New Character - Mephisto (Lord of Hell) 5*

Comments

• raber18
    raber18 Posts: 53 Match Maker

@rainkingucd said:

@raber18 said:
    who do we think his feeder will be?

Years back I made a prediction that Hellcat would be Hela's feeder based solely on the idea that the name had the word "Hell" in it.

I was wrong then but now's my time to shine!

Hellcat. Because I know nothing of comics Mephisto and she has "Hell" in her name

I mean devil dinosaur has devil in his name so i guess i'll guess him then

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,052 Chairperson of the Boards

Finally a character who really punishes healers. I’m glad I horded my CP. I really like this guy’s kit.

Also, I’m gonna make a guess that morbius will feed Mephisto.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,592 Chairperson of the Boards

@raber18 said:

The most obvious ones are characters who already feed themselves - Ghost Rider and Doctor Doom (Mephisto had the soul of Doom's mom.) Almost all other Supernatural characters already have good thematic feedees, the only ones who don't are Blade and Morbius. I'd say either of those are possible.

Interestingly enough, though, Mephisto is connected to a lot of characters. I went through his Wiki. He's had Mockingbird's soul for a while, turned Coulson into a villain, made a deal with Peter Parker ("One More Day," augh!), worked with Thanos, dealt with an alternate Punisher, and many, many others. They're not starved for choices...

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 166 Tile Toppler

My first thought was pairing her with 3* Kamala Khan. His cheap powers would trigger her team heal all the time & give an outlet for green. Her purple could match some of his hellfire tiles, too. Maybe Riri for the 3rd & use the cheap green to stun instead?

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 534 Critical Contributor

This makes me happy

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 812 Critical Contributor

@GrimSkald said:

@BriMan2222 said:
    Oh good, a cp store with Dr. Strange in it. I was getting worried when we hadn't had one in a couple months.

I realize you're being sarcastic but there's one going on right now.

I find this very disappointing - at this point there are a ton of supernatural people they could have put in his stead.

5 star strange all day, every day.

• Rejoinder
    Rejoinder Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited 14 October 2024, 21:32

I'd like to try him with Kaine and Nova. Kaine for the random massive bursts of permanent damage, and Nova for the random bursts of healing.

Having said that...I wonder if he could get supercharged by She-Hulk with gamma rays...

My guess for feeder would be Purple Man.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited 14 October 2024, 21:49

@raber18 said:

Maybe the new 4* Ghost Rider that they're going to release in a couple of weeks.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,404 Chairperson of the Boards

Maybe we will get a 4* Blackheart! For what it’s worth I also read that healing power as any character getting healed.

• Bustapup
    Bustapup Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited 14 October 2024, 23:16

I see him working well with anyone dealing permanent damage (i.e magik/kaine?), his enemy burst heal will be mitigated by that and if you have someone dealing out a lot of heals his black is gonna scale very quickly

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,679 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bustapup said:
    I see him working well with anyone dealing permanent damage (i.e magik/kaine?), his enemy burst heal will be mitigated by that and if you have someone dealing out a lot of heals his black is gonna scale very quickly

The enemy burst heal is meant to power up his black ability if you're not facing a healer. If you bring someone who does permanent damage, the enemy won't burst heal, and you won't power up his black.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker

Wong could give him strikes and the supernatural % boost.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker

Does reviving count as healing? Or does the character ability specifically have to say "burst of health" or "heals health"

• Kross
    Kross Posts: 95 Match Maker

His feeder has to be Blade right?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,335 Chairperson of the Boards

@Kross said:
    His feeder has to be Blade right?

I really hope so. My dupe just got to 300.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,404 Chairperson of the Boards

@Codex said:
    Does reviving count as healing? Or does the character ability specifically have to say "burst of health" or "heals health"

I would not expect a revive to count as a heal, I associate healing with any time the character’s bar goes green. The question in my mind is whether damage avoiding characters whose bar turns green when hit as if they were receiving an equal amount of damage to what is received will be affected.

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 166 Tile Toppler

>

The question in my mind is whether damage avoiding characters whose bar turns green when hit as if they were receiving an equal amount of damage to what is received will be affected.

Does it count dodging as healing since the health bar lights up? If it does I imagine it's unintentional but depends on how it's coded & would increase his value a little.

My question is when in the healing process does this trigger? Is it the outgoing amount of the heal, or only the amount the healed character receives? Basically, does his black count overhealing?

It would only be a small amount, but there are a few supports that increase healing received as well. Do those get added to his black as well?

• Bustapup
    Bustapup Posts: 9 Just Dropped In

@entrailbucket said:

@Bustapup said:

The enemy burst heal is meant to power up his black ability if you're not facing a healer. If you bring someone who does permanent damage, the enemy won't burst heal, and you won't power up his black.

It will I think because mephisto reduces the max health and then burst heals.... ?

• Tac
    Tac Posts: 23 Just Dropped In

@Painmonger said:
    My question is when in the healing process does this trigger? Is it the outgoing amount of the heal, or only the amount the healed character receives? Basically, does his black count overhealing?

I'd assume it's for the amount received if it's a true heal ; but that's not as obvious for burst heal since it technically lets you "overheal" (you see the full amount even if you heal for less).

I'd also guess anything that pops a green number counts as a heal, whether its ironmay boost, some rez, a support healing (pizza dog for exemple). And while May parker 5* life flashes when she dodges, it makes no green numbers so it shouldn't do anything.

PS : Crystal or 3a5 kamala partner? Since the heal reduction affects both allies and enemies, feed it yourself too

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards

He looks ok. I'm not as high on him as other in the thread, but he will fill a specific niche nicely.
    Not someone to build around, but another tool on the belt to attack specific problems.

His blue basically gives you 4500 damage each turn, and potentially more on match.
    Really though, you want to let him cook (no pun intended) for a few turns to spread his fire so it doesn't fizzle out too fast.

Also, it looks like hellfire is another unique tile type. I wonder if they will be locked to those who create them or open to both teams.

I think he would be great with Crystal and Kain. He would also murder opposing Crystals, but she doesn't show up a lot any more.

535 build since you don't get anymore turns for the stun.