MPQ Developer Q&A November 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Options

Comments

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 467 Mover and Shaker
    Options

uh... I totally biffed on copying my question on the form, but I was asking for foreknowledge of what the monthly boss event heroic rewards will be (aside from the newest support release). It takes a LOT of effort for an even highly organized team to take t10 and many possibilities simply aren't worth that effort (or we already have them, etc), my alliances are already polling members for commitment level and we don't even know what's in the thing.

• Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options

Can we get a proposed schedule for when the other characters will allow ascension (wave 3/4?), including if new characters will be able to be ascended, or will we continue to have waves?

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options

With the ascension integrated, will we see unique 3 stars outside of the 5-star counterpart?

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options

Please for the love of all things good in this world can we have a filter to show only characters ready to champ? 🙏

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Would you consider allowing characters for which no champ rewards have been claimed to be turned back into covers? The inability to do this makes the purchase of pre-ascended versions of those characters much less attractive than it'd be otherwise.

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options

After a decade (insane the game's been live this long), 1 Star Hawkeye & Black Widow got finally 3rd powers.
    I assume this was for tutorial reasons (the User gets to pick one to add to their roster for free during the starting tutorial I think?).

Will the rest of the 1 Star characters finally get their 3rd powers (Juggernaut, Venom, Yelena)?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@The Viceroy Returns said:
    After a decade (insane the game's been live this long), 1 Star Hawkeye & Black Widow got finally 3rd powers.
    I assume this was for tutorial reasons (the User gets to pick one to add to their roster for free during the starting tutorial I think?).

Will the rest of the 1 Star characters finally get their 3rd powers (Juggernaut, Venom, Yelena)?

They need that third power to ascend, so yeah, the rest is getting third powers, too.

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@The Viceroy Returns said:

They need that third power to ascend, so yeah, the rest is getting third powers, too.

Makes sense.
    In some ways kind of surprised such a noticeable and huge change wasn't given a specific post.
    But in other ways not, because other significant character balance changes just kind of happen with no mention (the most recent minor character balances for example like 5 Star Captain Marvel).

Sure, they are only 1 Stars. But for those of us that have been with this game along while, knowing the history of this game and its character changes, characters of any star rating getting a new power should be something newsworthy that deserves its own mention.
    Who remembers 3 Star Loki and Doctor Doom having only 2 powers? Pepperidge farm remembers...

• illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options

Can we at some point do new releases (4/5) on or during weekdays? I know many including myself would like a free weekend not tied to this unpaid part-time job.

Notes to development:
    Do you have any ethical or moral values where you think it's acceptable to charge 1500hp for a standard token? Why is so much lately a money grab? Can you please for once cut the in game price in half for an actual sale, like many other games do?

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is the Daily Resupply going to get some love? We just had a great 10th anniversary run, but fixed rewards are less frequent than before (along with a repeat Rhino cover within 6 months).

• spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options

Is the wave node bug causing enemies to fire passives when they did not get hit ever going to get fixed?

• Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Coordination is taking place outside of the game, like a spreadsheet to track PvE bracket flips. There are also more advanced PvP strategies managed on Line rooms. Does the team have an opinion, pro or con, of any of these external efforts?

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Any plans for more 1* releases now that you have seen the popularity of people buying the ascended versions?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 621 Critical Contributor
    Options

Surprised this question was not already here:

Can you give us an update on the feeder for Venomosaurus? When he was released, it was going to be Soon.There have since been several opportunities to give him a feeder not taken. So what is the plan?

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Are there any plans to use Quandary further to help expand MPQ-lore? The game notably lacks an overarching narrative structure. I think Quandary would be perfect to help establish a narrative environment for the player to explore and operate in.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@fight4thedream said:
    Are there any plans to use Quandary further to help expand MPQ-lore? The game notably lacks an overarching narrative structure. I think Quandary would be perfect to help establish a narrative environment for the player to explore and operate in.

NO!!!! DELETE, DELETE, DELETE!!!!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,339 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Could you add a way to remove yourself from PVE that you have pre-joined but the slice hasn't started yet? Every now and then I accidentally prejoin a slice I did not mean to (due to my own ineptness) and there is no way for me to just say "oops, undo". Thanks!

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 710 Critical Contributor
    Options

@fight4thedream said:

I am more than happy for the "quandary died on the way back to her planet" response.
    This isn't a question just an idea.

This discussion has been closed.