Iron Patriot (James Rhodes) 2*

Comments

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

Has anyone done the 'Rhodes Warrior' chained offer? It has an IP ascended to 3 star at tier one. Is there a higher ascended version after that? Thanks.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 398 Mover and Shaker

@captainheath said:
    Has anyone done the 'Rhodes Warrior' chained offer? It has an IP ascended to 3 star at tier one. Is there a higher ascended version after that? Thanks.

3*, 3*, 4*

$10, $20, $50

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

@JoeHandle said:

@captainheath said:

3*, 3*, 4*

$10, $20, $50

Wow. Thanks. Too rich for me.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    How many purple can you get from Supports on turn one? 5 Criticals is quite a lot!

I just peeked at the ascended 4 star version in his vault. There the Purple power only costs 9 instead of 12. I wonder if that carries over to the 5 star version as well. 9 AP for 5 crits is insanely cheap (compared to Gamma Power Bomb at 15) and should be easily achievable on turn 0 with boosts and supports.

Vault is resettable too so expect to see players buy twice to get a pair of 270s and then they just need 300 more covers to ascend (very easy to get from opening token hoards, I could do it from mine).

KGB

Gamma Power Bomb is 14 ... This new IP's purple can also be "aimed" as it performs a pattern, like GSBW's Sniper Rifle.

The quotes on aimed are doing some heavy lifting lol. Good news is the AI should be terrible at this as if you pick a tile along the edge it will proc less crits. I purposely pick a corner tile and only got 1 crit.

• JoeHandle

@Pantera236 said:

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    How many purple can you get from Supports on turn one? 5 Criticals is quite a lot!

I just peeked at the ascended 4 star version in his vault. There the Purple power only costs 9 instead of 12. I wonder if that carries over to the 5 star version as well. 9 AP for 5 crits is insanely cheap (compared to Gamma Power Bomb at 15) and should be easily achievable on turn 0 with boosts and supports.

Vault is resettable too so expect to see players buy twice to get a pair of 270s and then they just need 300 more covers to ascend (very easy to get from opening token hoards, I could do it from mine).

KGB

Gamma Power Bomb is 14 ... This new IP's purple can also be "aimed" as it performs a pattern, like GSBW's Sniper Rifle.

The quotes on aimed are doing some heavy lifting lol. Good news is the AI should be terrible at this as if you pick a tile along the edge it will proc less crits. I purposely pick a corner tile and only got 1 crit.

The player can aim it, the AI will (usually) blow it, that's great news both ways... unless you're expecting amazing defense :D

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,350 Chairperson of the Boards

pair him with 4* professor x ascended to 5* for maximum hilarity i'm sure. I assume his crit star will mean match-5s every fire, with X creating 4 purple for every match 5 and doing 25k or so each with Big Head?

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

@JoeHandle said:

@Pantera236 said:

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

The player can aim it, the AI will (usually) blow it, that's great news both ways... unless you're expecting amazing defense :D

Far from player being able to aim it. You will definitely want to pick the center of the board but you are not placing crits by any means. And no, was not expecting amazing defense 🤦

• JoeHandle

@captainheath said:

@JoeHandle said:

@captainheath said:

3*, 3*, 4*

$10, $20, $50

Wow. Thanks. Too rich for me.

There is a 4* in his 80-item vault, if you have a pile of HP.

• JoeHandle

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    pair him with 4* professor x ascended to 5* for maximum hilarity i'm sure. I assume his crit star will mean match-5s every fire, with X creating 4 purple for every match 5 and doing 25k or so each with Big Head?

No, the crits are at the points of a pentagon, after a board shake. Possible match-5s ... possible.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,069 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    It might just be they didn't want to release a villain with Patriotic themes for Independence Day.

But the Americans are the villains of Independence Day aren't they?! >:)

Well...😀

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,373 Chairperson of the Boards

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

I just saw the ascended 3* and the purple power costs 10. Interesting that ascension is lowering his power costs at each tier. Wonder if that means his 5* purple is 7-8 AP?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 5 July 2024, 16:55

@JoeHandle said:

@Pantera236 said:

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

Some of the newer powers like this (I think Victor Mancha has one?) can't be ruined by the dumb AI like GSBW can. I'm pretty sure GSBW can center her pattern on, like, a corner tile and she'll only get a quarter of it.

With at least one newer character (I'm pretty sure it was one of the Victors), the power won't let you get any less than maximum destruction.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,337 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 4 July 2024, 21:10

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

Cost you up to 40k to get them

I don't think he's worth 40k

How many tokens give 300 covers

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,689 Chairperson of the Boards

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

For a two? If you can get two 4* versions with a vault reset, you've saved a tremendous amount of time and covers.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 5 July 2024, 03:29

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

There are 16 2 stars now and he'll make 17.

So you need 17x300=5100 2 stars to get roughly 300 of each. At 75% odds in Elite/Heroic that means 5100/.75=6800 tokens.

But, during his release he will be available at something like 15x odds which means roughly half the 2 star draws will be him in which case you need only 600 2 stars and at 75% odds in Elite/Heroic that means only 800 tokens. So if you are debating it, do it now while it only takes 800ish tokens along with 2 ascended 4s.

As for the HP needed, worst case is roughly 40K as you stated. But you have a 1/4 chance of getting it for 20K (both come in the first 40 tokens), 2/4 chance of getting it for 30K (one comes in the first 40 tokens, one comes in the 2nd 40 tokens) and 1/4 cost of 40K (both come in 2nd 40 tokens).

KGB

• JoeHandle
    edited 5 July 2024, 03:41

@KGB said:

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

So you need 17x300=5100 2 stars to get roughly 300 of each. At 75% odds in Elite/Heroic that means 5100/.75=6800 tokens.

But, during his release he will be available at something like 15x odds which means roughly half the 2 star draws will be him in which case you need only 600 2 stars and at 75% odds in Elite/Heroic that means only 800 tokens. So if you are debating it, do it now while it only takes 800ish tokens along with 2 ascended 4s.

As for the HP needed, worst case is roughly 40K as you stated. But you have a 1/4 chance of getting it for 20K (both come in the first 40 tokens), 2/4 chance of getting it for 30K (one comes in the first 40 tokens, one comes in the 2nd 40 tokens) and 1/4 cost of 40K (both come in 2nd 40 tokens).

KGB

Bagman isn't in tokens, so only 16x 2s in tokens counting Iron Patriot, so that helps .... a bit.

IP isn't at boosted odds in Heroics or Elites ... yet?

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

New guy is good with boosted Colossus and Chavez.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards

@JoeHandle said:

@KGB said:

@slidecage said:

@KGB said:

@DAZ0273 said:

KGB

KGB

Bagman isn't in tokens, so only 16x 2s in tokens counting Iron Patriot, so that helps .... a bit.

IP isn't at boosted odds in Heroics or Elites ... yet?

I’m almost certain they haven’t offered the new 2 at boosted odds in the normal tokens. (Maybe a future release when we get into the territory of 30 2s.)

Your odds of getting him when getting a 3 are about 6.25%. Vs a new 3 with unboosted odds would be 1.45%. So you can see why they would boost the new 3.

It DOES behoove one to pull tokens if you want Iron Patriot now and for the foreseeable future before they introduce a new 2 in 2 months and dilute the odds to 5.88%.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

4* ascended version lowers cost of Purple to 9. Doing well with boosted 5* Kaine and Storm.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,337 Chairperson of the Boards

Anyone know the levels of this chain store is it worth it