Ascended Retro Rewards Policy

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
edited 8 February 2024, 17:25 in MPQ General Discussion

As seen in the most recent retro feeder changes, we've been asking players who had affected ascended characters to contact our CS team to receive retro rewards during a specific time frame. Moving forward, in lieu of reaching out to CS, we've devised a solution that is significantly more efficient for everyone so please find our new Ascended Retro Rewards Policy below.

Ascended Retro Rewards Policy
If an ascendable character is flagged for an upcoming feeder change, players who have already ascended them will no longer need to contact our customer service team to be eligible to receive retro rewards. Simply log into Marvel Puzzle Quest during the first 7 DAYS of a feeder change and your account will automatically be credited rewards based on their ascension level. After this 7 day period, ascended characters will no longer be eligible for retro rewards.

Our aim of this amended policy is to avoid deterring players from using the Champions 2.0 feature so characters who currently do not have feeders will also benefit from retro rewards in the future should they already be ascended.

Comments

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options

Does this mean I can finally ascend Rocket and Red Hulk without fear of losing retro awards? I think, yes?

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

@S0kun will all Ascended characters be credited the same as a single Max Champ, regardless of original or current tier?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,967 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't see anybody complaining. I've said from day 1 that they'd never actually enforce this "policy" -- I've got no idea why they even bothered announcing it at all.

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options

I’m still waiting on retro hex23 covers and shards after submitting a cs ticket on the first day we were told to

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Omegased said:
    to be fair - it wasn't made because they hate players, it was made because they didn't have a way to do it automatically.

Complaining that they've lifted a policy they didn't want to put in place (but had to because of tech limitations) by fixing the problem seems a little silly.

Is this directed at me? I just said that I'm not surprised. That isn't complaining.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I mean no one should be shocked they’ve fixed this and thus are removing the policy. Since this was never intended and you know, they TOLD us they were going to fix it.

What I am shocked by is the speed with which they found a solution. I don’t think anyone had today on their bingo board.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Thank you!
    That was a lot faster than expected.

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options

@S0kun Does this also apply if the character is not yet a feeder?

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thank you, Devs! This is much appreciated, and I can finally ascend my 4*s now.

• CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

Good to know! Thanks for this update.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,071 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

New system is a great fix. I appreciate the quick solution.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Unqualified thank you for working this out. This is very player facing.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I be lucky to move a 4 star into 5 star land by the year 2050. I don't think I have a single 4 star max.. people mudt really been playimg hard core to got that many 4

I don't think I even have a 3 star high enough to merge

so no worries here

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'd be very curious to see how much compensation we're getting for ascended characters (i.e. is it 6 because we "burned" the other champ, or up to 12 depending on level?) but so long as there's something I'm definitely going to ascend 4*s that I will actually use.

Anyone? Gertrude is pretty new (I had her in the 320s myself,) so there may be very few players who had more than one max champ...

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    I be lucky to move a 4 star into 5 star land by the year 2050. I don't think I have a single 4 star max.. people mudt really been playimg hard core to got that many 4

so no worries here

It helps to be on Day 2922 I guess; I'm not max-maxing my 4s to ascend them, just 3 and under, which also gets them ascended more quickly.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

I also got Ultron shards along with the Victor Mancha shards. Is that new? I can't remember if they awarded secondary feeder shards in these types of scenarios.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 8 February 2024, 15:15
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@slidecage said:

so no worries here

It helps to be on Day 2922 I guess; I'm not max-maxing my 4s to ascend them, just 3 and under, which also gets them ascended more quickly.

I need to double check when I get home I think I'm day 3700 i got tons of 3 max but not a second to assend. Then again I was at the 300 slot cap and sold off tons of covers. And probably last 3 to 4 years mostly only did pve. 3 easy nodes. So have not played hard core for years.

I don't think I got a single 4 star at Max but need to check

I got Ultron shards as well