MPQ Developer Q&A January 2024 (QUESTIONS)

Options

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As as T100 to 200 Player I don’t earn many standard tokens compared to for example heroics. Can you add the standard token reward to the higher placings please?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Tony forgot to mention:

"Also please make 1* Juggernaut limited!" so I am helping him out here! 😉

• ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options

This is more of a minor annoyance but…

Given that these here official game forums have a functional poll option, why are all of the community polls ran through Google Docs forms? I imagine I am not the only one who would like to participate without needing a Google account…

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,348 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 20:03
    Options

@ProfShoehorn said:
    This is more of a minor annoyance but…

Given that these here official game forums have a functional poll option, why are all of the community polls ran through Google Docs forms? I imagine I am not the only one who would like to participate without needing a Google account…

Presumably because they publicize the polls on various social media platforms and will have an easier time getting people to participate if they just go directly to the poll from there vs directing here, where you probably need a login to participate in polls. Also it's not anonymous here.

Also not sure how well tools work here for results that you can easily export vs having to view on the page.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,051 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 24 January 2024, 20:12
    Options

With 1 stars now being able to upgraded to 5 stars. Any chance we will be able to put a support on a 1 star

• ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options

@bluewolf said:

Presumably because they publicize the polls on various social media platforms and will have an easier time getting people to participate if they just go directly to the poll from there vs directing here, where you probably need a login to participate in polls. Also it's not anonymous here.

Also not sure how well tools work here for results that you can easily export vs having to view on the page.

Second argument is fair enough. Would be nice to have the reason explained at the very least.

First argument is not, as I am stopped every time I open the Form by a log in prompt for an account I don’t have.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Do you have plans to communicate the plans you are planning to plan for this year?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,348 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ProfShoehorn said:

@bluewolf said:

Second argument is fair enough. Would be nice to have the reason explained at the very least.

First argument is not, as I am stopped every time I open the Form by a log in prompt for an account I don’t have.

Fair point on not having or wanting a Google account, but the number of players with one vs a forum account is probably a factor of hundreds or thousands.

• ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

Any chance standard tokens will ever be able to purchased again for iso-8 like they used to?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,032 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 25 January 2024, 04:10
    Options

@slidecage said:
    With 1 stars now being able to upgraded to 5 stars. Any chance we will be able to put a support on a 1 star

You can put supports on 1 stars after you ascend them high enough. I have a support on my ascended 1 star spider man.

Unless you mean put supports on them while they are still 1 star, which I don't know why you'd want to do that.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@slidecage said:

You can put supports on 1 stars after you ascend them high enough. I have a support on my ascended 1 star spider man.

Unless you mean put supports on them while they are still 1 star, which I don't know why you'd want to do that.

It would speed up the DDQ node?

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Chasm’s rebalance has left another meta character to hover around “niche” to “trash” tier. Outside of quelling overuse and pushback since his release, what was the intended purpose of his new diametrically opposing kit? Given his status, any thoughts?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 25 January 2024, 18:15
    Options

Is there any way to choose the option to default covers to the highest possible level of that character? When there are multiple characters on my roster from ascending and at the same star level, what used to take one click to add a cover now takes four. It would be great to have some way to just indicate to please apply all covers of this character to the highest levelled character.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options

There was unofficial talk about 5* Peggy being looked at again. Is there anything more official if she's going to get a rework? Or more of a small tweak like Magik? Or...?

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Sent via Google form:

Would you consider adding new quests to the daily rotation, and perhaps making "win 1 versus mission" non-mandatory? Perhaps "Make 10 match-4s" or "Make 5 match-5s" or use some of the 12 days "Win x matches with an Avenger on your team" would be nice.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    edited 30 January 2024, 16:42
    Options

I have somehow accrued xxx shards of a support that I have at Rank 5, can these be rolled into favorite shards or will they be in limbo until Rank 6 or support ascension?

Disregard the above as it was answered by Sokun.

Can the game distinguish between bought ascended characters versus naturally ascended characters? The problem will arise if, say, a 3* ascended Ares feeds a 4* Hercules when you have offered 4* ascended Ares as a paid offer.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Codex said:
    I have somehow accrued xxx shards of a support that I have at Rank 5, can these be rolled into favorite shards or will they be in limbo until Rank 6 or support ascension?

They just posted on Discord that they'll be correcting this oversight in the next version update but you'll need to ring up support (yet again, feel bad for them) and have them do it manually for past instances. "Extra" rank5 shards will pay out as 2x their value to your favorite.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 664 Critical Contributor
    edited 26 January 2024, 18:57
    Options

If you don't know what the bcs helpline number is, give me a ring and I'll tell you

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@Codex said:

They just posted on Discord that they'll be correcting this oversight in the next version update but you'll need to ring up support (yet again, feel bad for them) and have them do it manually for past instances. "Extra" rank5 shards will pay out as 2x their value to your favorite.

Thanks. Appreciate the update

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,051 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 26 January 2024, 18:22
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@slidecage said:

I need to look into that I must missed it now need a support for my juggie.

Also have to look into those supports misread it ... Think I got a lot of 5s with shards

This discussion has been closed.