Lard of Thunder - June 13-15: Season 2

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Wow this one is getting brutal! I've only got a little over 400 but for every match I fight, I'm getting attacked twice. That's not unusual but it doesn't generally happen until I'm a lot closer to 700...
    Thats happening to me too, im taking a beating when im only with a miserable 500 points... S2 end is close so its a mayhem for the last season points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm really trying to figure out if I really even want to try. I'd be having to use the Loaner Thor, and I know how it'll go. I'll be lucky to get a few games against 85s and MAYBE a low Lazy Thor before getting nothing but 120s and up only.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is one of those events that are brutal simply cause Thor's so strong, and if you have less than a level 100 powered up you're gonna get eaten alive sadly....
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aaand I'm done.
    Felt like finishing the season in style with 1100+ even though I didn't need the cover icon_e_smile.gif

@reckless, daveomite
    I gave you both about 10 minutes before I hit you, and made sure your points had stopped moving - judging by your totals I think I managed to hold off until you were shielded again?
    Went in with boosts against reckless, forgot to boost against daveomite, but still managed to win easily, lol. Good board icon_e_biggrin.gif

So if you got me, fire away, I'm done with PVP for the season.

Onwards to shield training...
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LordDoom you have my undivided attention. 5 hits in a row for 40 each. .. I would long be done with this **** had it not been for you.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    LordDoom you have my undivided attention. 5 hits in a row for 40 each. .. I would long be done with this tinykitty had it not been for you.
    He's just you from the future who went back in time to try to get you to rage quit MPQ before it all goes wrong...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hmmm, reached 1139 in 1 run, with a +10 defensive win
    Hood is really good with LThor
    now im shielded, feel free to hit me
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grazzt wrote:
    Didn't get a single loss with Hood/UDaken overnight, but 5 defensive victories for +72 points.
    Not a single attack in my climb from 800 to 1118 today*
    That team is crazy good.

*Well, I got one loss from someone running a max Juggs / max IM35 and the loaner LT... but I refuse to believe that was a legit loss, the guy was alliance-less too, so most likely a cheater. Just the one hit though, so I didn't bother reporting him. Might have been boosted through his nose and lucky cascades, too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:
    Didn't get a single loss with Hood/UDaken overnight, but 5 defensive victories for +72 points.
    Not a single attack in my climb from 800 to 1118 today*
    That team is crazy good.

*Well, I got one loss from someone running a max Juggs / max IM35 and the loaner LT... but I refuse to believe that was a legit loss, the guy was alliance-less too, so most likely a cheater. Just the one hit though, so I didn't bother reporting him. Might have been boosted through his nose and lucky cascades, too.
    I was running exactly the same team
    No attacks so far, but I have spent 300 iso skipping people, all I can see are around 700-800 pts icon_cry.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    It was a bad choice to bring Hulk into a Dakan/patch/LT fight
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    It was a bad choice to bring Hulk into a Dakan/patch/LT fight

My top team right now has a Patch and a Hulk, so I'm popping healthpacks like candy... The fact that my LThor is not leveled certainly doesn't help.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To kidicarus: Thanks for the pts! I'll try to use that massive +4 ( icon_lol.gif ) to boost towards my goal of the last green S&V cover I'll ever need icon_cool.gif

We'll see how crazy the points get in my bracket...I know I saw MTGO Ferret hovering around 300ish with a cover-maxed X-Force, who knows who else will pop up?

If another forumite in our bracket wants #1, I'm cool with letting the zombie horde feed on me, I'll check back again around the T -8 Hour mark to see who appears in Top 10.

Post it if you want it and are going to push later for it, our bracket currently at this timestamp has me (gambl0r312) @ #1 w/ 948, #2 is SilverTalon @ 903, #3 is Smokecat @ 878.

I'll pull a Wedge and try to keep other TIE fighters off our tails by being an enticing target for now, won't push up if another forumite wants #1 in our bracket....hopefully my LThor 212, Hood 140, C.Mags 140 helps out

In Game Name: gambl0r312
  • Unknown
    Options
    This one has been a great example of the screwed up MMR for me. I see a stream of 212 141 141s. My thor is level 29. So while I can go into the fights, getting anywhere near a three star cover is just not going to happen, so why try?
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Thor, patch, magneto...every single node. Oh cool a new team! Nope, just Hood instead of Patch.

215 plus days in to the game and I have finally been consumed by the boring monotony of pvp.

On a lighter note, Happy Father's Day to the other dads on the forum!
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    gambl0r312 wrote:
    To kidicarus: Thanks for the pts! I'll try to use that massive +4 ( icon_lol.gif ) to boost towards my goal of the last green S&V cover I'll ever need icon_cool.gif
    In Game Name: gambl0r312

Glad to be able to help lol. you know how it is, with LT, irrespective of how good your team is, sometimes you just can't stop the AI from getting 14 green or 12 yellow and it's better to nurse your wounds taking a retreat rather than wiping your whole team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Made it up to 900 last night for the HP, sat unshielded over night. Smacked down to about 600 something. Worked back up there again and am shielded out for the remainder. currently top 10, would love to stay there as I'd like another yellow Hood, but even just that 5th blue would be nice.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    pnJCHzT.jpg
    I have a similar problem, as I am a little bit OCD (just a bit), it irks me when LT goes overkill on the enemy team and they are already half-dead while I collected AP. OTOH when I get the whole enemy team to a roughly 3,5k health mark and use an enhanced Rage of the Panther on them, or even manage a CTS in the same manner (which is hard to do because you want to get rid of certain Russian spies or crime bosses fast), it's extremely satisfying.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Super Thor on the other hand is literally idiot proof.
    Thankfully he's not Retribution proof icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Nor Dormamu's Aid proof.

Anyways, made it up to 300, got the token. Pulled a Blue Hood, officially at 5 covers for Dormamu's Aid. My tournament climb is now over. Don't need anything else they're offering.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So LT/Hood/OBW worked pretty well. Thor's moves aren't cheap, so AP stealing is really effective.

Got a few defensive wins as well and wasn't attacked as much as when I ran Patchneto. I climbed from 900 to 1000 without being attacked. I will probably use the same team if the event is rerun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shielded for the duration at 1003. Hopefully, enough for top ten - I need two Yellows and my Hood's complete - but probably not realistic, as I'm hitting the wall of 141s and I don't have anyone over 105. First time over 1000 since the golden age of shields, though I may start pushing to it more routinely.

Lazy Thor, Classic Mags, and Hood worked well for this tournament. Got quite a few defensive wins this time, including a few fairly high point value ones.

In any case, feel free to attack me. Don't plan on unshielding, except very slightly possibly at the t-minus five minute mark, if it's likely to affect anything and I can find a decent matchup.