Character Rebalance: Moon Knight (Avatar of Khonshu) - 01/04/2024

Options

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options

I remember when MK was first released his match damage was unusually low compared to the other 5s released around that time. Not sure if any of yall remembered that. My lvl 455 MK has 978/870/761 showing for his top colors match damage. That is still lower than many 5s, whether released around his time period, or newer 5s or ascended 4s now. Would've been nice to get the match damage boosted up a bit, but I'm still happy his abilities are now cheaper and easier to fire off.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

Actually, sticking with the Wong theme to boost damage, I haven’t ascended Mordo yet, but that feels like he could hit hard with blue and be a black battery for MK.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options

Anyone find it odd he had no rebalance to his match damage ?

They usually seem to bring match damage up to today's standards. But MK match damage wasn't even on par with the 5s released at that time, even some older 5s damage is higher than his. I've never really heard from the devs why his match damage was lower than most. That's why I had hoped it would be addressed if he ever got a rebalance.

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    edited 5 January 2024, 17:25
    Options

A regular five star is going to die immediately if they try to stun a boosted Mk that s such an improv from the old one with pink at five covers

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah, Chasm is making a sad face.
    I think.
    I mean it's hard to tell tbh.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 5 January 2024, 18:29
    Options

@tonypq said:
    Anyone find it odd he had no rebalance to his match damage ?

They usually seem to bring match damage up to today's standards. But MK match damage wasn't even on par with the 5s released at that time, even some older 5s damage is higher than his. I've never really heard from the devs why his match damage was lower than most. That's why I had hoped it would be addressed if he ever got a rebalance.

He has higher match damage than the old 5s, just not as high as some newer 5s.
    My 480 Moonie has 1186/1054/923.
    My 480 Hawkeye has 746/663/580.
    My 480 Kingpin has 1263/1123/983.

Moonie is way higher than old 5s, just not as high as some newer 5s.

• mani82
    Options

@DrClever said:
    I think.

as though he needed another indirect nerf already we don’t see him in pvp anyway

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 5 January 2024, 19:12
    Options

@mani82 said:

@DrClever said:
    I think.

as though he needed another indirect nerf already we don’t see him in pvp anyway

I see Chasm in pick-3 all the time.

MK was such a low priority on release for me that I didn't even fully cover him. Might have to now.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

Chasm has come back in style with all the BRB/Ascended Polaris teams out there in sim. Put Moon Knight in third and he’s in trouble though lol.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 6 January 2024, 03:20
    Options

I’ve yet to have him survive a match in simulator; I may need to try some other teams.

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Crescent Darts with Okoye dmg boost is ridiculous reflection damage, especially against auto damagers like Omega Red or Banner.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’ve yet to have him survive a match simulator; I may need to try some other teams.

I’m also having trouble creating a team that really gels with him.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

My whole MMR is Jane/Shang/Somebody, he doesn’t really seem to be a great piece of the counter play to that group.

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    My whole MMR is Jane/Shang/Somebody, he doesn’t really seem to be a great piece of the counter play to that group.

Yeah, but that is such an easy team to counter (as long as you don't get unlucky with SheThor doing some crazy cascade... But that's like a few health packs here and there).

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

It’s more about not having appropriate teams to test moon knight against than struggling to beat this team in a vacuum.

• mani82
    Options

@Borstock said:

@mani82 said:

@DrClever said:
    I think.

MK was such a low priority on release for me that I didn't even fully cover him. Might have to now.

I rarely play shield sim but in pick two he seems rare due to last two weeks good character boost weeks but might see him this week as all the four boosted are slow

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Gamora is a beast boosted. We probably won’t see him often in pick 2 but he will probably show up in shield sim

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@mani82 said:

@Borstock said:

@mani82 said:

@DrClever said:
    I think.

I rarely play shield sim but in pick two he seems rare due to last two weeks good character boost weeks but might see him this week as all the four boosted are slow

Yeah, I don't see him being a pick-2 option unless he's boosted and the featured character is someone you'd pick to team with him anyway.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’ve yet to have him survive a match in simulator; I may need to try some other teams.

I guess we have different MMR but I used him with Apoc and Omega Red in SIM and it has been a lot of fun. I have managed to batter a variety of teams including yawn Jane/Shang and RiRi.