S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 618 Critical Contributor
edited 18 September 2024 06:05 in Character Details

Health & Match Damage

Feeder Chart

Abilities

Ability: Star Unibeam
Color: Purple
AP Cost: 12

Rhodey diverts all power to an energy beam fired from the Iron Patriot armor’s chest. Choose a tile. Destroys up to 16 tiles in a star shape, creating 2 Critical tiles at the base (destroyed tiles do not gain AP). Then reduce the team’s Yellow, Red, and Blue AP by 4.

94: Unchanged.
144: Unchanged.

Level 2: Lose 3 AP.

Level 3: Create 3 Critical tiles at the base and top.

Level 4: Create 4 Critical tiles at the base and sides.

Level 5: Create 5 Critical tiles at the base, sides, and top.

Ability: Defensive Array
Color: Yellow
AP Cost: 8

Colonel Rhodes won’t allow anyone to harm his charges, and deploys his ordinance to ensure this. Create 10 strength 3 Protect tiles.

(PASSIVE) For each Shieldbearer on the team, Iron Patriot takes 12% reduced damage from matches and abilities.

Level 2: Create 11 tiles. Take 13% reduced damage.

Level 3: Create 12 tiles. Take 15% reduced damage.

Level 4: Create 14 tiles. Take 17% reduced damage.

Level 5: Create 18 tiles. Take 22% reduced damage.

Ability: Red White and Boom
Color: Red
AP Cost: 8

Flames, Repulsors, and missiles focus fire to bring down the Patriot’s enemies. Deal 78 damage to a target enemy. Then deal 39 damage to the enemy team. Then create a 1-turn Repeater tile that deals 25 damage.

(PASSIVE) For each Stark Tech teammate on the team, Iron Patriot deals 50% bonus match damage.

94: Deal 392 damage. Deal 196 team damage. Repeater deals 123 damage. Deal 50% bonus match damage.
144: Deal 510 damage. Deal 255 team damage. Repeater deals 159 damage. Deal 50% bonus match damage.

Level 2: Deal 83 damage. Deal 41 team damage. Repeater deals 28 damage. Deal 55% bonus match damage.
94: Deal 417 damage. Deal 208 team damage. Repeater deals 135 damage. Deal 55% bonus match damage.
144: Deal 542 damage. Deal 271 team damage. Repeater deals 175 damage. Deal 55% bonus match damage.

Level 3: Deal 93 damage. Deal 46 team damage. Repeater deals 30 damage. Deal 60% bonus match damage.
94: Deal 466 damage. Deal 233 team damage. Repeater deals 148 damage. Deal 60% bonus match damage.
144: Deal 606 damage. Deal 303 team damage. Repeater deals 191 damage. Deal 60% bonus match damage.

Level 4: Deal 112 damage. Deal 56 team damage. Repeater deals 38 damage. Deal 70% bonus match damage.
94: Deal 564 damage. Deal 282 team damage. Repeater deals 185 damage. Deal 70% bonus match damage.
144: Deal 733 damage. Deal 367 team damage. Repeater deals 239 damage. Deal 70% bonus match damage.

Level 5: Deal 149 damage. Deal 74 team damage. Repeater deals 45 damage. Deal 90% bonus match damage.
94: Deal 747 damage. Deal 374 team damage. Repeater deals 221 damage. Deal 90% bonus match damage.
144: Deal 972 damage. Deal 486 team damage. Repeater deals 286 damage. Deal 90% bonus match damage.

Release Events

All times in Pacific

Story

Honor Among Thieves
July 8, 2024, 04:00am – July 11, 2024, 11:00pm
2* Iron Patriot (James Rhodes) Covers in low tier rewards, Event Store Tokens in Placement rewards.

Hearts of Darkness
July 11, 2024, 04:00am – July 15, 2024, 11:00pm
2* Iron Patriot (James Rhodes) Covers in low tier rewards, Event Store Tokens in Progression and Placement rewards

Versus

Fresh Cut
July 4, 2024, 05:00pm – July 8, 12:00am
2* Iron Patriot (James Rhodes) Covers in low tier rewards, Event Store Tokens in Placement rewards

Delivering Freedom
July 7, 2024, 05:00am – July 10, 2023, 12:00pm
2* Iron Patriot (James Rhodes) Covers in low tier rewards, Event Store Tokens in Progression and Placement rewards

Offers

Iron Patriot & Friends Vault
July 4, 2023, 04 00am – July 18, 2023, 11:00pm
80 Item Vault:
3x 4-Stars
1x Iron Patriot (James Rhodes) [Ascended 4*] cover
1x Iron Man (Hulkbuster) Cover
1x Random 4-Star cover
7x Tokens
1x Legendary token
1x Mighty Token
2x Heroic Tokens
3x Beginner Support tokens
6x Iso-8
1x 5,000 Iso-8
2x 2,500 Iso-8
3x 1,000 Iso-8
15x 3-Stars
3x Sam Wilson (Falcon) cover
12x Random 3-Star covers
49x 2-Stars
10x Captain America (Steve Rogers) cover
39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• luisdile02
    luisdile02 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

Huzzah! Great timing.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,068 Chairperson of the Boards

How many purple can you get from Supports on turn one? 5 Criticals is quite a lot!

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    How many purple can you get from Supports on turn one? 5 Criticals is quite a lot!

12 if you have Black Widow Batons and Quantum Realm at 5*, possibly more if you have a mutant with Krakoa and purple strongest power

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,326 Chairperson of the Boards

Do the strenght of the protect tiles truly not increase with level? (Not that it matters much lol, as, with any other active power that does nothing but producing protect tiles, it will never be used other than in specific Puzzle Gauntlet scenarios.)

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 275 Mover and Shaker

@rainkingucd said:

@DAZ0273 said:

12 if you have Black Widow Batons and Quantum Realm at 5*, possibly more if you have a mutant with Krakoa and purple strongest power

Gorvius Glave gets you 3

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 71 Match Maker

This is the same art as the console version, no?

Fine with it, most people never saw that stuff, and I'm all about 2*s especially if it doesn't take much time from other characters... but just confirming my memory isn't flawed

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,735 Chairperson of the Boards

@trewiltrewil said:

Fine with it, most people never saw that stuff, and I'm all about 2*s especially if it doesn't take much time from other characters... but just confirming my memory isn't flawed

Was going to ask the same thing, is this the console-exclusive character or has he been changed?

• trewiltrewil

@Alfje17 said:

@trewiltrewil said:

Was going to ask the same thing, is this the console-exclusive character or has he been changed?

The powers are different, but the first two are similar in style (make crits in a star, make shields). The third one is totally different, the old power was more like the one where you call the inhumans based on the color most common on the board. These were the console power (I had to dig them up)

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,346 Chairperson of the Boards

Wow, didn’t expect to see this guy ever. Was he always Rhodey or was he Norman Osborne on Xbox?

• trewiltrewil

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Wow, didn’t expect to see this guy ever. Was he always Rhodey or was he Norman Osborne on Xbox?

He was Norman. I'm curious why they chose Rhodey here. Wonder if it was a contractual thing (or maybe we are going to get an boss event with the Norman version?)... Either way he is Norman in my heart and glad the game is finally complete.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,346 Chairperson of the Boards

He used to be a 4*, maybe it’s just a different variation?

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker

Iron parriot looks promising 5/3/5 seems like his most useful build at 2*. Have to wait and see what boosts he gets as 3* and 4* and what nerfs he gets at 5*.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 July 2024, 14:37

Just another slug to take a slot

Seems come out around 8th

So guessing 2 star accended to 4 store vault around the 12th

Nah instead of wasting 20k I just buy the next. 5 star vault 4 x and get better value

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,068 Chairperson of the Boards

It might just be they didn't want to release a villain with Patriotic themes for Independence Day.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 July 2024, 15:54

@trewiltrewil said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

He was Norman. I'm curious why they chose Rhodey here. Wonder if it was a contractual thing (or maybe we are going to get an boss event with the Norman version?)... Either way he is Norman in my heart and glad the game is finally complete.

Yeah I wish they had gone with Norman Osborne. Iron Patriot was meant to be the leader of the Dark Avengers (the Iron Man stand in). If they ever went back and updated some of those old 7 day events, they could have put Iron Patriot in the challenge nodes.

At least they kept the Purple Crit power unchanged. At a cost of 12 it's quite a bit cheaper then Gamma Power Bomb and it does more (destroys tiles too). I guess Black destroying 4 columns was considered OP even though other powers can destroy that or more (depending on if there are special tiles in them).

KGB

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 July 2024, 16:51

@DAZ0273 said:

I just peeked at the ascended 4 star version in his vault. There the Purple power only costs 9 instead of 12. I wonder if that carries over to the 5 star version as well. 9 AP for 5 crits is insanely cheap (compared to Gamma Power Bomb at 15) and should be easily achievable on turn 0 with boosts and supports.

Vault is resettable too so expect to see players buy twice to get a pair of 270s and then they just need 300 more covers to ascend (very easy to get from opening token hoards, I could do it from mine).

KGB

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,677 Chairperson of the Boards

Putting aside the contractual limitation which may or may not exist, making Iron Patriot Rhodey like in the MCU is going to be more familiar to most casual players. Lots of people have no idea about the ancient console version of this game.

And the comic storyline the game was originally based on had run its course years before the game even launched. By 2010, the Seige storyline was over and Norman had been soundly defeated by the classic Avengers. So he hasn’t been Iron Patriot for like 14 years.

Also I think Normie is kind of a good guy right now. So it would be weird to launch a villain version of him.

There’s nothing wrong with putting out a heroic version of the character and letting Rhodes have a chance to shine again. He’s probably better than War Machine.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,558 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

I just peeked at the ascended 4 star version in his vault. There the Purple power only costs 9 instead of 12. I wonder if that carries over to the 5 star version as well. 9 AP for 5 crits is insanely cheap (compared to Gamma Power Bomb at 15) and should be easily achievable on turn 0 with boosts and supports.

Vault is resettable too so expect to see players buy twice to get a pair of 270s and then they just need 300 more covers to ascend (very easy to get from opening token hoards, I could do it from mine).

KGB

Neat! And we can pretty reliably get 9+ purple at start of battle from supports now.

If you liked eating a Spectacular Strategy turn 1, you'll love this!

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

Gamma Power Bomb is 14 ... This new IP's purple can also be "aimed" as it performs a pattern, like GSBW's Sniper Rifle.