MPQ Developer Q&A December 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 128 Tile Toppler

Hi everyone!

Time to wrap up the year by fielding your question for the DEVs! We also added a question field to see what your favorite part of MPQ was in 2023.

December Developer Q&A Google Form:
https://mpq.social/devqa

1. Max 1 Question:
    To ensure that we're able to answer as many questions as possible, questions are limited to 1 per player and a maximum of 250 characters.
  2. Copy Questions to original Q&A thread:
    To avoid duplicate questions, we kindly ask that you post your question to our Q&A forum thread to display them publicly for others to see here.
  3. Deadline to submit questions:
    12pm PST/8pm BST on January 2nd
  4. Answers posted:
    Week of January 8th

Best,
MPQBlaine

Tagged:

Comments

• loose5682
    loose5682 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options

Is there any update on potentially expanding either the max boost per round past 5 or the total boosts (for color damage) past 30? On a related note, has auto-replenish of boosts been discussed as well?

• roderic1
    roderic1 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options

Now that standard tokens have a lot more usefulness, would it be possible to make them the reward for beating nodes and bosses on Heroic Boss Events? The Boss Events are mostly devoid of tokens to begin with. This would incentivize playing the Heroic side a bit more

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 222 Tile Toppler
    Options

In the past, there was some mention of auto-battles. I think in Shield Simulator is an excellent place to incorporate this. I am constantly up against 400k-600k HP teams; it can be incredibly time-consuming. I would pay to auto-battle as the mode of play. Something like 1000hp for 10 auto battle tokens, even if it is 50%win pct, I would buy it. Can this be considered in 2024?

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options

You’ve acknowledged the Iso-8 drought. But with the new Support system, I find myself also in a Red Iso drought: I’m gaining supports faster than I can level them. How are you planning to address either resource scarcity?

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options

The Roster "Ascend" filter shows which characters are currently maxed out, but I have no way of easily finding which ones already have duplicates, what level the duplicates are at, who I can actually Ascend right now, etc. I really need a new view that sorts all versions of the Ascendable characters together to make this easier, since I have dozens of characters at various stages of the process.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Is it possible to shift offers back one hour (from 9am to 10am PST) so they don’t overlap with the start of PvE/PvP slices?

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Some of us played Midnight Suns as a male character (yeah, I'm a guy).

Is there a chance to get a free 3+5 male Hunter costume so if we prefer Hunter to be male in MPQ, we can play that way too in this game?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As a player of the game, its there anything that frustrates you about the experience and what is the thing you enjoy most?

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

will we see unique 3's instead of a 3-star variant of a dual 3/5-star release?

• Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options

Now that the support shard rollout is complete what are the plans/timetable for bringing supports to PvP?

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Submitted via form but also posting here because I don't know what's going on lol. Plus I can make it longer here.

Q: You guys mentioned adding in new milestones (eventually), especially ones related to ascending characters. Is it possible to make these retroactive? So they count ones made before the milestone comes out? I have friends that lost out on a LOT of the old milestones when they came out, such as iso-used and championing characters, because they had done a ton already.

• Followup/related question, any news on new milestones such as if it's planned for 2024 or just an in-general plan?
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now that the support shard system is here are you planning new ways to earn support tokens? I think I've gotten like 4 since the system went live. A couple through the puzzle gauntlet and a couple through random vaults.

• MathiasTCK
    MathiasTCK Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

Larger touch targets please and fewer required clicks for boosts. Also larger back button in top left on all pages.

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

Please make saved teams save characters AND the supports we want them to have equipped AND the boosts we want them to use. Thanks.

EDIT: Was over the 250-character limit and added an additional request.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hi team! We all noticed that ascended 4 stars are capped when we encounter them. Is that a temporary thing, will it stick or will it be a combination of the two depending on the character?

• nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options

Can there please be someplace in the game to go to see what daily rewards are available and which characters allow you to qualify for each?

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

What’s up with ascended 3-star Juggernaut red (headbutt) doing more damage to himself than the enemy at 5 covers? The 2-star Juggernaut only takes half damage at 5 covers.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options

Would it be possible to have a message pop up if you are about to use an ascended character to level up a lower level character like it does when you are about to sell a 3* or higher? I purchased the vault with ascended Thor2>4 and was in the white tab that allows you to level up characters with both shards and covers and accidentally used the 4* version to level up my 2* one level. Didn’t even know that was possible. Basically got screwed out of 6k HP.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

Any eta on strange's rebalance?