Nightcrawler rebalance

Options
2»

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

Does this make him on par with newer 4 stars? I'll leave it to you guys but I would say nope.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    Does this make him on par with newer 4 stars? I'll leave it to you guys but I would say nope.

He absolutely requires player use to be truly effective since his purple requires careful timing to be useful for you. Newer 4s are mostly better than him. (No passive beyond avoiding aoe).

That said rebalancing often results in a slight slide up the power ranking at best.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Um.
    With underwhelming stuff like that I really don't see why we can't have 5+ like that every month.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you want a fun Nightcrawler team, use him with Sersi and 4* professor X (ascended or not). Swap Sersi for Onslaught or Domino. Basically just go infinite by creating purple on every match 5 regardless of color and X will do his big head thing, which is about 20k if yours is ascended.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My Kurt is ascended. The damage added to his purple is so low, it’s pretty borderline unnecessary. I suppose if teamed with a damage booster like Apoc (which is entirely possible) it would matter.

I need to test the blue but I like it on face value. Deal damage for each AP in enemy’s strongest color AND steal from that color. The power only costs 6AP. Easy to abuse.

Red got a BIG damage bump. I’m gonna test to see if the game gives both the normal damage and the 10+ AP damage. Sometimes the game misses stuff like that and you get stupid extra damage off powers (like with Kate Bishop).

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Bamf no longer tells you the most prevalent color on the board in the description. @DevpoolMPQ_BCS any way we can get that put back in? it seems like the minimal damage being done by the power is in that spot with the bolded text for some reason.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

So what are you guys going with? 3/5/5 or 5/3/5.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Bamf no longer tells you the most prevalent color on the board in the description. @DevpoolMPQ_BCS any way we can get that put back in? it seems like the minimal damage being done by the power is in that spot with the bolded text for some reason.

On Discord he said that tonight’s patch will fix this issue.

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Jinx said:
    So what are you guys going with? 3/5/5 or 5/3/5.

Definitely not 3/5/5 :D

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@rainkingucd said:
    @ThisisClemFandango ha, I will spoil the surprise

the 5* ascended version I can't speak to damage numbers because I don't remember before but the changes I see are:

Purple: Same cost / same conversion / same passive / new - deals damage (my 451 deals 2691, so not a lot)
    Red: Same cost / same AP threshold. Assume a damage bump but no idea - 28K or 43K with 10AP in strogest
    Blue: Reduced to 6 / now steals up to 4 AP in the strongest colour. Deals 2300 per AP in strongest colour

Luckily I recorded the numbers! Here you go https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68411/nightcrawler-classic-updated-1-4-19#latest

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

After reviewing all evidence put before me today, I feel I am able to offer my insight on nightcrawlers rebalance weighing up his damage increase and reduced Ap cost.
    My review is

Meh.

Thank you I shall not be elaborating at this current stage. No further questions.