• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 398 Mover and Shaker

@slidecage said:
    Anyone know the levels of this chain store is it worth it

Same as last couple 2s ...

3* ... $10
    3* ... $20 (has more other stuff)
    4* ... $50

All three and several hundred covers gets you a 5* ! Wheeeee.

There's also the 4* in the vault.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker

Just noticed that Red Guardian does not have shieldbearer affliation.

• JoeHandle
    edited 6 July 2024, 15:32

@Bzhai said:
    Just noticed that Red Guardian does not have shieldbearer affliation.

Neither does Taskmaster ... or 3Peggy .... or the Black Knight. Appears to be limited to Captain America variations.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 July 2024, 17:05

Well, there's only one Captain America's shield which was created through some magic process that can never be replicated.

So from that point of view maybe its the people carrying The True Shield.

But.....Cap Infinity War has those double shield-ish things on his arms.....and 3 Cap has the energy shield he used when the True Shield was lost, or someone else had it, or something. Maybe both?

Grrr, logic fails again.

I still kind of want Bucky Cap in the game.

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 93 Match Maker

5* Ascended Purple costs 12AP (reported elsewhere).

• JoeHandle

@bluewolf said:
    Well, there's only one Captain America's shield which was created through some magic process that can never be replicated.

So from that point of view maybe its the people carrying The True Shield.

But.....Cap Infinity War has those double shield-ish things on his arms.....and 3 Cap has the energy shield he used when the True Shield was lost, or someone else had it, or something. Maybe both?

Grrr, logic fails again.

I still kind of want Bucky Cap in the game.

Well .... maaaayyyyybe it's "Steve Rogers and People that have taken over carrying The Shield for/from Steve Rogers (except that Super Patriot guy who isn't in the game anyway)"

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker

All I can see in that picture is way too many variants of a character that not 1 of them is good. I thought people liked Captain as a comic / movie character? I personally think he is lame, but surprised he doesn't have a stronger variant somewhere.

• WhiteBomber

4 star patriot seems ok though, shame about the 5 star nerf.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,682 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 July 2024, 19:40

@WhiteBomber said:
    All I can see in that picture is way too many variants of a character that not 1 of them is good. I thought people liked Captain as a comic / movie character? I personally think he is lame, but surprised he doesn't have a stronger variant somewhere.

I am a big Cap fan (I have a bust, a Funko mini, a glass, a Hot Wheels car, a calendar he is featured on for July, a shield fidget spinner, all about 10 feet away from me) and am often disappointed by the Caps we have.

We did have broken Worthy at one point, who now is just unWorthy.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,561 Chairperson of the Boards

5* Civil War Cap is very strong after his buff.

Too bad nobody has him. Mine is 550 and he's pretty close to being usable unboosted.

• WhiteBomber

@entrailbucket said:

Too bad nobody has him. Mine is 550 and he's pretty close to being usable unboosted.

Is Infinity War the Civil War? If not, I'm not sure which one you're talkin about. Either way though, I looked at both the 550 5 stars and "First Avenger" seemed better than the other. They both looked kinda poopy too, I would just expect more from someone I thought was a fan fav, but that can be said for many characters in this game (Spidey, not counting the 1star variant now ascending like a pro)

• entrailbucket

@WhiteBomber said:

@entrailbucket said:

Is Infinity War the Civil War? If not, I'm not sure which one you're talkin about. Either way though, I looked at both the 550 5 stars and "First Avenger" seemed better than the other. They both looked kinda poopy too, I would just expect more from someone I thought was a fan fav, but that can be said for many characters in this game (Spidey, not counting the 1star variant now ascending like a pro)

First Avenger. He has modern HP and match damage and his powers all hit very hard, since his buff. 10/7/7 AP is probably just a bit too high for today's passive metagame, or he'd be usable unboosted.

Infinity War Cap is very bad.

• JoeHandle
    edited 9 July 2024, 00:51

@WhiteBomber said:

@entrailbucket said:

After the rework, first avenger Cap is quite strong! For years he was one of my highest 5s, luck of the draw. Finally reworked, was quite a redemption.

In the hand early days I used 2cap and 3cap a lot. Cap red used to be the most popular power in the game .... 8+ years ago.

The "problem" with all the caps, even Peggy, is that they are old, left behind, in need of update.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,689 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@WhiteBomber said:

@entrailbucket said:

First Avenger. He has modern HP and match damage and his powers all hit very hard, since his buff. 10/7/7 AP is probably just a bit too high for today's passive metagame, or he'd be usable unboosted.

No question, he's bad. But remember the 1v1 PvPs they used to run? His red was fun during those.

• entrailbucket

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@WhiteBomber said:

@entrailbucket said:

No question, he's bad. But remember the 1v1 PvPs they used to run? His red was fun during those.

His red is still kinda fun in 1v1 fights! We had some during a boss event not too long ago and I used him.

His problem is that they burned a ton of his power budget on that yellow that's an effect that kinda has to cost that much, but is useless because it costs that much. His purple power was meant as a halfthor counter, I think -- it didn't work for that and now it just sorta doesn't do anything useful.

• WhiteBomber
    edited 9 July 2024, 18:25

On a more positive note, the more successful Capt. America (this 4 star Iron Patriot America) is delivering some of the most fun I've had in PVP. Really it, just the pink of course, and his teammates.

• 5 star Colossus (because of course) + Fantasticar
    • 4 star DarkVeil? (I forget his name) 5,5,3 + Krakoa
    • Free Iron Patriot

Kill the weakest character first.
    Dark always starts with enough yella to cast his countdown (do this).
    Col makes every match triggering the car gathering teamup. You should have enough teamup from funcar to send both characters away when they try to hit you.
    Keep throwing Dark yella and blue to gather much AP while also funcar funtimes.
    Throw Irons pink when they return from away (sometimes you can do this while the car is still active and oh boy what a hoot).

So far this has been killing some strong teams and oddly enough still somehow getting wins on defense, either way, what a fun time. Thank you supports in PVP.

• entrailbucket

Darkveil is incredibly strong and very underrated, somehow (probably because the character is obscure and/or...well...insert your own word here). I would choose to fight many, many trolly, obnoxious teams over Darkveil + almost anyone.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker

Running him with Polaris and BRB at the moment and that’s working out pretty great. His purple is excellent.

• JoeHandle

@Jinx said:
    Running him with Polaris and BRB at the moment and that’s working out pretty great. His purple is excellent.

That is a nice addition, as that teams always needs a use for purple. A purple use that is synergistic, even better! He also brings them a use for red, which will be buffed by Polaris' tiles.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,157 Chairperson of the Boards

@JoeHandle said:

@Jinx said:

That is a nice addition, as that teams always needs a use for purple. A purple use that is synergistic, even better! He also brings them a use for red, which will be buffed by Polaris' tiles.

I ran the same team. Hit 900 points at 28 wins effortlessly without a single health pack needed. Only downside was that the enemy teams were dying so fast that I didn't complete a single one of his 20 powers fired quests (all of them ended around 16 or so). Not sure it's worth bothering fighting more battles just for 2 star covers given I'll get endless amounts of them in tokens. Wish the 4 star ascended was easier to get than the 80 item vault.

KGB