Forest Fire is awesomeness.

I've only gotten to use it a few times but, I love it. That's all. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• You will change your mind quickly once you are on the other side of Forest Fire =P I think I only managed to win once after being hit by Forest Fire.
    But yeah, it great for any character using red AP.
  • I was on the other end of it in one of 'The Hood' Lightning Rounds. That was the first time I ever saw it used. icon_razz.gif Initially, I thought it was one of his abilities and that's why the rounds were so insane. Lol. I checked his abilities (thank you very much for the comprehensive list, by the way icon_e_biggrin.gif) and I realized it wasn't.

Then I realized it was the super-powered 'Thorned Rose' and got to cast it a few times. The best part isn't just all of the red AP (which is pretty awesome indeeed) but! That you get to steal ALL of your opponents AP. It's like instant overkill. Lol.
  • Then I realized it was the super-powered 'Thorned Rose' and got to cast it a few times. The best part isn't just all of the red AP (which is pretty awesome indeeed) but! That you get to steal ALL of your opponents AP. It's like instant overkill. Lol.

I personally prefer 'Thorned Rose' over 'Forest Fire'. With AP required for FF I can easily cast TR enough times to get 30AP in every colour and still have some spare. As far as I remember, FF doesn't steal, but destroys opponent's AP.
  • Hmm. I can't remember. I've been using Rag and IM40 so Forest Fire really helps me conserve health in the current Tournament. I do know it incapacitates the AI from using any damaging abilities. I thought it stole AP because all of my AP of other colors fill up as well but, maybe it was all of the cascading? icon_e_biggrin.gif Either way, it's awesome. Lol.

I usually don't go for the environmental tiles because they take so long to collect and when I do go for them it's usually in combination with the critical tiles and by the time I notice it pulsating, Forest Fire is already up there. I get really happy when I see it. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • The forest is the most interesting environment IMHO, as it has the most potential for a sudden, unanticipated reversal of fortune.

Many times I think I'm dominating, and the opponent pulls a thorned rose, followed by a torrent of unleashed abilities... icon_eek.gif

The lab comes in second for the most interesting, with city last (I hardly ever intentionally collect environment tiles in the city)
  • The second city ability is just as devastating as forest fire.
  • MrMeer wrote:
    The lab comes in second for the most interesting, with city last (I hardly ever intentionally collect environment tiles in the city)

Lab can be fun, I think my record was 7 critical tiles on board.
    Ranzera wrote:
    The second city ability is just as devastating as forest fire.

Yeah, in particular that it destroys half of board AND generates AP from all destroyed tiles.

I would say that healing from City and second skill in Lab are least useful, so I will suggest something I did already couple times - make them scalable for them to retain usefulness at higher levels eg. make HP healed % in City and dmg from Lab based on average level of characters in your team.
  • I would rather see the second level abilities be less powerful and easier to get to. The only time I've seen these get used is when a boosted character makes a critical match with environmental tiles. It would be nice if they actually factored into routine play (I.e. you had to decide between using the first and saving up for the second, which isn't practical in a routine match).
  • Misguided wrote:
    I would rather see the second level abilities be less powerful and easier to get to. The only time I've seen these get used is when a boosted character makes a critical match with environmental tiles. It would be nice if they actually factored into routine play (I.e. you had to decide between using the first and saving up for the second, which isn't practical in a routine match).

I've managed to get some once or twice w/o boosts. But it's hard. Some of the abilities are "easier" to get to than others -- namely Forest Fire, the Winter one (which I wish was regularly available as an environment), and the Latverian one (which I'm fine with not being a regular environ). The second city ability is pretty ridiculously overpriced IMO. Yes, it's powerful. I don't think it's that much more powerful than Forest Fire/Winter but it's much, much more expensive.
  • This thing just seems crazy.

I haven't had a chance to use it myself but I've had the AI hit me a couple times in PVP. Just ridiculous.

Getting a ton of red is nice. Draining all enemy AP is nice. Doing both??

Geeeeez... icon_eek.gif

I'm OK with environmental abilities being totally crazy, but this one in particularly seems to be way, way, way more powerful than any other...
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    someguy wrote:
    This thing just seems crazy.

I haven't had a chance to use it myself but I've had the AI hit me a couple times in PVP. Just ridiculous.

Getting a ton of red is nice. Draining all enemy AP is nice. Doing both??

Geeeeez... icon_eek.gif

I'm OK with environmental abilities being totally crazy, but this one in particularly seems to be way, way, way more powerful than any other...

City is better imo. 32 ap, not just red, massive damage and just as much chance for wild cascades.
  • I've gotten Narrow Alley a couple of times and it's good but, if you use Rag, Forest Fire is total awesomeness.

In my last retaliation match, I actually had a two Forest Fire stack. Lol. It was so cool. icon_eek.gif
  • It's really not the most effective way of going about things, but I bet Moonstone + Forest Fire could be a lot of fun. Depending on how the cascade falls, there's often still a lot of red left on the board, but it's also likely you have enough red AP to use her skill twice in a row. That's probably two characters wiped out.
  • instead of using second env abilty. i prefer using the first couple times. thorned rosex6 is instant win. lab first ability x6=cascade and another round of tons environment ability. except in city[worst first and second abilty]
  • Forest fire is just fun and I feel accomplished when I cast it. That being said I've personally only used the 2nd enviro ability during tournaments in which I had a buffed character going.

Otherwise I'm lucky to even use the 1st ability once. I feel like the AI goes for enviro tiles as a first priority but that's probably just in my head.
  • I love using Forest Fire as a defensive move. Nothing stops a rampaging Thor like having 0 AP.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    The blue forest fire like 2nd skill in the winter area is pretty fun.
  • winter second ability is better. only 102 ap. 1 critical matched with 2 winter tile=win. everything is blue...windstorm x 6 OMG
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was going to create a thread about environmental tiles but found this one.

Anyone who reads the original posts and gets all misty eyed would know just how awesome Forest Fire was. Please can we have a story event in which they make a comeback instead of team up tiles? Yes the cities Hit Dog Stand was just awful but playing versus events and the environmental tiles adding a different layer of strategy was one of the better things that got dropped.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Was going to create a thread about environmental tiles but found this one.

Anyone who reads the original posts and gets all misty eyed would know just how awesome Forest Fire was. Please can we have a story event in which they make a comeback instead of team up tiles? Yes the cities Hit Dog Stand was just awful but playing versus events and the environmental tiles adding a different layer of strategy was one of the better things that got dropped.

I was just talking to some of my alliance-mates about Environmental tiles the other day. In the end, I'm glad they are gone. They were cool at the time (IMO obviously) but I think TU tiles are better overall.