New Character - Deadpool (Hotpool) 5*

13»

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 31 July 2024, 19:56

@pepitedechocolat said:

@S0kun said:
    Just a heads up that the slowness that everyone is experiencing should be patched out real soon.

just sneaking in that a "no animation" mode where everything resolves instantly, or "fixed length animation" where you could skip animation after a couple sec would certainly get a close to 100% adoption rate.

There's the following option setting in game.

"Play effects once per match"

Does that fix the slowness? Not experience the problem, but just putting it out there. Just discovered it the other day and now I leave animations on cause it only runs once. Sure it tacks on a few sec to matches, but it's nice to see character animations again.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,143 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 31 July 2024, 20:21

@entrailbucket said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

@S0kun said:
    Just a heads up that the slowness that everyone is experiencing should be patched out real soon.

just sneaking in that a "no animation" mode where everything resolves instantly, or "fixed length animation" where you could skip animation after a couple sec would certainly get a close to 100% adoption rate.

Gotta be careful with this stuff. How far would you go with it?

I'd love a mode where the AI takes his entire turn immediately in one shot, as soon as you make your move. All passives fire, he casts whatever, makes his move, all cascades resolve. So basically you make your move and then the board just instantly updates one time, based on all the AI's actions combined.

It'd make a ton of stuff viable for use in endgame PvP and PvE, because certain characters lose a lot of defensive value in PvP, and others gain a lot of offensive value in PvE.

But it'd be indecipherable for newer players ("why did I just die? how did I take 50,000 damage? what happened to the board?) and it'd make match-3 skill much, much more important. I'm not sure the current crop of competitive players wants that.

I'd love this feature too (I advocated for it above) as a HUGE QOL feature. I don't think it would be a problem for new players because I doubt they turn off sounds and animations until they are familiar with the game and the animations become annoying and repetitive. I know I left everything on for a few months when I started.

Not sure why it matters what the current crop of competitive players wants. They either step up their game or get left behind.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,065 Chairperson of the Boards

If new players are taking 50,000 damage I think the Devs need to fix that first!

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,543 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

@pepitedechocolat said:

@S0kun said:

Gotta be careful with this stuff. How far would you go with it?

I'd love a mode where the AI takes his entire turn immediately in one shot, as soon as you make your move. All passives fire, he casts whatever, makes his move, all cascades resolve. So basically you make your move and then the board just instantly updates one time, based on all the AI's actions combined.

It'd make a ton of stuff viable for use in endgame PvP and PvE, because certain characters lose a lot of defensive value in PvP, and others gain a lot of offensive value in PvE.

But it'd be indecipherable for newer players ("why did I just die? how did I take 50,000 damage? what happened to the board?) and it'd make match-3 skill much, much more important. I'm not sure the current crop of competitive players wants that.

I'd love this feature too (I advocated for it above) as a HUGE QOL feature. I don't think it would be a problem for new players because I doubt they turn off sounds and animations until they are familiar with the game and the animations become annoying and repetitive. I know I left everything on for a few months when I started.

Not sure why it matters what the current crop of competitive players wants. They either step up their game or get left behind.

KGB

Sorry! I didn't mean to steal your idea but I didn't understand fully what you were asking for.

The current crop of competitive players is just loud, and seems to get whatever they want, for unclear reasons. I think they'd probably be split on something like this anyway, but it would be a major speed advantage for players who were good/fast at match-3.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker

Now that the film's been out a couple of weeks, I'll still avoid a spoiler, but since we know that "Hotpool" is not this character's actual name, why not change it? Maybe when the movie makes it to streaming / home media?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 August 2024, 01:46

@Heartbreaksoup said:
    Now that the film's been out a couple of weeks, I'll still avoid a spoiler, but since we know that "Hotpool" is not this character's actual name, why not change it? Maybe when the movie makes it to streaming / home media?

I wouldn't hold my breath. It's been how many years since far from home, and Mysterio is still tagged as a hero.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,671 Chairperson of the Boards

As far as Hotpool's name, a number of Marvel games call him that.

Maybe Marvel wanted to avoid spoiling anything about the movie regarding his intent/skillset/etc.

In game his description suggests he's a bit more combat-adept than the movie depicted, so that makes sense to a degree.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 502 Critical Contributor

@BriMan2222 said:

@Heartbreaksoup said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. It's been how many years since far from home, and Mysterio is still tagged as a hero.

To be fair when he came out he only had the hero tag and now has villain and sinister six, and technologist but not relevant here.

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    edited 8 August 2024, 23:07

When does Hotpool hit LL? I thought he would be in by now.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,671 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 9 August 2024, 00:02

@Hellblazer666 said:

Hotpool enters very early (in the US) in the morning of Aug 22. New 5s always come in 4 weeks after being released now. The first Thursday of the season, there's a 3/5 release and the first Thursday of the following season is when they enter tokens.

Note that this strategy is seemingly designed to try to force whales/hoarders to use resources in the HP and CP store for the new 5, as after the CP store closes you can't get any covers for the 5 for about 2 1/2 weeks or so.

I don't know if that's effective, really, as far as spending, but that seems to be the intent.

• Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler

@bluewolf said:

@Hellblazer666 said:

Hotpool enters very early (in the US) in the morning of Aug 22. New 5s always come in 4 weeks after being released now. The first Thursday of the season, there's a 3/5 release and the first Thursday of the following season is when they enter tokens.

Note that this strategy is seemingly designed to try to force whales/hoarders to use resources in the HP and CP store for the new 5, as after the CP store closes you can't get any covers for the 5 for about 2 1/2 weeks or so.

I don't know if that's effective, really, as far as spending, but that seems to be the intent.

that's stupid. but whatever