Lord of Thunder as last PVP of the season!

Options
ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
ohhhhhhh.....this is gonna be fun! and a horrible bloodbath to end all blood baths if they have Super Storm as prizes....plus...powered up Super Thor's are not fun...except if you have one icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Surprised its not a Mostorm tourney, but it will have her rewards, almost guaranteed.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    Options
    then yeah it's gonna be something to behold..."sorry you need 1000 points for top 50"
  • Unknown
    Options
    My team in Magenta Mayhem: CMags, Lthor, Patch
    My team in Cage Match: CMags, Lthor, Patch
    My team in Lord of Thunder Thighs: CMags, Lthor, Patch
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ohhhhhhh.....this is gonna be fun! and a horrible bloodbath to end all blood baths if they have Super Storm as prizes....plus...powered up Super Thor's are not fun...except if you have one icon_e_biggrin.gif

May not be Lthor for the last pvp though.

I remember in season 1, Lthor was also given out as a reward in patch pvp (or other character). But after that, they had a Ldaken pvp not the lthor pvp though.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

And I've skipped them every time I've seen them so far so I don't expect that to change.

Lazy Thor covers continually elude me so mine's going to be like L30 max - sad panda time icon_cry.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    atomzed wrote:

I remember in season 1, Lthor was also given out as a reward in patch pvp (or other character). But after that, they had a Ldaken pvp not the lthor pvp though.
    I'll just assume you haven't seen the popup in game yet. Unless by "Lord of Thunder" they are talking about Storm, it sure seems like a LT PvP to me.

edit: oops! I just reread the popup and it even says "You may address him as... THOR". so yeah, I'd say it's definitely a Thor PvP
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm, not sure if I should just use the red cover to let me get him to the cap, or buy a 5th yellow (after winning this tourney)
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would be very funny if D3 were to "Bazinga!" us and have 2* Thor as the featured character in this tourney. Unlikely, but the amount of rage in the forums will be priceless.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ghast wrote:

I usually run Patchneto, but I'm growing tired of this combo. I think I'll at least try something different this time. I want to see how LT, Hood, OBW do in this event. Definitely on the squishy side, but double AP denial + big damage dealer is a lot of fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    kensterr wrote:
    It would be very funny if D3 were to "Bazinga!" us and have 2* Thor as the featured character in this tourney. Unlikely, but the amount of rage in the forums will be priceless.

I would love that so much, but they haven't done a 2* character as the featured for aaaaaaaaaaages. They've said basically that their pack purchases are so much better on this "featured 3* character" type of tournament than on the more varied types of PvP tournament they used to have that they aren't doing those other types.

Personally I think they're missing that having the occasional different type of tournament keeps people more interested and playing (and buying) in the long run, even if they don't get as many purchases during that tourney. Or they could just keep on having only one featured 3* hero in the pack even when the tourney is featuring multiple.

I think my LazyThor is 1/3/4 (before rewards from the Patch tourney) but I've never levelled him because I still hate LazyThor. Tbh there's probably not going to be a real difference between like a level 20 LazyThor and a level 50 LazyThor or whatever I could actually get him to ASAP, so I don't think I'm going to bother now. Probably get 500, shield and just work on piling up simulator points instead.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

I usually run Patchneto, but I'm growing tired of this combo. I think I'll at least try something different this time. I want to see how LT, Hood, OBW do in this event. Definitely on the squishy side, but double AP denial + big damage dealer is a lot of fun.

I'm fed up of patchneto as well but CMags is still too good to totally get rid of. In magnetic mayhem I was using hood/cmag/LT and i was pleasantly surprised at the number of defensive wins i earned throughout the tournament.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

I'll just assume you haven't seen the popup in game yet. Unless by "Lord of Thunder" they are talking about Storm, it sure seems like a LT PvP to me.

edit: oops! I just reread the popup and it even says "You may address him as... THOR". so yeah, I'd say it's definitely a Thor PvP

Well I was wrong. It is confirmed that the last pvp is Lthor.

Not looking forward to a 212 Lthor. He will have 11000 HP? Going to be tough to kill him.
  • Unknown
    Options
    atomzed wrote:

Not looking forward to a 212 Lthor. He will have 11000 HP? Going to be tough to kill him.
    Just add Punisher to your team (one shot kill for 8 red when below 4400).
  • Unknown
    Options
    atomzed wrote:

Just add Punisher to your team (one shot kill for 8 red when below 4400).

Yes, I encourage ALL OF YOU to put Punisher on your teams before I make my push. Pair him with OBW! icon_twisted.gif
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    Options
    Super Thor's Boosted stats are gonna be able to kill all the 2 stars cause his CotS will do 5781 to target and 2890 to everyone else and put a major dent in any 3 star below at or below mid tier health....plus at 13k HP....though that whole punisher thing could totally finish him....it's just getting it down 9k HP to actually pull it off...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i'm happy i wont have to go through another buffed/cmag/patch tourney (even if im sure there will be still a lof these).. with LT buffed, i can field my fav team of LT/mag/hood..and have some fun with it for a change..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Buffed LThor.
    Possible Mororo rewards.
    Last tourney of the Season2.

This is gonna be fun.

Do You have enough balls (HP) for it? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    kensterr wrote:

Isn't it your choice? IMO would make perfect sense to allow any of the variants and apply the same buff... certainly those with evolved LT would be little more ahead.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    I'm fed up of patchneto as well but CMags is still too good to totally get rid of. In magnetic mayhem I was using hood/cmag/LT and i was pleasantly surprised at the number of defensive wins i earned throughout the tournament.

I also switched LT for Hood recently and looks pretty much better on offense. We'll see the defense part shortly. I didn't expect that amount of steal and found using pistols every few games too -- while picking the less yellows for Thor somehow felt stuck more times than not...

Sure in LT tournament he will not be left on the bench. I'm glad, was expecting another 2on2 **** with new storm.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Buffed LThor.
    Last tourney of the Season2.

Let's not run ahead of ourselves, it ain't over 'til it's over.