ISO and HP sale..! any good?

Options
2»

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Everyone do yourselves a favor and don't nerf your wallets by spending money on this slowly dieing game. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    The sale is very tempting but the ISO bonus isn't high enough to warrant buying and the HP for covers is largely useless for me as I don't have enough ISO to level people up as it is so adding more covers just makes that situation worse.
  • Unknown
    Options
    AlucardUK wrote:
    The sale is very tempting but the ISO bonus isn't high enough to warrant buying and the HP for covers is largely useless for me as I don't have enough ISO to level people up as it is so adding more covers just makes that situation worse.

It's better than nothing icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    Everyone do yourselves a favor and don't nerf your wallets by spending money on this slowly dieing game. icon_e_sad.gif

I don't see it as dying. The latest improvements and changes they made will surely help people get some confidence back.
  • Unknown
    Options
    AlucardUK wrote:

The problem is that the RNG Gods tend to hate us, so even by the time you've gotten enough ISO to level up one of your lower 3 stars, you might find yourself cover capped because you've not been able to get the covers you need. I'd much rather have a fully covered character needing ISO, than to have enough ISO and not have the necessary covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Let's see... what might I spend money on.
    L Storm -- I'm missing a cover.
    Nick Fury -- I'm missing a cover.
    Invisible Woman -- I'm missing a cover.
    Wolverine X-Force -- he's still nerfed.
    Sentry -- nobody perceives him as a threat, hard to play.
    Falcon -- Not all that great.

If a few of the covers I need dropped on me, I'd likely start putting down money again. Right now, I can't spend anything.

Falcon is good on PvEs with Daken. I played them all along in the one before last (the one before "Storm to be won")
  • Unknown
    Options
    20% discount is never worth it unless you were going to spend money on it anyway and then it's a nice little bonus. However if like me you were very sensibly holding off on blowing any more cash on this game until it improves I suggest you stay that way, honestly are we really that tempted by a tinykitty 20% !!!!!

It's not even what i would call a proper Sale! I would want at least a 50% discount on the price or 50-100% extra for the same price, then it might actually be worth real money, but I would still hesitate - you can get this stuff for free by playing the game.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the latest changes (new reward structure, timers on PvE events for example) are moving the game in a good direction so, for me, this is the perfect time to drop $20 to reward the developers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    AlucardUK wrote:

The problem is that the RNG Gods tend to hate us, so even by the time you've gotten enough ISO to level up one of your lower 3 stars, you might find yourself cover capped because you've not been able to get the covers you need. I'd much rather have a fully covered character needing ISO, than to have enough ISO and not have the necessary covers.

You do raise a good point. My LazyThor is lvl capped at the moment as i need 2 more red covers. Tempted to get some covers for LazyDaken, Sentry or Falcon. Choices choices.