[BOSS EVENT] BOSS RUSH - 10/10/24 - 10/13/24

2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,120 Chairperson of the Boards

The problem with Quandary is that it is either easy repetition or out of the players control RNG such as matching the fortified tiles which on a bad board can take ages. If they allowed use of powers on the RNG nodes it would help, without it players used to fast matches with lots of control get frustrated and bored.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,237 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@Painmonger said:
    I'm a little disappointed it's not the previous version, honestly. I was just breaking in to fully covered 4* territory back then & 3* Storm, Kamala, Hulk got me through full progression. It's what finally convinced me to leave my casual alliance that never made it to round 6.

I did suggest to my alliance the evil remake I secretly hoped for was to add another boss wave each round. They may have needed to up the rewards a little bit, but would still capture the tension of the original versions. Especially if AP didn't reset between waves.

I really don't think they can make "normal" fights difficult now. The power level on offense has gone up so far that, short of breaking the rules, or mandating a set of 3 characters they choose, we're going to kill enemies that have any amount of HP or do any amount of damage. We've got teams that pretty trivially go infinite turn 1 and can do infinite damage. They could run a 20-enemy wave that has 999,999 HP each and does massive damage, and you'd just cheese it in two minutes with Kang or m'Thor/Shang-Chi.

Puzzle Gauntlet and/or stuff like Quandary is the only way they can make fights difficult, but I don't think they're very popular (maybe because of this!).

This is pretty much exactly what I was just saying to my alliance mates before the event was in game and some of them were worried that it would be exactly like the last boss rush with no changes and it would be too hard. I told them that at the time the first boss rush came out most of us were just in 4 star land and now we are 5 star players, most of us in the 550 level. They can run the exact same event again and it will be no issue because we all have a million ways to cheese through anything now.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker

@S0kun in the Boss Fight vault, there are now three 3Ascended4 characters included. Is this going to be the new normal, or is it just for anniversary?

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 121 Tile Toppler

I hope they stay, would be a great incentive to get more participation from those with weaker rosters.