MPQ Developer Q&A December 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Options

Comments

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Would it be possible to have a message pop up if you are about to use an ascended character to level up a lower level character like it does when you are about to sell a 3* or higher? I purchased the vault with ascended Thor2>4 and was in the white tab that allows you to level up characters with both shards and covers and accidentally used the 4* version to level up my 2* one level. Didn’t even know that was possible. Basically got screwed out of 6k HP.

@Jinx - raise a ticket with customer services and they can reinstate it for you.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options

Thanks. Sent one in. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

Is there any chance we could get a daily random boosted 4/5 character? It would make a big difference for me to be able to incentivize switching up teams throughout the week

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

Since you guys aren't allowing saved covers for 1*s, could you give people a chance to swap excess colors for needed ones? I've got 2 IM35s with max yellow and 5 more on the vine, but not enough red and blue to ascend.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

I have millions of ISO purple and red, I will never be able to use all of it. I can’t convert it to CP or HP is there a way you can allow us to gift it to our alliance members instead. We can send team ups so why not a request ISO button

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    I have millions of ISO purple and red, I will never be able to use all of it. I can’t convert it to CP or HP is there a way you can allow us to gift it to our alliance members instead. We can send team ups so why not a request ISO button

OMG - Ha ha that would be amazing. It isn't going to happen but even so as somebody who is both iso starved and your team mate this is the best idea ever (that sadly has absolutely no chance of becoming reality)

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@turbomoose said:

checks store
    sees 400% bonus iso offer
    …..yeah, not happening

• DAZ0273
    Options

The Devs want you to purchase from the bank of Devs, not the bank of friendship. But maybe as a one off Christmas gift? :wink:

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@turbomoose said:

OMG - Ha ha that would be amazing. It isn't going to happen but even so as somebody who is both iso starved and your team mate this is the best idea ever (that sadly has absolutely no chance of becoming reality)

They've answered this one repeatedly before -- allowing you to gift specific things (iso, covers, etc) to your alliance would quickly create an out of game real-money economy (ie pay me $100 via PayPal or Venmo and I'll join your alliance and gift you 500,000 iso or whatever). They don't want that, because it creates a ton of issues on their side.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@turbomoose said:

They've answered this one repeatedly before -- allowing you to gift specific things (iso, covers, etc) to your alliance would quickly create an out of game real-money economy (ie pay me $100 via PayPal or Venmo and I'll join your alliance and gift you 500,000 iso or whatever). They don't want that, because it creates a ton of issues on their side.

And understandably so.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,345 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

Question posted: Back in March, there was a blog post saying that existing Supports would be updated. Maybe to reflect the newer support breaks in ranks/max effects. Have any been updated? Are there plans to do so?

The blog post: https://d3go.com/newsupportsexperience/

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

Any plans on increasing the shield rank cap of 300?

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,045 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Have you seen my pants

really though Do you think we will ever see 6 stars

• MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

A topic that was always present in this forum was dilution. Recently it was replaced by complaints about busted characters (I’m looking at you - old Chasm but also, not taking my eyes of MThor), however new dev team made the dilution problem way worse by introducing a 3* pretty much with every 5* addition. This obviously must be incredibly frustrating for newer players (for older players I guess it is just a minor annoyance).

I’m guessing this was decided to force newer players to pay real money as they can’t keep up rostering. It’s understandable, we all know the game needs to make money.

If so - would you consider creating more user friendly alternative to monetizing? Perhaps adding a paid battle pass that actually rewards players that decide to pay with progress tied to amount of games won or something like that. I know there’s VIP pass but let’s face it is is mediocre given how bloated the game is. Maybe a tiered pass where each tier gives you rewards from 1/2/3/4/5 stars with 1 star battle pass being free and 2/3/4/5 get progressively more expensive. Upon completion you’d get a massive reward - for example a fully covered character from its respective tier including a roster spot.

What do you think of that idea?

• DAZ0273
    Options

I think giving away free rosters slots without any RNG or HP involved is as likely as us being allowed to trade resources.

• Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Is it possible to rotate the opponent characters in DDQ? I swear we have to fight Nick Fury and Scarlet Witch 6 times a week.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Heartbreaksoup said:
    Is it possible to rotate the opponent characters in DDQ? I swear we have to fight Nick Fury and Scarlet Witch 6 times a week.

don't forget jean grey.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,970 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Personally I hate fighting 2 star storm because it seems every bit of damage triggers her passive which ends up doing hundreds if not thousands of damage to my team. It's WAY out of proportion to every other character in DDQ.

KGB

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

How about choosing your boosted characters from a batch or perhaps another method of allowing a bit of “dealer’s choice” to boosted characters? This way we can setup some actual teamwork based on inherent synergies.

There’s a fair number of folks out there that will take one look at the boosted lineup and say, “Whelp, looks like I’m sitting out this week.”

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Any thoughts to running Lightning Rounds seven days a week? Would be nice to have more chances to grab 1* tokens with Ascension here and there really is no reason to only have it three days a week.