Lard of Thunder - June 13-15: Season 2

Options
13»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    So LT/Hood/OBW worked pretty well. Thor's moves aren't cheap, so AP stealing is really effective.

Got a few defensive wins as well and wasn't attacked as much as when I ran Patchneto. I climbed from 900 to 1000 without being attacked. I will probably use the same team if the event is rerun.
    I can't wait to finish top50 and get this last Blue Hood. I planned to save ISO to get him to 141, but I dumped all into my amazing 544 LThor, getting him from 50 to 95. He's around 141 when boosted, so I can see his power in all the glory icon_e_smile.gif

I was attacked like hell playing CMags+Patch, the attacks stopped once I switched CMags to Hulk. Not that it matters, as I lost my next two fights icon_e_biggrin.gif and now waiting for medpacks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    6 hours left here. I wonder if I can stay in top 50 and get a Hood cover. (Probably not.)

Another day in the life of a 2*->3* prole.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Eh, 700 is enough for a Hood cover so that'll do me unless someone goes nuts and pushes me out in the next five hours.

Not paying attention to this meant I could add over 1100 to my simulator score instead icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Laoahpeh, sorry for hitting you man - Tried to let you shield, but I ran out of health packs, so had to just go for it and shield myself. Retal probably sucks, but feel free to hit me back. At one point I kept cycling high point SHIELD guys, and didn't want to hit any of you guys (or incur the wrath of Ghast!) while you're climbing. Anyway - good luck finishing up and hopefully holding onto that top 5 in season. Few of you guys really battling it out, will be fun to watch what happens.
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    @Laoahpeh, sorry for hitting you man - Tried to let you shield, but I ran out of health packs, so had to just go for it and shield myself. Retal probably sucks, but feel free to hit me back. At one point I kept cycling high point SHIELD guys, and didn't want to hit any of you guys (or incur the wrath of Ghast!) while you're climbing. Anyway - good luck finishing up and hopefully holding onto that top 5 in season. Few of you guys really battling it out, will be fun to watch what happens.

I was joking. I really need to remember to put smilies in my posts.

Besides, I wouldn't do that to you on Father's Day. icon_twisted.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:

no worries, i'm pretty sure i did not get hit by you although I did get hit. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Whoops. Meant to try to get a few points in this event. Oh well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Eh, 700 is enough for a Hood cover so that'll do me unless someone goes nuts and pushes me out in the next five hours.

I got somewhere around 730, was 45th with 8min to go, then pushed out to 64 at the last. So no. :-/

I'm starting to think I'll need to start spending 75HP a tourney to perhaps guarantee myself any sort of 3* progression in them... I haven't quite been able to afford that lately.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mehhh wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:

I got somewhere around 730, was 45th with 8min to go, then pushed out to 64 at the last. So no. :-/

I'm starting to think I'll need to start spending 75HP a tourney to perhaps guarantee myself any sort of 3* progression in them... I haven't quite been able to afford that lately.

Depending on your alliance, at one 75HP 3 hour shield, you should at minimum break even with a top 150 solo finish and an alliance finish in the top 2500 alliances. If you can bring yourself up to top 100, you'll make a 25HP profit per event that you only shield once with a 3 hour.

I find that I either go with an 8 hour, or two 3 hour shields and break even with a top 25 finish. If I can work my way up to 900 for the HP reward I make a small profit in HP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    So LT/Hood/OBW worked pretty well. Thor's moves aren't cheap, so AP stealing is really effective.

Got a few defensive wins as well and wasn't attacked as much as when I ran Patchneto. I climbed from 900 to 1000 without being attacked. I will probably use the same team if the event is rerun.
    I can't wait to finish top50 and get this last Blue Hood. I planned to save ISO to get him to 141, but I dumped all into my amazing 544 LThor, getting him from 50 to 95. He's around 141 when boosted, so I can see his power in all the glory icon_e_smile.gif

I was attacked like hell playing CMags+Patch, the attacks stopped once I switched CMags to Hulk. Not that it matters, as I lost my next two fights icon_e_biggrin.gif and now waiting for medpacks.

It sucks to play with lowly boss. Especially when he is a beast -- patch in the prev. tournament and now LT just rules the field. One Cots and opponent team gone -- maybe you need one shot of red or yellow but who cares.

I went with mags/hood all the way, minimum incoming attacks and barely bruised. hood and mags collects AP at a really good rate, especially on better terrain -- I had to adjust play style of mags to concentrate on this aspect. The yellows or greens were present really fast.

Using Hulk puts you back to square one -- In past I considered LT quite sucks for being slow, and he is indeed without proper ramp too. Even if you not lose you're bound to swallow a ton of damage to compensate.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got my 4th obw blue cover! So happy

One more to go and she will be maxed covered!
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    Got my 4th obw blue cover! So happy

One more to go and she will be maxed covered!

nice job! you'll definitely using her for a looooooonng time to come