New Character - Mephisto (Lord of Hell) 5*

13»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,120 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 15 October 2024, 20:21

@Painmonger said:

>

The question in my mind is whether damage avoiding characters whose bar turns green when hit as if they were receiving an equal amount of damage to what is received will be affected.

Does it count dodging as healing since the health bar lights up? If it does I imagine it's unintentional but depends on how it's coded & would increase his value a little.

My question is when in the healing process does this trigger? Is it the outgoing amount of the heal, or only the amount the healed character receives? Basically, does his black count overhealing?

It would only be a small amount, but there are a few supports that increase healing received as well. Do those get added to his black as well?

Edit for what I meant: I would be amazed if it counted dodging as healing - dodging is avoiding taking any damage at all.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,679 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bustapup said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Bustapup said:
    I see him working well with anyone dealing permanent damage (i.e magik/kaine?), his enemy burst heal will be mitigated by that and if you have someone dealing out a lot of heals his black is gonna scale very quickly

The enemy burst heal is meant to power up his black ability if you're not facing a healer. If you bring someone who does permanent damage, the enemy won't burst heal, and you won't power up his black.

It will I think because mephisto reduces the max health and then burst heals.... ?

Dunno! Someone will need to test it, I guess.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,404 Chairperson of the Boards

Maybe GE Doom and Victorious can get a glow up here at some point; also Anti-Venom, so you can have a whole team of heal-hurters.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,592 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:
    He looks ok. I'm not as high on him as other in the thread, but he will fill a specific niche nicely.
    Not someone to build around, but another tool on the belt to attack specific problems.

His blue basically gives you 4500 damage each turn, and potentially more on match.
    Really though, you want to let him cook (no pun intended) for a few turns to spread his fire so it doesn't fizzle out too fast.

Also, it looks like hellfire is another unique tile type. I wonder if they will be locked to those who create them or open to both teams.

I think he would be great with Crystal and Kain. He would also murder opposing Crystals, but she doesn't show up a lot any more.

535 build since you don't get anymore turns for the stun.

That's a very good question. I see three possibilities:

• they'll be a neutral tile like webs or void tiles, which will mean that they probably won't be specifically targeted by MThor and potentially they'll count for both teams. That could get ugly fast in a mirror match
    • they'll be tiles associated with a side, like Invisibility tiles. Then MThor will target them, but they won't count for both teams.
    • They'll be a tile "overlay" like Victor Machina's "shrapnel" tile. That will actually kind of suck, since those are basically trap tiles that everyone can see and hence are easily overwritten by any other kind of special tile by the other team.

The text doesn't say so it could be any of the above, really. I guess we'll find out.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker

The other question for me is, does the tile drop affect also happen on the enemies turn. The ability verbiage doesn't specifically say new tiles on your turn have chance to be hellfire tiles.
    I think MeHulk and 3*May has some potential.

• GrimSkald

@Codex said:
    The other question for me is, does the tile drop affect also happen on the enemies turn. The ability verbiage doesn't specifically say new tiles on your turn have chance to be hellfire tiles.

I'm pretty sure it does. Here's the text:

(PASSIVE) New tiles have a 5% chance to be a Hellfire tile. On battle start, create 1 Hellfire tile(s).

If it was only you, they would say "On your turn, new tiles..."

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker

@GrimSkald said:

@Codex said:

I'm pretty sure it does. Here's the text:

(PASSIVE) New tiles have a 5% chance to be a Hellfire tile. On battle start, create 1 Hellfire tile(s).

If it was only you, they would say "On your turn, new tiles..."

Thanks. I figured as much...but you never know with how some ofthe abilities have translated ingame lately.

Mirror matches would be very painful and health pack intensive.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,421 Chairperson of the Boards

I've read everything and still have no idea how he will act when in the wild. Will probably baby champ him and see how it goes.

• Helinutz
    Helinutz Posts: 48 Just Dropped In

@raber18 said:
    who do we think his feeder will be?

Think Coulson is a good call, but also linked with Agent Venom, so theres another one to add to the "maybe" list

• GrimSkald

@Helinutz said:

@raber18 said:
    who do we think his feeder will be?

Think Coulson is a good call, but also linked with Agent Venom, so theres another one to add to the "maybe" list

Unfortunately if there's a 4★ Ghost Rider coming up (which there is, he's listed on the "What's New") that makes a lot of sense as a feeder. No quick leg up this time I think.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,799 Chairperson of the Boards

It’s blade. Another one I stupidly ascended early, put your house on it.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,204 Chairperson of the Boards

Dang last few 5 stars have been fire.

No pun intended for mephisto lol

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 95 Match Maker

@Tony_Foot said:

Same for me. Ascended him before I knew about the 5 star consequences.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,404 Chairperson of the Boards

How does Sersi’s purple behave on the enemy turn? Domino specifies her thing happens on your turn but Sersi’s is worded more like this.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker

Blue sounds like each hellfire tile will deliver its own hit, so each should be boostable separately by strikes or Apoc/Okoye. That could really add up. Wong and Magick would pile up tons of passive damage or sub in Nico or Kitty to beg the strikes.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker

Working on ascending 3* Emma to 5*. This would be a good character to have at 5/5/5 and maybe use with Grocket.

• Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker

Nice awareness on the devs with his AP costs...
    6 6 6

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,679 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tony_Foot said:

Is this confirmed?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards

@Jinx said:
    Blue sounds like each hellfire tile will deliver its own hit, so each should be boostable separately by strikes or Apoc/Okoye. That could really add up. Wong and Magick would pile up tons of passive damage or sub in Nico or Kitty to beg the strikes.

Blue only does damage on spread or match, not on creation.

The power is clear that it will only spread 2 tiles per turn. So at 450 that is 2136x2 or 4,272 per turn from the spread.
    It could get out of hand with matches though if you can shake the board and force cascades. 5Doom, 5Magneto, or even Th4nos might be interesting though.