ISO and HP sale..! any good?

Options
So there is this HP and ISO-8 sale going on..
Any of you gonna take advantage of it?

Many swore not spending money on this game some times ago, but these new changes are more user friendly, especially the change in reward structure, so maybe they are finally treating us right.. icon_e_smile.gif

So, who here wants to brandish that shiny credit card with me? icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It starts tomorrow.
  • Unknown
    Options
    It used to be double the value.

If You plan to buy the 2nd or 3rd HP offer, tell me how do You plan to spend this 10HP extra? icon_e_wink.gif

Really, it's like they don't know their own game or are too greedy to make 675 instead of 660 or 3350 instead of 3335... Cos You know, 15HP extra would ruin their ARPDAU.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    They had 100 percent iso bonus new years and valentines. All other times 20 percent. Hero points are rarely on sale. Ive never seen more than 20 percent bonus on hero points, excepting the steam special offer.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, it is already starting here.. Just bought 10k+ HP and is now divided between maxing Lthor or Ldaken icon_e_biggrin.gif

Maybe whoever in marketing decided more value is always more attractive, even if useless icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Beware the bait and switch!!

I saw the sale and decided to bite the bullet and try and get my hulk to the max level. When I checked out how much it would cost on the new "level to the max" button it said about 81k - I was at level 100. So I buy the mother lode. When I go back to my hulk character it now says it costs over 95k to level to the max.

They offer a "bonus" but then you have to spend more to level up your characters? NOT COOL!

I suggest taking screen shots of the characters before buying anything and then see if it happens to you. Unless all costs to level characters automatically went up about 15% when the sale started.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    They had 100 percent iso bonus new years and valentines. All other times 20 percent. Hero points are rarely on sale. Ive never seen more than 20 percent bonus on hero points, excepting the steam special offer.
    Which is the only time I've bought any because I'm cheap like that icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Options
    orion2070 wrote:
    Beware the bait and switch!!

I saw the sale and decided to bite the bullet and try and get my hulk to the max level. When I checked out how much it would cost on the new "level to the max" button it said about 81k - I was at level 100. So I buy the mother lode. When I go back to my hulk character it now says it costs over 95k to level to the max.

They offer a "bonus" but then you have to spend more to level up your characters? NOT COOL!

I suggest taking screen shots of the characters before buying anything and then see if it happens to you. Unless all costs to level characters automatically went up about 15% when the sale started.
    Double check the levels it was autoleveling to, sometimes it bugs out:
    IMG_0223_zps4b7155c6.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think the automax level is actually capped at your current ISO + the most expensive you can buy (motherlode)..
    So it is not always to 141, since you buy ISO, the max level increase and so does the ISO req, because the game thinks you can buy more motherlode icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, that level 137 is not a bug, it's just the max you can get to with your current iso + largest iso bought pack.

And yeah 20% on a $100 pack is enticing... then I remember the sales they had on steam and am sad I can't get those deals (even if they are one time) as a mobile player.
    I also stop and think about how many other games I could buy instead of spending so much money of MPQ... but IT'S STILL TINY KITTY TEMPTING
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, actually this money I'm using to buy HP is normally allocayed to buy console or PC games..

But since I mostly play MPQ and nowadays very rarely touch the other two platforms, I thought hell why not icon_e_biggrin.gif

Anyway suggestion between maxing Ldaken or Lthor? Can only get one icon_e_sad.gif currently use max pun, cmag, and can max patch with iso..
  • Spoit
    Options
    Oh yeah, the steam sale is starting tomorrow. Phew, I was almost going to spend money icon_lol.gif

I like Laken more, but realistically, LT is probably going to be more useful and more of a deterrent
  • Unknown
    Options
    I must admit, as much as I swore I wouldn't spend money on MPQ again, that extra 20% on the Stark Salary is tempting. That 24,000 HP combined with what I already have would be enough to buy 20 different covers, which is definitely enough to finish off all the current characters I want max covers for (Sentry and Laken). Just a shame I can't really afford it!
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm more tempted to buy HP over ISO's, as the former is more difficult to obtain. Even though a huge amount of ISO's is tempting, my mindset is just "If I grind on every event, I should obtain them eventually."
  • Unknown
    Options
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I must admit, as much as I swore I wouldn't spend money on MPQ again, that extra 20% on the Stark Salary is tempting. That 24,000 HP combined with what I already have would be enough to buy 20 different covers, which is definitely enough to finish off all the current characters I want max covers for (Sentry and Laken). Just a shame I can't really afford it!

I got tempted also. But then again I don't necessarily need more HP or covers: I'm more or less just ISO starved. Already my LCap, Punisher and Hulk are waiting for their lvl141 treatment. Then again Falcon, Sentry, Laken and Mororo could use some extra covers... But then I'd be even more ISO starved. So I guess I won't give in to the temptation. Only if the ISO sales had been doubled to +100% (not just +20%) I might have bought the Motherlode. Now... meh. I'd rather grind both ISO and covers the old-fashioned way.

Plus, investing $100 right now to the game might send them the wrong message. That I'm okay with the current state of the game and happily will invest in my roster with rel currency. Nah, we're not there yet. Screw the bugs, lags, micro-alterations to the rules, PvP MMR issues and even PvE scaling problems. It's the lack of variation in content that I'm most worried about. Same ol' PvE and PvP rotating endlessly. Only difference is a new character every now and then. It's getting pretty dull.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you live in Canada and use iTunes, Futureshop has $50 iTunes Gift Cards for $42.50 right now. Ends today.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/-/10198202.aspx?path=25ccc8bca3b68c929112fafa0c0883caen02
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm probably hitting this one up.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'll use the sale to level my 4*s
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yet to be self confirmed but you can but an iTunes gift card for 20% today.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7010182-20-off- ... -cards?v=1
    http://dealnews.com/iTunes-Digital-Gift ... 81251.html
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's see... what might I spend money on.
    L Storm -- I'm missing a cover.
    Nick Fury -- I'm missing a cover.
    Invisible Woman -- I'm missing a cover.
    Wolverine X-Force -- he's still nerfed.
    Sentry -- nobody perceives him as a threat, hard to play.
    Falcon -- Not all that great.

If a few of the covers I need dropped on me, I'd likely start putting down money again. Right now, I can't spend anything.
  • Spoit
    Options
    What are you on about? Sentry is like one of the bigger threats now.