Wolverine (Old Man Logan) 5* - Rebalance & New Costume

Comments

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,198 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 16 August 2024, 13:44

@entrailbucket said:

@pepitedechocolat said:
    I stand with the fact that regen is not an issue, it is not an issue for the players, not an issue for the gameplay nor for game balance, nor for PVP.

It's only a monetization issue, this is not our (the players) problem. And I doubt health packs are a major source of revenue nor a great ressource sink for the game

changes to 2wolvie and OBW were to force the use of HP, no player was happy with the changes.

You're arguing against the health pack system, which is fine -- it's meant to stop us from playing forever unless we pay.
    Anybody who wants to play forever without spending money (most of us) will obviously hate it!

As long as that system exists, they're not going to produce characters that circumvent it.

I saw someone else say "health regeneration can never be overpowered," which is definitely false. My classic example is a theoretical 5* Blob -- he has 1 match damage in all colors and can't be stunned. He's got 300,000 HP at 450, and another passive that says "if Blob is at less than 100% health, (true) heal him to 100% every turn." He does literally nothing but heal, and that guy would become the entire metagame immediately.

Unless that Blob also had a jump in front mechanic, he would be no issue at all. Just save him for last and hit with Shang chi for 35 million damage. He would just be useless dead weight.

Even with a jump in front mechanic, mthor and shang would KO him quickly.

He would likely be a problem for low level players, trying to take down a blob with a few covers with 100k hp and only having 3 stars that do a few thousand damage.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards

@BriMan2222 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@pepitedechocolat said:
    I stand with the fact that regen is not an issue, it is not an issue for the players, not an issue for the gameplay nor for game balance, nor for PVP.

It's only a monetization issue, this is not our (the players) problem. And I doubt health packs are a major source of revenue nor a great ressource sink for the game

changes to 2wolvie and OBW were to force the use of HP, no player was happy with the changes.

You're arguing against the health pack system, which is fine -- it's meant to stop us from playing forever unless we pay.
    Anybody who wants to play forever without spending money (most of us) will obviously hate it!

As long as that system exists, they're not going to produce characters that circumvent it.

I saw someone else say "health regeneration can never be overpowered," which is definitely false. My classic example is a theoretical 5* Blob -- he has 1 match damage in all colors and can't be stunned. He's got 300,000 HP at 450, and another passive that says "if Blob is at less than 100% health, (true) heal him to 100% every turn." He does literally nothing but heal, and that guy would become the entire metagame immediately.

Unless that Blob also had a jump in front mechanic, he would be no issue at all. Just save him for last and hit with Shang chi for 35 million damage. He would just be useless dead weight.

He would likely be a problem for low level players, trying to take down a blob with a few covers with 100k hp and only having 3 stars that do a few thousand damage.

Not everyone has a maxed out version of m'Thor and Shang-Chi (and not everyone wants to use the same characters in every fight)...I feel like your description of "low level players" would include an awful lot of folks.

You're correct that health regeneration is a DPS check, though, and DPS has increased significantly over the years.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,198 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 16 August 2024, 14:49

@entrailbucket said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

Not everyone has a maxed out version of m'Thor and Shang-Chi (and not everyone wants to use the same characters in every fight)...I feel like your description of "low level players" would include an awful lot of folks.

You're correct that health regeneration is a DPS check, though, and DPS has increased significantly over the years.

You don't need a high lvl version, I used to do a million damage purple shang chi attack with baby champed mthor and baby champed shang. It's only recently that I have gotten them close to 550 (which I assume would be going up against 550 blob with 1 million hp), and I don't use them often, but I certainly would use them as a blob counter if he existed. I recon that partial covered shang could also handle partial covered blob.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker

There is nothing Shang can't do, coincidentally, he is also a better healer than Wolverine and circumvents the heck out of health packs, also also immortal characters.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,782 Chairperson of the Boards

They could triple OmL healing and he wouldn’t cause me anything like the problems and planning a ton of other 4 stars ascended and 5* do. I wish they had made his health regen so good the only option was to nuke him. I think that would have been fitting but honestly I still wouldn’t have used him. He doesn’t hit hard or fast enough for me to care.

• entrailbucket

That's all true.

I guess when you've got characters that can consistently turn0 almost any fight, characters that can trivially dish out 3 million damage, characters that can permanently stunlock, characters that go infinite turn 1, etc, health regeneration doesn't matter too much anymore.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,350 Chairperson of the Boards

If that’s the case, ru> @entrailbucket said:

@BriMan2222 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

4* Gamora and Deadliest Woman, maybe Silver Surfer would have to be the counter to that with the currently available choices.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,689 Chairperson of the Boards

I still think they should make a Wolverine that regens to full health every turn. I've been told it doesn't work thematically all that well with OML, though.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

Just hit me: shouldn't Deadpool regenerate health better than, ummmmm, not at all? Any of the Deadpool's? Well, maybe not one of them.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 17 August 2024, 02:41

@entrailbucket said:
    That's all true.

I guess when you've got characters that can consistently turn0 almost any fight, characters that can trivially dish out 3 million damage, characters that can permanently stunlock, characters that go infinite turn 1, etc, health regeneration doesn't matter too much anymore.

Exactly. Especially with how they give them out like candy if you save up your DDQ tokens. I don't think I've paid anything for a healthpack in over two years.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker

@LavaManLee said:
    Just hit me: shouldn't Deadpool regenerate health better than, ummmmm, not at all? Any of the Deadpool's? Well, maybe not one of them.

This and Sabretooth bothers me as well. As least Deadpool has his support to heal him.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,350 Chairperson of the Boards

3* Deadpool has a lame heal on his jump in front CD; seems like the higher end versions should be more durable

• entrailbucket

Making characters totally true to the lore is really complicated because, like, how do you do Silver Surfer or Galactus ever? There are so many characters in the lore that are immortal or totally immune to anything, but also... Marvel is kind of awful at staying consistent on power levels anyway. There are tons of examples throughout the years.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,938 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    3* Deadpool has a lame heal on his jump in front CD; seems like the higher end versions should be more durable

4* has a heal on his red. The others (Dev/Ghost/Hot) are all alternate reality versions that may or may not heal. One of them I have it on good authority… does not.

• Borstock

@Daredevil217 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

4* has a heal on his red. The others (Dev/Ghost/Hot) are all alternate reality versions that may or may not heal. One of them I have it on good authority… does not.

How was I supposed to know he doesn't regenerate? I'm not a medicine woman.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    edited 21 August 2024, 19:33

If you're still here and reeeally trying to have fun with him, consider probably the best I found for him: OML, Vulture5, Dealthlok.

• I am all for anyone who adds value to Vulture and those 2 play well together. Prioritize pink to get the Vulture in the air so OML can tank (he tanks all but blue and red even when pared with ascended Deathlok). Vulture plus Lok drastically speed up OMLs nukes and Lok also adds a little bit of protection. You could swap out Lok, but the additional speed and defense at least makes it a higher tier team.

If you really want to play in to the defense: OML, Prof5, Ice5

• Put Prof black at 5 for the defense and ap cost of enemy team because all Xmen. Iceman is one of the few who want you to destroy his tiles, OML black will target these for cheap instead of needing strikes, causing team damage or stun.\
      You can of course also sub Prof for Kang to make things faster with Kangs endless blue strat when destroying Icemans countdowns with OMLs black (which is better than Kangs).

Honorable mention for Magic3 who does well with him (give someone the Ultron AI support or pizza dog here for added fun since the strikes pop off more with this team). Use Magics red over OML, because really, his red isn't that good and Magics red drastically fuels OMLs black (which you want).

• entrailbucket

I really wouldn't bother with OML (or really, any 5* besides the 3 good ones) unless boosted.

He should be boosted again soon and I expect he'll play quite well for that week.

• Borstock

Be fair. There are at least 4 good ones.