Guess the next character

Options
ThisisClemFandango
ThisisClemFandango Posts: 656 Critical Contributor

I'm bored and feel the need to inject some silliness into the board.
After the obvious clue of "mums the word" being in reference to Mumbai ( I'm not making this up, it was honestly that tenuous) I feel that we should all guess what the next clue "best pet ever" could be.
OK here we go
If you read ever backwards you get reve, this is almost reverence, if you reverse best you get tseb which could be an Egyptian word. Now when you think Egyptian god you go to apocalypse or Khonshu, Egyptians believed cats guarded the underworld and who rules the underworld?

Mephisto

Boom!, called it.

I have decided to ignore the pet clue as I believe this to be a red herring.

Let's hear your ideas, the more ludicrous the better.

Comments

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 716 Critical Contributor
    Options

Mums the word is sorta like He who must not be named. Voldermort doesn't have a nose. Red Skull doesn't have a nose because the nose is cartilage not bone. Red Skull is the answer!

Since this is a 4* please don't actually come to fruition but fun nonetheless to guess red skull like always.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Mums the word is sorta like He who must not be named. Voldermort doesn't have a nose. Red Skull doesn't have a nose because the nose is cartilage not bone. Red Skull is the answer!

Since this is a 4* please don't actually come to fruition but fun nonetheless to guess red skull like always.

As good as guess as any
    At this stage I'm hoping whoever does the clues just goes around saying cryptic to every question.
    "This clue doesn't make any sense, how do you get paste pot pete from medieval tree toga party?"
    "CRYPTIC"

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

Seriously?

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Well the clue is "best...pet....ever" so I'm guessing it's an animal. I hope it's Lockheed personally

• ThisisClemFandango
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    Seriously?

Almost certainly not.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Best Pete Ver?

The best version of Pete is the one with the paste pot.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@Blackstone said:
    Seriously?

Almost certainly not.

Lol

Words and stuff.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@DrClever said:
    Best Pete Ver?

This guy clearly earned his doctorate

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

I did think that because they love spider people we could have man-man, Peter who didn't get bit and has no powers at all.
    I'm an ideas man.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Obviously it's Omega Red

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Deaths Head 3 star

Deaths Head II 5 star

This will always be my guess for every future release.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:
    Best Pete Ver?

Or Best p.e.t (paste extra trappiness) ever.

But wait is this a 4*? Bah...no chance his Peteness would not be a top tier bad muddy funsta and you cannot ascend perfection.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Obviously it's Omega Red

Someone else tell him, I can't bear to shatter dreams today.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@dianetics said:
    Deaths Head 3 star

Deaths Head II 5 star

This will always be my guess for every future release.

No further questions.

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@DrClever said:
    Best Pete Ver?

Or Best p.e.t (paste extra trappiness) ever.

But wait is this a 4*? Bah...no chance his Peteness would not be a top tier bad muddy funsta and you cannot ascend perfection.

This 4 might actually be good
    Lol, only joking
    Can you imagine if he's not just a reason to get us to roster him/them/animal/vegetable/mineral when alot of the 4s are mostly a load of old guff.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

As good as guess as any
    At this stage I'm hoping whoever does the clues just goes around saying cryptic to every question.
    "This clue doesn't make any sense, how do you get paste pot pete from medieval tree toga party?"
    "CRYPTIC"

Appreciate the kindness but I completely got the clue wrong as I used an old one to go from. Man I have been misreading things lately, so let me try this again.

We got dogs, cats, sharks, an octopus, and now(hopefully) Giant Ant. No, Giant Ant doesn't have a sweet name like Ant-Thony or Ant-tonio Banderas, but have you seen him behind a drum kit?! And he's down to help you break out of house arrest. I'm sold.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Wait we have an Octopus?!?!? That sounds sweet! Why do I not have an Octopus? Unless...oh no...SPIDER stuff. sigh so sad...

• WilliamK1983
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Wait we have an Octopus?!?!? That sounds sweet! Why do I not have an Octopus? Unless...oh no...SPIDER stuff. sigh so sad...

That green guy with one eye. Octopus-like?

• ThisisClemFandango
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

As good as guess as any
    "CRYPTIC"

Appreciate the kindness but I completely got the clue wrong as I used an old one to go from. Man I have been misreading things lately, so let me try this again.

We got dogs, cats, sharks, an octopus, and now(hopefully) Giant Ant. No, Giant Ant doesn't have a sweet name like Ant-Thony or Ant-tonio Banderas, but have you seen him behind a drum kit?! And he's down to help you break out of house arrest. I'm sold.

Well gwen can hurt you with drums so I guess a giant ant can.
    Character approved

• DAZ0273
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

@DAZ0273 said:

That green guy with one eye. Octopus-like?

Oh right, gotcha!

We don't have any bears, right? Do they make good pets? Major Ursus incoming! Or at least maybe Yogi Bear.