MMR Hell

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    This is seriously sucking a lot of fun out of the game for me. Every PvP event I go into, every match it gives me has AT LEAST 1 character over 120. Usually at least 2. And it's getting harder and harder to find a "fair" match. The highest level characters I have are maxed 2-Stars. Why do I get punished for the few, rare times I managed to do well in an Event? It's seriously like it's just a way to make sure the transition from 2* to 3* characters is as impossible as it can be.

It just feels like the thought of "What's the point in playing, you'll never be able to make the transition" keeps popping into my head.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My first month playing the game I maxed a few 1*'s and started on my 2*'s. The second month I played I maxed a few 2*'s and started on 3*'s. It was another 2-3 months until I leveled my first 3* to a 141. I am on day 180+ and have three maxed 3*'s and am lacking covers for my other 3*'s.

The game starts you off really fast and you progress at an amazing speed... and then BLAMO!!! You hit a wall and you will be fighting an up hill battle for the remainder of the game. Even though I have three maxed 3*s I continuously have to fight and grind to get top 50. This last match (Black Panther) I would fight three or four battles and then have to wait for my health packs to replenish. I hardly broke 500 points (needed for my alliance) and then shield.

The game gets much much harder the longer you play... and that's how they have designed it.

Best of luck to you all and I hope you get some three stars maxed out soon... but know that it will not necessarily make it easy again.

Edit* Oh and just to let you know it did not take me this long to get where I am at because I don't play... I'm a **** addict. I play around 30-40+ matches a day (at least).
  • Unknown
    Options
    My situation is the same, fighting 212 141 414 for 30 points or less is not fun, not rewarding, Im not burnout, I dont want to quit, but I dont know what to do either. I don't know if everything is in the same boat as I see other people playing fine, I cant do enough points now, my guild is about to expel me or already kicke dme out who knows, is really hard to do 1000 points as I used to not long ago.

It sucks as I really like playing this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    Your MMR hell comes from those 10-15 PvP places and top 3 in your alliance kind of scores. If you keep winning without taking losses, either on offence or defence then your MMR will keep on climbing until you hit ppl with high level rosters. Most of the ppl who post about MMR hell are guys (or girls) who have over reached in pvp with their 2* rosters and never done anything to mitigate their success (tanked).

I may not be a bigtime game Designer but I can identify bad design. Having to lose on purpose should never ever be a thing. Do lost defenses matter? Because I certainly get hit all the time and even missed out on even a single Magneto Cover due to a -390 hit in the last 50 minutes or so of the event.
    Toxicadam wrote:
    sorcered wrote:
    The real issue is that reaching top 50 in these brackets requires at least 700 points, which can't be done without minimal shield hopping. It's disheartening to see a top ten filled with members of SHIELD, Django etc when all you have is a single maxed hero and they have at least 4 (meaning they can just switch teams and keep climbing the ladder).

I think you're off a bit. In my experience, you can join an event in the last 5-8 hours and score 500'ish and pretty easily make top 50 (you might have to shield though). Teh top ten is usually still in the 800-1000 range, but places 11-50 are a lot softer than the brackets you find if you join on day one.

Thats quite cute. I have only 2* and my nextbest 3* has 8 or so covers. Currently shielded at 30th place with 800 points. Genuinely fear i might not get a LThor Cover. Doesn't even matter when I join.

The game seems to think I can compete with 212 141 141 teams. Brackets are fully shielded up to 30 from day 1 on. Then there are brackets where you win with 650 Points.
    I don't know how many people play and how many brackets there are but they should be distributed more evenly. I Imagine people with LVL 120 Roster might want to crush some 85s instead of getting paired up with 141s all the time.

I'm glad finals are coming up and I have a reason to skip the next season and collect the fat loot the season after.

Challenge is fun. Struggle is not.

(I wish tanking was a thing, but one also has to keep the Spot in the Seasonal Ranking. Can't blow off a Tournament and risk dropping out of the top5)