Nightcrawler rebalance

Options

According to the update notes 4* Kurt is getting a rebalance
But Clem, I hear you cry, what is this rebalance? Does it bring him in league with the top 4 stars?, shouldn't bcs be more on top of their communication?

I have no answers to any of this.

Another top quality discussion from your friendly neighbourhood forum idiot.

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hope they don't get rid of his purple power. Very helpful when we have quests to destroy a gazillion tiles of one color.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Waddles_Pines said:
    I hope they don't get rid of his purple power. Very helpful when we have quests to destroy a gazillion tiles of one color.

Considering the new 2*'s purple, they might add damage to it, but they probably won't drastically change it.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 28 February 2024, 01:00
    Options

I'm reminded of when they nerfed C5rol so the one and only thing she did well didn't work anymore.

In fairness, I think that was the previous dev team.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hopefully all they really do is make his dmg powers cheaper and maybe tweak the numbers. 9 and 12 ap really doesn’t fit with a nimble acrobatic character.

He’s one of my two current ascended 4s…:would be nice if he got more useful.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I love his purple with ascended 4* professor X, hopefully they just give him a better red, that’s always been his dump stat for me.

• SuperCarrot
    SuperCarrot Posts: 171 Tile Toppler
    Options

They did a great rework on Dark Beast (this is sarcasm)

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't think I'd have picked Nightcrawler, but I assume they're just going by lowest usage. In general these reworks are actual buffs, so I'll take whatever we can get, especially since everyone is a 5* now and everyone is relevant.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The real question is: does the rebalance affect 4* Nightcrawler, or Ascended Nightcrawler too? They are technically different characters now (a la Coulson's ascension stats) so maybe they buff one and not the other

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

@rainkingucd said:
    The real question is: does the rebalance affect 4* Nightcrawler, or Ascended Nightcrawler too? They are technically different characters now (a la Coulson's ascension stats) so maybe they buff one and not the other

This is my question. Which nightcrawler .... ? It's not unusual for a new char to get a quick tuneup after the real test, some time in the wild.

That said, specifically said 4* NC certainly refers to the "old", native-4* NC.

Should have had that rework coincide with the new release tho, no?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

@rainkingucd said:

I’ve ascended mine, so this would indeed be the question on my mind as well.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,975 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Please rename the 'Everywhere at Once' power to 'Here, There, Everywhere' :)

KGB

• entrailbucket
    Options

@SuperCarrot said:
    They did a great rework on Dark Beast (this is sarcasm)

The reworked Dark Beast is crazy strong as a 5*. His match damage boost gets insane fast, and his protect tiles will fill up the board.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

You think that’s a happy accident or was the rework preparing him to ascend?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    You think that’s a happy accident or was the rework preparing him to ascend?

I dunno, their blurb about the rework had to do with making him a more usable character for 4*-tier players, so I think it's an accident, sorta? I don't think they did it with ascension in mind.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    Options

Rebalance is up, I won't spoil the surprise

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

Only difference I see is lower AP cost on red and blue. Almost have him ready to ascend. Maybe the ascended version could team with ascended Chavez and Hunter for a match damage team.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango ha, I will spoil the surprise

the 5* ascended version I can't speak to damage numbers because I don't remember before but the changes I see are:

Purple: Same cost / same conversion / same passive / new - deals damage (my 451 deals 2691, so not a lot)
    Red: Same cost / same AP threshold. Assume a damage bump but no idea - 28K or 43K with 10AP in strogest
    Blue: Reduced to 6 / now steals up to 4 AP in the strongest colour. Deals 2300 per AP in strongest colour

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 February 2024, 11:47
    Options

Overall….yes the blue needed to be a lot cheaper but basically he’s the same? I guess stealing 4 ap for 6ap is good, so now he’s probably a 5/3/5 vs a 5/5/3.

Glad the purple is better with dmg.

Not sure if any dmg/ap went up or down in red or blue.

He’s probably a bit better with a cheaper power and if you steal blue or purple with his blue, he can self accelerate pretty nicely.

Not meta, not even high tier necessarily. Still fun. No longer someone you bring for only one reason, the blue is decent against the right team.