Yelena no longer limited

Options
Scofie
Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards

Just pulled a blue Yelena cover from a Standard Token and the limited banner has gone.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well she is still limited as her powers cost 576 AP but now we can enjoy the slow steady climb to activate them on a more regular basis!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 11 January 2024, 11:41
    Options

That really sucks. I liked the idea of her being a trophy character you slowly had to earn. Please don’t do that with Bag-Man too!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They probably have to keep Bagman limited, else the LT will disappear from his rewards.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Didn't they hint last year that all limited characters might be going? I hope so. Seems a waste to design a character that gets so limited growth or use.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you think it’s a waste, you really don’t understand the purpose/meaning behind the character. If he was actually good, then yeah, I would be upset at him being limited. But, he sucks, and his sole purpose is to be a joke, while being the rarest character in the game. He is a legitimate trophy, and nothing more. I always loved that.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wouldn't be opposed to them unlimiting Dino/Howard/Taskmaster/Spider-Ham as it seems about time for most of them to join the rest of the MPQ Zoo but Bagman should stay limited. If they did un-limit Dino, etc then I don't mind a future 4 release to replace him/them.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

Awesome character policy change. Let hope bag man gets the same treatment.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This is awesome! Thanks, Devs!

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Well she is still limited as her powers cost 576 AP but now we can enjoy the slow steady climb to activate them on a more regular basis!

Her best point is her blue now, those traps hit like trucks at 2*. I've been using a Dark Avengers team of her, Ares and Daken on the 2* dailies to much more success than I expected at first.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Neat! I've always thought Howard and Taskmaster were just number tweaks away from being Good Actually, or at least Interesting. But I do think it would be nice if limited characters had better reward trees.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yelena only got Limited because she was so terrible that new players were complaining about pulling her covers, and they didn't want to waste time buffing a 1*. Since they decided to give her a third power and buff her ascended versions, she's not terrible anymore, so there's no reason to keep her Limited.

I sort of doubt they'll ever buff Bagman, but who knows. Dino/Howard/Spider-Ham should absolutely get the same treatment as Yelena eventually. The game doesn't need multiple joke characters.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Spider-Ham needs a scrap and rebuild if anyone is expected to play him.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options

Yelena's blue is pretty decent, I only have her at 1* still, lvl 50, but it does like 390 dmg on match. Pretty huge in the 1 star land for a passive power.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Her best point is her blue now, those traps hit like trucks at 2*. I've been using a Dark Avengers team of her, Ares and Daken on the 2* dailies to much more success than I expected at first.

Her black is really good too if the enemy uses SAP or counters. And cheap.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just got the purple cover I needed to ascend her. Happy days.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

I wonder if she will enter the rotation to be boosted also.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've always wanted them to get rid of Limited characters. You shouldn't have to "Limit" characters because they're so terrible that players are upset when they pull covers for them - you should just fix the broken characters! And if that's the rationale, then Rescue, Mysterio, Northstar, and Vision should be Limited too...

The rare / special / collectible argument never really made sense to me either - there's 147 different 4★ characters in the game, but four of them (Devil Dinosaur, Spider-Ham, Taskmaster, Howard the Duck) are special? How? Is anyone using these characters when they're not required?

If I want to favorite or max champ or ascend Taskmaster, why shouldn't I be allowed to?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Nothing wrong with Northstar.

Now Red Guardian on the other hand...

He feeds best girl Yelena.
    That's his one redeeming quality.