the bottommost, rightmost tile being destroyed in his example. It’s not adjacent to any trap tile.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,614 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I gave up trying to figure it out. Blue and Black work just fine and are understandable in what they do, so I stick with them.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    @Kolence

Look at the Blue trap tile (second row from top, extreme left column) and the Black trap tile (topmost row, third column from right). If “surrounding” was synonymous with “adjacent”, it would have destroyed a tile adjacent to those two trap tiles.

This also corroborates Daredevil’s observation of the bottommost, rightmost tile being destroyed in his example. It’s not adjacent to any trap tile.

But those two traps are not of the chosen color (green). Only green traps each destroy 1 tile adjacent to it. Then all the traps are counted and half of that number extra tiles are destroyed, but this time the destroyed tiles can be adjacent to any of the traps.

At least that's how I read it.

Daredevil's screenshot, I'm not quite able to say which tiles are destroyed. The slightly transparent ones?

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

This is probably way better

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

A ha. Okay.
    I see 10 traps total, 4 of which black.
    Also, 8 blasted tiles (c1, h1, e2, f2, c3, f4, b7, c8)
    It should be 4 tiles around black traps and 5 more around any, if it were as tidy as BlackBolt's example. But it's not. :D
    Possible explanations or bugs, I guess:

• One of the traps (on edges) may be trying to blow up a tile outside of the board.
    • Two different traps may be destroying the same tile.
      Also, bottom-right black trap suggests it's possible either "surrounding" or "adjacent" tile (or both!) can be the trap tile itself.