Have you sold all your 1-star covers yet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I have Storm, Black Widow, and Juggernaut for 1*. Juggernaut is for lone star tournament, and Storm and Black Widow are actually quite good in limited roster PvE events.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since PVE scaling is so badly documented, I keep all my 1* wonders and use them whenever I can in PVE in an attempt to keep my scaling down.

(Except for Yelena) and until recently, they were very effective for tanking.
  • Abralicious
    Abralicious Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    I still have IM35 for nostalgia purposes and mStorm is still one of my favorite characters to use. She's no match for some of the stronger teams but when used with 2* Thor and oBw, she's a lot of fun.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, I have sold all my 1* and Bullseye and bag man. Two many 3* in the last months :S (right now I have 33 roster positions all full)

I never tank, so I don't have any use for them (I don't like tanking, I think it is a cheap and lame tactic and I hope it will loose its utility with future MMR updates).
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Like a few minority, I like to keep each character cover, & using them to battle low levelled nodes. Plus if I ever get bored, I'd like to replay story mode with fully levelled 1*.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I'm a notorious collector, so no. I have a fully covered Bagman too (base level), so you might not want to copy me. icon_lol.gif
    Me too. What's you build?

5Yellow, 4Purple, 4Blue. I had to wait quite some time for that 5th yellow, but it's been a real game-changer icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nope, got every character in the game except 3* MoStorm and Nick Fury. Keeping em all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Why? After some time you're literally drowning in HP so roster space is not a problem.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I'm a notorious collector, so no. I have a fully covered Bagman too (base level), so you might not want to copy me. icon_lol.gif
    Me too. What's you build?

5Yellow, 4Purple, 4Blue. I had to wait quite some time for that 5th yellow, but it's been a real game-changer icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Same here. He'd be unusable if not for that 5th yellow cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, here you have newest PvP - just another reason that selling 1* was really bad idea.

I've only sold fully maxed Hawkeye once when I was horribly short on HP and had expiring some new 3* cover and I still regret massive loss of iso thanks to that. I've rebuilt him since then and except that I've never sold any leveled char ever (though I did sell initial level bagman several times).
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    Options
    I always sold the first black widow you get and HawkEye and the dark avengers version of bw (yela..B ) ..I eventually sold ironman to upgrade three star ironman and storm I never kept either besides the classic one ..

Jugs I sold later too I think to upgrade hulk ...

I remember when I started I did that bc they were not only easy to get but HawkEye n widow had there own card section you could get them for Isos at first lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Nope, I'm keeping them all.

Take my heals, nerf the band,
    Sometimes this game I cannot stand.
    I like to collect and I'm slightly OCD,
    You can't take these guys from me.

Take Spidey and Daken out the back,
    Pistol shot - they ain't coming back.
    I don't care, they're still for me,
    You can't take these guys from me.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm a collector too. I have mStorm and IM35, and would have maxed mWidow, Juggs and cHawkeye too if I hadn't opened up my stockpile of some 70 mixed standard and heroic tokens at one go and landed way too many new 3*s instead of the 2*s I was trying to build. Very difficult roster decisions at the time.

Anyway, I find them and my partially levelled 2-3* very handy in lightning rounds and PVEs when the enemies are low'level enough. Keeps the game challenging, and so far I barely have any trouble with scaling or mmr without tanking, except by accident with bad cascades.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm keeping Iron Man, Juggs, Storm, BW and Venom cos I like'em. They're mah babies.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got rid of all of mine but for Mstorm. I'm regretting it a bit, I would have liked to have played IM35 in the "Balance of Power" tournament. C'est la vie.