*** Sentry (Dark Avengers) ***

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in Character Details
[anchor=sentry3]Sentry (Dark Avengers)[/anchor]
3 Star Rarity (Rare) - (Gold Character) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP: 10710 Tile damage: 61/79/13/11/70/12/3.0
    Supernova - 11 Red AP redtile.png
    The Sentry projects an epic energy blast. Damages the enemy team for 329 before shattering up to 4 random Red tiles. Each tile damages the enemy team for 82 and allies for 82 but does not generate AP. This ability ends the turn.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Sentry hits the enemy team for 355 damage. Damage to his own team is reduced to 66 damage per tile. Level 3: Sentry hits the enemy team for 378 damage, and destroys 5 Red tiles. Level 4: Sentry hits the enemy team for 428 damage, and destroys 7 Red tiles. Level 5: Sentry hits the enemy team for 494 damage, and destroys 9 Red tiles. Damage to his own team is reduced to 43 damage per tile destroyed. Max Level: Max Level: 1565 + 261 enemies/137 allies
      World Rupture - 12 Green AP greentile.png
      Sentry flies into the heart of the battlefield, sending waves of kinetic energy rippling outward. Creates Countdown tiles that do 44 damage to enemies and 27 to allies. (Dev note: Still an X pattern, removed the text for brevity.)
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Impact extends further towards the corners. Level 3: Countdown tiles do 50 damage to the enemy. Reduces ally damage to 23. Level 4: Impact extends further towards the corners. Countdown tiles do 52 damage to the enemy. Reduces ally damage to 20. Level 5: Impact extends further towards the corners. Countdown tiles do 58 damage to the enemy. Max Level: 182 enemies / 64 allies (16 3-turn Countdown tiles) *World Rupture creates 16 countdown tiles at max level (hasn't changed) but the duration has gone from 2 turns to 3 turns (for all levels).
        Sacrifice - 8 Yellow AP yellowtile.png
        The Sentry sacrifices himself for the good of the team. He takes 646 damage, but converts a random basic Yellow tile into a Strike tile with a strength of 104.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Creates a strike tile with a strength of 114. Level 3: Sentry takes 543 damage. Level 4: Creates a strike tile with a strength of 139. Level 5: Creates a strike tile with a strength of 180. Max Level: Takes 1724 for 571 strike tile.
        Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Anyone else think that something like this is actually completely in-character for Sentry?
        • Cragger
          Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
          The Sentry deleted his own thread. The world forgets that the Golden Guardian of Good ever existed.
        • simonsez
          simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
          Quick recap:

3/5/5
          World Rupture is OP

Anything else?
        • john1620b
          john1620b Posts: 367
          edited June 2014
          Man, that self-damage has no limits...

Edit: Also, his stats (pulled from the MPQ wiki) until Nonce updates the first post:

Supernova (Red 11 AP)
          The Sentry projects an epic energy blast. Damages the enemy team for 189 before shattering up to 4 random Red tiles. Each tile damages the enemy team for 35 and allies for 35 but does not generate AP. This ability ends the turn.

Level Upgrades:
          Level 2: Damage to allies reduced to 28 per red tile destroyed.
          Level 3: Destroys up to 7 Red tiles
          Level 4: Damages the enemy team for 243
          Level 5: Destroys up to 9 tiles, with damage to allies reduced to 18 per tile.

At Max Level:
          2-4 covers: Tiles damage enemy team for 222, allies for 178. 5 covers: 222 enemies/117 allies.
          3 covers: Damages the enemy team for 1186. With 7 red tiles: 2740 enemies/1246 allies.
          4 covers: Damages the enemy team for 1527. With 7 red tiles: 3081 enemies/1246 allies.
          5 covers: Damages the enemy team for 1527. With 9 red tiles: 3525 enemies/1053 allies.

World Rupture (Green 7 AP)
          Sentry flies into the heart of the battlefield, sending waves of kinetic energy rippling outward. Creates Countdown tiles that do 24 damage to enemies and 12 to allies.

Level Upgrades:
          Level 2: Reduces ally damage to 10
          Level 3: Impact extends further towards the corners
          Level 4: Reduces ally damage to 9
          Level 5: Impact extends further towards the corners.

At Max Level:
          3 covers: ???
          4 covers: 12 tiles max, 148 damage to enemies and 54 to allies. With all tiles going off, does 1776 + 12*(ally strike - enemy protect) to enemy team, 648 to allies.
          5 covers: 16 tiles max, 148 damage to enemies and 54 to allies. With all tiles going off, does 2368 + 16*(ally strike - enemy protect) to enemy team, 864 to allies.

Note: 2-turn countdown tiles are laid down in a centered "X" pattern. Only converts basic color tiles. When they go off, they are removed one-by-one and do the stated damage.

Sacrifice (Yellow 8 AP)
          The Sentry sacrifices himself for the good of the team. He takes 237 damage, but converts a random Yellow tile into a strike tile with a strength of 59

Level Upgrades:
          Level 2: Creates a strike tile with a strength of 65
          Level 3: Sentry takes 201 damage.
          Level 4: Creates Strike tile with a strength of 74.
          Level 5: Sentry takes 178 damage, and creates a strike tile with a strength of 91

At Max Level:
          3 covers: Sentry takes 1261 damage and creates a strike tile with a strength of 401.
          4 covers: Sentry takes 1261 damage and creates a strike tile with a strength of 467.
          5 covers: Sentry takes 1112 damage and creates a strike tile with a strength of 575.
        • I want Void as a separate character (who, for obvious reasons, could not be on a team with Sentry). That is all.
        • I'm well aware that while Fabio is an animal on defense that he has problems on offense (namely lighting your own team up like a Christmas tree).
          I'm wondering if pushing into *** territory with a duo of Sentry and OBW would be viable, with the end game of going towards either LDaken or Patch(5 colors for BTI) would be a good idea.
          TLDR: Is Sentry OBW a good duo or should I wait on it?
        • Cragger
          Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
          The Void as a playable character would delete your game from your device so that you could no longer do good acts or defeat the evil forces.
        • Also, if you were going to run sentry on offense, what ***s would you pair him with?
        • L3 yellow at max level is 1261/401.
        • TheHueyFreeman
          TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
          I'm heavily considering a team of max healing Patch, max healing Daken, and Sentry. Both heal enough that the team won't get wrecked and collecting green might be all you need to win (between daken's strike tiles and world rupture). The only thing in the way of that for me (besides missing Sentry covers) is that Patch might only be there for red at that point.

As for your other question, it might work but Due to her low health, oBW may die more often that you would like.
        • Obligatory "Sentry's green with TurDaken's passive = LOTS OF DAMAGE FOR 7 AP OMG **** BBQ WAS THIS INTENDED D3?"

Ok, we don't need most of the deleted thread anyway, that about sums it up.

Oh, and obligatory "Hey, maybe Sentry's green actually justifies 5 covers in The Hood's black. Or it would if you wanted to wait to gain all that black AP when the whole point is to use World Rupture before your opponent can gain the AP to use abilities which will bust up all those countdown tiles".
        • Does Sentry's Supernova shatter only Basic Red tiles or can it affect Strike, Protect, Attack or Countdown Red Tiles too?
        • Red Panda wrote:
          Does Sentry's Supernova shatter only Basic Red tiles or can it affect Strike, Protect, Attack or Countdown Red Tiles too?

It can destroy strike tiles for sure, so I don't see why it wouldn't destroy the other stuff.
        • Spoit
          Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
          Phantron wrote:
          Red Panda wrote:
          Does Sentry's Supernova shatter only Basic Red tiles or can it affect Strike, Protect, Attack or Countdown Red Tiles too?

It can destroy strike tiles for sure, so I don't see why it wouldn't destroy the other stuff.
          If it destroys you strike tiles, does it still get the effect of them? (Also, same goes for HT's red)
        • over_clocked
          over_clocked Posts: 3,961
          It does for that damage increment only, but not for anything that follows.
        • Unknown
          edited June 2014
          Okay, I made a video of a 30 second fight with sentry. I had a bit of luck but you can see I'm in no particular hurry in the video.
          http://youtu.be/sje0RN5NFKM

edit: argh. Okay, gotta do this again. ...
        • Bugpop wrote:
          Okay, I made a video of a 30 second fight with sentry. I had a bit of luck but you can see I'm in no particular hurry in the video.

Your video just shows you loading boosts. Doesn't actually go into the fight.
        • j12601 wrote:
          Bugpop wrote:

463.jpg
        • Kappei wrote:
          j12601 wrote:
          Bugpop wrote:

463.jpg

I promise that wasn't on purpose, but that's pretty funny. This isn't my best but it's still pretty fast. Good job on Raven Heart and A.R.E.S. who scored faster victories.

http://youtu.be/uxtckFPuWv4
        • over_clocked
          over_clocked Posts: 3,961
          Nice. It took you more than a minute, though, Bugpop. Thanks so much for the video!