pull LL
pull 50,000 iso
pull hawkeye

Feb 18 vault 5 star electro
Pure pass

19 thano I think
20 shards. Both passes

saved for others

edit. these basic lighting vaults kind of suck compair to the asend.

thank

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 18 February 2024, 16:14
    Options

These suck.
    Only buy ascended 1 to 5*s.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    These suck.

really not buying them just using HP . if you have tons of HP wouldnt these be a good buy. if you got another one close to mergering to 5 star

• JoeHandle
    JoeHandle Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    edited 18 February 2024, 18:38
    Options

Hi, Slidecage, I hope you're having a good day.

If you like to gamble, it's a 50/50 as to whether you can single pull your way to the Big Prize (2HE4, in this case) for less than 6K HP. There's a 10% chance you'll pay 6K anyway. But a 40% you'll bust and have to spend more to get him to drop.

The people I see discussing buying these regularly just pay the 6K.

If you hit enough of these, over time, it would regress to the mean, and your average spend would be ... around 6K.

Maxchamp a 246 before adding levels to a 270 ... personal preference? doesn't matter? Those last 20 levels (40 covers) are worth 22K iso, 350HP, 23CP, 2LT, and a mighty. You can claim those now or later, or skip it, if you'd rather put those 40 covers toward richer rewards.

If you do finish it, get it to 266, it won't show up as a chara you can add covers to, which irritates me, so there's a very narrow reason to not finish it first :D

Haven't seen a 2Storm4 offered lately in a vault. There was once recently for $25.

Yes, if you can buy a 270, you could merge it with your 370 and get right to 450. Or spend 3 covers on it, get the first LT, then merge it, and be at 451 and one LT richer.

• Bowgentle
    edited 18 February 2024, 17:57
    Options

@slidecage said:

@Bowgentle said:
    These suck.

really not buying them just using HP . if you have tons of HP wouldnt these be a good buy. if you got another one close to mergering to 5 star

I have tons of HP.
    My first ascended 2 to 4s are nearing 370.
    They are all so bad I have no intention of accelerating their way to 5*.
    Covers don't drop fast enough to make the 5* rewards come fast enough.

Ascended 1s are a special case.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options

Was this the first time the 2-4 was offered for hp? I bought the Hawkeye one. If I can get another for 6k hp, it’s way plus on value, and I’ll do those every time they’re offered to get them into 5* rewards rather than go through the rigamarole of taking 2s up level by level

• Bowgentle
    edited 18 February 2024, 18:29
    Options

You're basically paying 1/3 of a Stark in HP.
    I'm not sure it's a plus in value.
    I think the previous cash offers for 2 to 4 were also 1/3 of a Stark.

• JoeHandle
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    You're basically paying 1/3 of a Stark in HP.
    I'm not sure it's a plus in value.
    I think the previous cash offers for 2 to 4 were also 1/3 of a Stark.

They were $25.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Quarter of a Stark then... So the 6k HP are slightly more expensive, but you get some other stuff from the vault, too.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@slidecage said:

@Bowgentle said:
    These suck.

I have tons of HP.
    My first ascended 2 to 4s are nearing 370.
    They are all so bad I have no intention of accelerating their way to 5*.

I'm not sure about this. I posted 5* Ares's boosted numbers in another thread. I don't think any of the 2->5* are good enough to use unboosted, but when boosted they seem like they'll be solid options.

That said, Ares is the only one I've got at that level, because he was in the 1* vault. So who knows!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,421 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think I have only seen 1 lightning vault that was worth it to me. I got it but I don't even remember what was in it. It was one of the first that was offered.

Honestly, just save up the HP for holiday vaults that always seem to be much much better.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's interesting that so many offers (vaults) seem to be repeating. I missed a bunch of things as I wasn't playing for 3 years, but apparently much of what we are seeing in game right now is things we saw before.

These lightning vaults are repeats from around November or so, if I recall. The earliest lightning vaults during Anniversary had full Rank 5 supports that made them worth buying but these aren't as good.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I think I have only seen 1 lightning vault that was worth it to me. I got it but I don't even remember what was in it. It was one of the first that was offered.

Honestly, just save up the HP for holiday vaults that always seem to be much much better.

The 5* Support lightning vaults might have been the best of them if you were missing an important one; Before support sharding they definitely were and if they were to return I'd say they still are in many cases.

• JoeHandle
    edited 19 February 2024, 06:29
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

The 1>5s were also offered for cash. To me, HP is cash, cause I'm a middling degenerate spender.

To a F2P or near F2P player, who has saved up HP over the years via modest play, it's a different valuation. This HP offer may be more attractive than a cash offer. Esp if they have limited other use for the HP.

Yes, yes, save for vaults, save for vaults. :D

@Bowgentle said:

Really? I get roughly the same # of 1* covers per unit of time as 2* covers, overall. Ofc, there are a few more 2s so that translates into a bit fewer levels for each. The 1s I have ascended to 5* are gaining not quite a level a day; I don't have any 2s up there (yet), but they would add a level every other day.

But slow progress can also be an argument for buying this one, unless you're tight on HP. If the covers are slow, the hundreds of covers this represents, for "only" 6K HP, is quite a leap forward! No, not instantly into 5 land, but nearly a third of the way their, and a ticket to a trip through the 4* reward cycle, if you don't already have a copy going through the 4* levels.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options

I bought the electro one.

At this point, Electro is one of my most used characters in PVP (Wong/Crystal/Electro vs ihulk/omega red etc. Gorr/Okoye/Electro vs a 5Jugs4/Polaris/rocket). getting her levels up to minimize AOE is probably a good idea.

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    edited 19 February 2024, 14:53
    Options

I bought the 2>4 Hawkeye, as I have done Storm and Magneto previously (coincidentally my go-to 2* team) - seems a solid proposition to me, as they eventually yield 4k HP on top of all the other champ & vault rewards.

Plus, while I have ascended my other 2s to 3, not sure I'll ever have the dedication to get any to 5 naturally; these 4s at least bring the finish line into sight, and if they ever repeat then I'll just buy a second 4 for an even greater shortcut!

N.B. For context, I'm an ancient player who keeps the purchase bonus active & doesn't PvP much, so HP has no value for me beyond vaults.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@dianetics said:

The 5* Support lightning vaults might have been the best of them if you were missing an important one; Before support sharding they definitely were and if they were to return I'd say they still are in many cases.

I don't think we will see the 5* support lightning vaults until anniversary again. Recently they changed to support shard lightning vaults which were a very poor replacement for them. And also confusing to purchase, as some iterations of it did not work or unclear what rewards you would be getting. It is likely we will see one of these over the next couple days.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Codex said:

@Timemachinego said:

@dianetics said:

I don't think we will see the 5* support lightning vaults until anniversary again. Recently they changed to support shard lightning vaults which were a very poor replacement for them. And also confusing to purchase, as some iterations of it did not work or unclear what rewards you would be getting. It is likely we will see one of these over the next couple days.

This exactly! I don't mind getting support shards, but is not very clear on what rewards you actually get. especially if you have the fully leveled 5* version. For the most part, I trust in their accuracy, but I cann't tell if I getting the right amount of wild cards shards.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 February 2024, 00:07
    Options

Today I got the Lightning vault as I could use all the contents. The Carol Communicator (R5 for me) shards converted at 2:1 to my favorite (RTF) so I got 100 there.

All others worked as expected so I got 400 shards total for it.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Need a lightning vault with all 10 being roster slots.

• Bowgentle
    edited 20 February 2024, 06:10
    Options

@NMANOZ1 said:
    Need a lightning vault with all 10 being roster slots.

No we don't.
    After the Christmas vaults, a lot of people have 100+ empty slots.
    I have 126.