A mostly useless poll to help my indecisiveness

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello! Are you having a nice Sunday? It is wet and dark here, much like opening a Latest Legends token and being presented with Red Guardian. Anyway, I have now accumulated a nearly Poll level amount of 5* fully covered (*well Peggy will be on 5pm-ish UK time) and I can't decide who to champ next. I am not a rich man in Iso so I can only afford to do one (I can tell the rest of them to do one). So, Forum - you shall be my guide, my Professor X, my Cable (Mmm... pockets).

Or are they all terrible? I have no clue and should probably just champ 3* Cyclops instead?

I am deliberately not mentioning things like saved covers or levels (P.S. Rescue is the highest) so we can get quality feedback about these bunch of benchwarmers.

A mostly useless poll to help my indecisiveness 38 votes

Wasp
2%
samael64 1 vote
Venom Dino Thingy
18%
BowgentlexKOBALTxPhumadeMoosePrimeMgoBlue51IrisRyuJinx 7 votes
Hela
7%
CodexWilliamK1983bigjojo04 3 votes
Rescue
2%
CASSIDYFROST 1 vote
Old Lady Peggy*
5%
bluewolfScofie 2 votes
Killmonger
44%
IridiousGlockomarainkingucdvinnygeckoturbomooseEagledaveFirst311skittledaddydianeticsfractalvisionswill7612DrClevermani82DomitronasProfShoehornamberdrake2002BobDucca 17 votes
Doc Ock
0%
Gamora
13%
DeNappabonny79JaGoChrynos1989Hollis 5 votes
Spider-Man Back in Black
2%
ElReyFelix 1 vote
Other! I don't have an other option but Gambit is 5/5/2 or I guess Spider-Man: India?
2%
Tpsimoes 1 vote

Comments

• DAZ0273

Update: Pegor is good to go too!

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Venom Dino Thingy

Rex.
    He hasn't been boosted in years, but he's good, you want him champed during his boost week.

• DAZ0273

Oooh... interesting - I didn't realise he was that much cop. This has definitely got me thinking.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards
    Old Lady Peggy*

I think you're going to pull more LL tokens so you're likely to get more rewards. Also when she actually works properly she will be better. Not better than Venom Dino probably unless rebalanced at the same time, but still better.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 281 Mover and Shaker
    Venom Dino Thingy

Dino hits hard. Grandma Thor is pretty useless without a feeder/damage booster. I voted for Dino, but Gamora’s red is awfully good. I have every 5* champed, but there’s nobody on that list that I use.

• Bowgentle
    edited December 2023
    Venom Dino Thingy

@Scofie said:
    I think you're going to pull more LL tokens so you're likely to get more rewards. Also when she actually works properly she will be better. Not better than Venom Dino probably unless rebalanced at the same time, but still better.

After their nerf, then buff to Magik I don't think there's much danger of Peggy being any good after they're done with their adjustments.
    If they ever get round to it.

• DAZ0273

I am not sure what I want to do with Latest - Goose is bare bones and I am considering not really bothering with Miles all that much. I have enough Shards to bring him up to 10 covers but he doesn't seem great enough to worry about too much and so I could maybe just let him be which then means I could hoard LT through Pegor too.

Of course come Thursday I might just change my mind and pull anyway.

Also Gambit is now 5/5/3.

• DAZ0273

@Jinx said:
    Dino hits hard. Grandma Thor is pretty useless without a feeder/damage booster. I voted for Dino, but Gamora’s red is awfully good. I have every 5* champed, but there’s nobody on that list that I use.

Yeah...pretty much I am champing them all at some point but I really don't know whether any of them are a priority. The Dinosaur though is now intriguing as I have pretty much never used him. I assumed he was gash but it seems maybe not.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor
    Hela

I'm a huge fan of Cate Blanchett so Hela gets my vote.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    Killmonger

Rex has a decent stun and health in an otherwise baron 5* land, but it’s 2023 and now anyone can be a 5*!

Killmonger has some niche uses with his passives in the Match damage/cascade meta game that can be exploited for huge gains, boosted or not.

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Killmonger

Killmonger has some pretty good powers not that I can remember the last time I used him

Looks like from other comments I need to use dino thingy !!

• DAZ0273

Geez...no love for Doc Ock or Spidey there, even Wasp has one vote!

• Bowgentle
    Venom Dino Thingy

Spidey has been painfully average since his release, and has become even worse as time went on.
    Ock... Exists.

• DAZ0273

I used to sort of like Doc's ridiculously convoluted green power back in the day but I can't pretend to have used him for anything in a very long time.

Spidey BiB sort of seems like he might have a good character hiding inside of him with some numbers boost and AP tweaks.

• DAZ0273

@turbomoose said:
    Killmonger has some pretty good powers not that I can remember the last time I used him

Looks like from other comments I need to use dino thingy !!

Killmonger is definitely one I was eyeing up as I have heard good things about him boosted, so I might keep an eye of out for that week.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Killmonger

Killmonger + Colossus + AC was one of my saved teams for a long time, especially when Colossus is boosted and against a team with Yellow/Blue/Black as strongest colour. That's admittedly niche, but still a lot of fun

• Bowgentle
    edited December 2023
    Venom Dino Thingy

Oh that's BSSM, not Peter Spidey.
    Yeah BSSM has exactly one purpose, fighting Kaecilius.

• DAZ0273

I wonder where he gets all of his cars from? He must have some sort of sweet deal with an NYC scrapyard or something to be able to lob them all over the place. I hope he isn't just throwing random peoples cars off the street as that would in fact make him somewhat of a menace! I guess in Marvel NYC you probably have "Third Party Super Hero Damage" as standard on the insurance.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Killmonger

@Bowgentle said:
    Oh that's BSSM, not Peter Spidey.
    Yeah BSSM has exactly one purpose, fighting Kaecilius.

Yup. And he doesn't need to be champed for that.

Killmonger, VDT, and Gamora you might well find yourself using when boosted and for me Killmonger is slightly more interesting.

Although you could go for Wasp and find out what all the fuss isn't about.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Killmonger

@DrClever said:
    Killmonger, VDT, and Gamora you might well find yourself using when boosted and for me Killmonger is slightly more interesting.

All I could think with VDT is Venom: Dinosaur Train.

I may be watching too much Dinosaur Train. But that's okay because Dinosaur Train is great