Storm (Ororo Munroe) 5* - Rebalance & New 3-Star Storm (Mohawk) Costume

Options
2»

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,175 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’m really hoping her Yellow still costing 9 AP in-game is an error, and we’ll get a data push to correct it to 7AP. If not…that’s a notable nerf to her hitherto best power.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Don’t worry folks. These mistakes have no bearing on how supports in PvP will go.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 June 2024, 17:09
    Options

Why the heck is the costume for the 3* version?! What a rip. I thought it was for the 5*, since she got the rebalance.

• nah270
    nah270 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

So the rebalance is for 5* but the costume is for 3*? Kinda disappointing.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 502 Critical Contributor
    Options

Fixed a few issues.

1. Storm's yellow is still 9AP and not 7AP so that's an error in our dev notes. The 7 was inadvertently mentioned cause of the +2AP gained from firing it, but the cost should've stayed at 9AP.

2. The Hellfire Gala costume is for 3-Star Storm (Mohawk) and NOT for 5-Star Storm (Ororo Munroe)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,184 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

She'll be usable when boosted, only because she now has adequate health and match damage.

That's the standard they're aiming for. The problem is that a few characters far exceed that standard, and make everyone else look awful in comparison.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    edited 20 June 2024, 19:14
    Options

Yeah, I've had Sinister favorited since his rework, this one now makes me very sad since I wanted her to be good. Can't have Storm running amok with that 7ap yellow though... :disappointed:

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@S0kun said:
    Fixed a few issues.

1. Storm's yellow is still 9AP and not 7AP so that's an error in our dev notes. The 7 was inadvertently mentioned cause of the +2AP gained from firing it, but the cost should've stayed at 9AP.

2. The Hellfire Gala costume is for 3-Star Storm (Mohawk) and NOT for 5-Star Storm (Ororo Munroe)

What’s the point of these announcement posts if there are such big errors in them? I understand you’re just the messenger, and I am sure this is frustrating for you as well, but please try to do better as a whole. This is disappointing.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,175 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 21 June 2024, 02:31
    Options

@S0kun said:
    Fixed a few issues.

Y’all might as well have put her Green at 7 AP too. Very disappointing.

I do appreciate the numbers buff, and it probably means she’s generally just that bit better than 1asc5 Storm, ceteris paribus. But yes, in a time where Jane shakes the board passively every turn (please fellow forumites don’t turn this into yet another Jane thread), Shang can go winfinite by himself, Omega does passive AoE every turn that’s unaffected by stuns, and many other great mechanics (especially now with ascended 4s), this rework is a bit of a letdown. There have been numerous good reworks that didn’t break the character; see Kingpin, FirstCap, Sinister, Strange, Magneto, Magik, Yellowjacket, Moon Knight. Reducing the cost of Storm’s Green and Yellow to 7 or even 6 AP wouldn’t have broken her at all.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So wait...3* Storm (Mohawk) is getting a costume overlay where she doesn't have a mohawk? Isn't that sort of like giving Alligator Loki a costume except now they are a hamster?

Could just be me.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 990 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    So wait...3* Storm (Mohawk) is getting a costume overlay where she doesn't have a mohawk? Isn't that sort of like giving Alligator Loki a costume except now they are a hamster?

Could just be me.

Patch got a Hellfire costume sans eyepatch...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,843 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Could just be me.

I mean of all places I could see you having an eyepatch it would be the Hellfire Club, it could have been all sparkly!

Mind you as Patch never really NEEDED his patch they could have just called him Wolverine (Nobody is fooled).

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 990 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Could just be me.

I mean of all places I could see you having an eyepatch it would be the Hellfire Club, it could have been all sparkly!

Mind you as Patch never really NEEDED his patch they could have just called him Wolverine (Nobody is fooled).

Would you want to tell the immortal with unbreakable bones, claws, and a legendary temper that his costume wasn't fooling anyone? I wouldn't!

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    But!…. This rebalance is really what a LOT of the older characters DESPERATELY need. Just a rebalance like this to Spider Man BiB, Cable, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, and Knull would GREATLY up their usage in my roster.

I agree completely with your list of 5* who should be priorities for a rebalance. For me, Jessica Jones is the top of the list. Years ago when I started playing, she felt like such a powerhouse, but she's been left in the dust. But I do love the bonkers-ness of her powers, like when she downs Galactus by throwing him through a window, or when she downs a robot by taking embarrassing photos of it.

• Shockandawesome
    Shockandawesome Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

Just came here to say if that costume was for the 5* version of Storm I would have bought it in a second. Since I don't use 3* it's a bit of a bummer.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options

Visualize along with me please:
    A saddened, very hungry Ororo Munroe, sits outside of a restaurant in the rain, gazing in at MThor and Omega Red as they gorge. A sign in the window "all you can eat 9ap!", Storm has but 7ap. The one true Goddess of the clouds (MThor) sees this, "I thought we told you, your kind doesn't belong here!" as she uses Munroes own sad black passive against her. Munroe, is nomororo.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,519 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WhiteBomber said:
    Visualize along with me please:
    A saddened, very hungry Ororo Munroe, sits outside of a restaurant in the rain, gazing in at MThor and Omega Red as they gorge. A sign in the window "all you can eat 9ap!", Storm has but 7ap. The one true Goddess of the clouds (MThor) sees this, "I thought we told you, your kind doesn't belong here!" as she uses Munroes own sad black passive against her. Munroe, is nomororo.

Black Bolt quietly puts his arm around her as they both sail off in the same boat. :D