Character Rebalance: Moon Knight (Avatar of Khonshu) - 01/04/2024

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
edited 24 January 2024, 12:40 in MPQ Character Discussion

Didn't have enough time to create a pretty format for the rebalance of 5 Star: Moon Knight (Avatar of Khonshu) so here's a little side by side comparison for those who were curious.

Note: 550 Stats

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

Nice. Both purple and green get an AP discount and the traps on purple got a lot more useful. Can't wait to take him out for a spin.

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

Will there be a special Legendary store for the rebalanced Moon Knight?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bladewing said:
    Will there be a special Legendary store for the rebalanced Moon Knight?

I’d say February’s Classic poll needs to include MK….

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options

Featuring Doctor Strange, naturally...

Speaking of which, still waiting for his promised rebalance..?

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 389 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DashBC said:

Featuring Doctor Strange, naturally...

Speaking of which, still waiting for his promised rebalance..?

Still being worked on, but it's the first half of the year.

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options

Still a little disappointed the first power isn't called "Random Bullsh*t Go!" But otherwise I'm very happy with this!

I always liked his green & black just needed the AP reduction so he didn't need a battery. Purple was mostly a throwaway before, but definitely viable now!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah this looks to be a really good rework!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

MK was useful before, just high ap costs like most have pointed out. He reads like an absolute beast now.

Unsure of the build to use. 5/3/5 or 5/4/4? Gonna play around in shield sim.

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options

Great rework> @WilliamK1983 said:

MK was useful before, just high ap costs like most have pointed out. He reads like an absolute beast now.

100% 5/3/5 . His green reflects dmg multiple times from aoe, even the passives. With some boosts you can get it going as soon as turn 2 now. Purple trap tiles are huge for the damage alone, which now triggers on any sort of destruction.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I liked him before and always used him boosted even though he could be slow and now I like him even more and that purple is BOOM! Gives me hope for good things for Doc Strange.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 211 Tile Toppler
    Options

Wong will boost his already high damage by 30% plus strikes and his red can hit traps for big damage. Always wanted to use him for a supernatural team for Wong but he was too expensive. Now they can team with the soon to be buffed Strange for a full rainbow, boosted supernatural team.

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options

My MK is 463 & all of his damage numbers are about half of what's listed here...

Is this what his numbers look like at 550?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Painmonger said:
    My MK is 463 & all of his damage numbers are about half of what's listed here...

Is this what his numbers look like at 550?

The answer is yes…

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 5 January 2024, 12:59
    Options

@Domitronas said:

100% 5/3/5 . His green reflects dmg multiple times from aoe, even the passives. With some boosts you can get it going as soon as turn 2 now. Purple trap tiles are huge for the damage alone, which now triggers on any sort of destruction.

3/5/5.
    The increase on the reflect damage isn't great between 3 and 5 in green, but that black is an absolute killer at 5, while the true healing doubles.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He’s really good now. Stick him with She-Hulk and go hunt the RiRi teams.

He is viable now that he can get his powers off. That was the major complaint on his release.

As for builds I’m between 445 and 355. The green is a cheap easy cast. If I’m pairing him with She Hulk then 355 for sure.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Domitronas said:

3/5/5.
    The increase on the reflect damage isn't great between 3 and 5 in green, but that black is an absolute killer at 5, while the true healing doubles.

Yeah I’m torn myself. But you might be right. Black can totally turn the tide and now that the other powers are good, you actually can reach 10 ap.
    Trying him out in sim has been fun anyway. Always liked him.

• Nurielkun
    Nurielkun Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options

@dianetics said:
    He’s really good now. Stick him with She-Hulk and go hunt the RiRi teams.

He is viable now that he can get his powers off. That was the major complaint on his release.

As for builds I’m between 445 and 355. The green is a cheap easy cast. If I’m pairing him with She Hulk then 355 for sure.

She-Hulk? Why SHe-Hulk?

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

Agreed that this is a great rework! I ran MK with ascended 3* Magik and got to 10 black AP very quickly, so it’s an easy 3/5/5 for me.