What's New MPQ - NOVEMBER 2023! (Updated 11/20/23)

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

We got a what's new after many months. And comes a boss event.
    Then many players come here to complain like crazy because of having an (easy) new boss event and needing every kind of info.
    My logical deduction if I was a dev: don't post another what's new in a good amount of months. That way I save the complaints and the extra work of trying to give them more info (and then they have more advantage than others players not reading the forum, which is pretty unfair).
    Or the opposite, enable a hot line direct call with devs 24/7 :D

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

@Scofie said:

@Pantera236 said:

@Scofie said:

@Pantera236 said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Yes thank you, 11 hours after I asked, with less than 24 hours to go.
    Baby steps.

In fairness, you posted at what would have been 1am dev-time. I think a response by noon isn't too bad.... And almost 24 hours before is a luxury that hasn't been there before. Not that I'd know what you might need the prep time for....

Arrange alliance members who don't want to go hard at the Heroic event?
    This info could have been posted along with the graphic.

At the risk of sounding dismissive, that 24 hours is more than twice as long as the time it took for the info to get to you (and not from 1am, probably). How long have you given the Alliance members to respond? 😉

I would presume that your Alliance mates will compete regardless of whoever is boosted or not but I may be wrong. Most likely, it'll be the same format as before, so none of the info provided makes too much of a difference.

Just my humble opinion as a non-competitive player in a non-competitive alliance. In most likely missing something obvious though.

This would be a correct assessment of it was that easy one against Thanos. This is a completely new that we still don't know what Ronan himself is going to do.

I understand that, but we still don't know what he is going to do. I hope he does something new or has synergy with his teammates. But I find it more fun to work that out when he appears. It just feels a bit more cinematic.

But either way let's not pretend that most people in this forum aren't going to one-shot him until at least Round 4 and spend the next 7 hours reading his power descriptions to work it out until the first side node refresh.

That's fine and dandy if EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE GAME IS ON OUR LEVEL! They are not though. My alliance family has people of all play styles and quite frankly am a little offended by you brushing it off. But whatever, I'm sure I'll get over it.

I wasn't trying to brush anything off, so apologies if it came across that way.

My alliance has all different roster levels and some will and some won't attempt this for whatever reason. My point was that would be true whether the information was out there 24 hours before or a week. I just don't understand what difference it would have made.

If the answer was something like: "I'm in a family of 10 Alliances and I want a few days to shuffle resources so they all get best placement in Heroic" then I kind of get that. But that disadvantages those that aren't in big alliance families more than the current setup. If that's the game model people want then so be it, but I'm guessing that those that aren't at "our level" and are casual players would prefer that those advantages weren't handed out and extra time wasn't given to ensure those with the most resources can leverage more rewards. But, hey, people put in the effort to coordinate these things so why shouldn't they get better rewards?

Sincerely, if I had a month to plan what the Boss event was next month, my alliance would do nothing differently than when the info arrives at the start of the event. But as I said earlier, I'm not in the situation where it makes a difference and was genuinely curious. There was no snark at all intended.

All good, already over it.

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 126 Tile Toppler

No mention of support updates.... Guess that means December.... Maybe supportmas?

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited November 2023

@gamecat235

Looks like you and I were right, it is Goose Flerken feline/Flerken family. Was confirmed on Facebook.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker

FYI that the top post has been updated.

@S0kun Thanks for the update! small request to leave a post in the thread when it’s updated? Helps with visibility.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor

The 11/23 - 11/30 buff list is a little off, I think Luke Cage, Moon Knight and Peggy are 4 star boosts not 5 star.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 627 Critical Contributor

@Zarqa said:
    FYI that the top post has been updated.

@S0kun Thanks for the update! small request to leave a post in the thread when it’s updated? Helps with visibility.

Most definitely! I just updated it with a missing PVP event for:
    11/23 - 11/27 Scarlett Witch

@St_Bernadus thanks for letting me know. Should be fixed!

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

@Bowgentle said:
    I'm still absolutely positive that rolling out supports for PVP will break the mode, completely.

Can you describe what will happen and why I won't enjoy it? I ask because I just can't see it spoiling anything for me.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@DrClever said:

@Bowgentle said:
    I'm still absolutely positive that rolling out supports for PVP will break the mode, completely.

Can you describe what will happen and why I won't enjoy it? I ask because I just can't see it spoiling anything for me.

Boosts + AP generating supports make some teams incredibly fast, like turn 0 wins. AP generating supports on defensive teams will make some teams very strong on defense.

I guess it depends where you're at in the game. If you're not fighting very high level teams with optimized supports, it may not affect you at all.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2023

@DrClever said:

@Bowgentle said:

May I? Part of the old thinking is that supports could make PVP even easier for elder rosters because good supports = free powers, more or less. Apocalypse isn't a huge issue until he gets out his yellow, now what if he did that turn one!? It makes a lot of slow, defensive characters suddenly much faster. Supports have always been that hidden 6*, you cannot compete in PVE without them but they're also a huge pain to obtain, manage, and swap (if needed.)

My argument is that this game is terrible at presenting us with important information and enemy supports would be an even bigger, even more important information point that I'm positive we won't be able to grok at a glance. BCS are PC/Steam native and it shows, UI is barely even functional on phones even though players there are still the main market. I don't think PVP supports will ruin the game for many of us but they WILL make things feel even more random if not implemented well.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlackBoltRocks said:
    Or...they could just code it so that defensive teams can't use Supports, just like how defensive teams currently cannot use boosts or more than one Team-Up -shrug-

They've said that defensive teams will have supports equipped (we asked!).

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,712 Chairperson of the Boards

A lot of people have posited that PVP with Supports would be...ok... with offense-only supports. I suppose you could view it as similar to PVE now, where the devs theoretically could (maybe?) put supports onto the 3* + characters you face but they do not. So supports only advantage the player.

In PVE, of course, you are racing other players when you are a competitive player, and supports can help or hurt (depends on effects and how they change game speed) and that's pretty fine. They can also help you clear nodes you could not before, and that's great. Supports are all-upside basically, other than if you are trying for a top spot and can't catch up to someone who has better supports and so your placement isn't as good.

In PVP, even offense only supports impact the game dramatically because of the nature of point gains and losses. If players have supports that make them faster than you or even just make matches faster for more players, you face the potential of losing more points than you do now if a match takes longer than you think, or you lose because of a bad cascade etc. Because while you are out, potentially more players can hit you and knock your score down because they have supports that allow them to do that while you are still unshielded (assuming a hop, or even that you became a bigger target by climbing). But! you say. I can also play faster. So it's a give and take.

If Supports are offense-only, PVP shifts even further into an offensive, grind-out-the-wins game for more players where defense becomes less viable and hits become more frequent as more players can hit teams they would not before. Vs the approach some take, shielding to preserve score, hopping etc - this will become harder if match speed increases.

There are so many open questions. Do you have good enough supports for the particular boosted/feature characters to beat others to the punch? Will you enjoy faster matches and not care about losing points as you just grind for wins? Will supports matter all that much for 500+ characters who already have massive match damage? Will the average player who doesn't understand all this but wants to try PVP be dejected at losing more points than now as attacks become faster and more viable (thanks to supports)?

Scores will likely drop overall and all the point losses could make playing PVP less enjoyable for people who are interested in placement and not just grinding out wins and walking away.

If supports are defensive as well, it's a whole different thing as losses would increase overall for players who aren't looking at supports, and effects they don't expect or understand happen, etc.

We will see what happens.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@bluewolf said:
    A lot of people have posited that PVP with Supports would be...ok... with offense-only supports. I suppose you could view it as similar to PVE now, where the devs theoretically could (maybe?) put supports onto the 3* + characters you face but they do not. So supports only advantage the player.

In PVE, of course, you are racing other players when you are a competitive player, and supports can help or hurt (depends on effects and how they change game speed) and that's pretty fine. They can also help you clear nodes you could not before, and that's great. Supports are all-upside basically, other than if you are trying for a top spot and can't catch up to someone who has better supports and so your placement isn't as good.

In PVP, even offense only supports impact the game dramatically because of the nature of point gains and losses. If players have supports that make them faster than you or even just make matches faster for more players, you face the potential of losing more points than you do now if a match takes longer than you think, or you lose because of a bad cascade etc. Because while you are out, potentially more players can hit you and knock your score down because they have supports that allow them to do that while you are still unshielded (assuming a hop, or even that you became a bigger target by climbing). But! you say. I can also play faster. So it's a give and take.

If Supports are offense-only, PVP shifts even further into an offensive, grind-out-the-wins game for more players where defense becomes less viable and hits become more frequent as more players can hit teams they would not before. Vs the approach some take, shielding to preserve score, hopping etc - this will become harder if match speed increases.

There are so many open questions. Do you have good enough supports for the particular boosted/feature characters to beat others to the punch? Will you enjoy faster matches and not care about losing points as you just grind for wins? Will supports matter all that much for 500+ characters who already have massive match damage? Will the average player who doesn't understand all this but wants to try PVP be dejected at losing more points than now as attacks become faster and more viable (thanks to supports)?

Scores will likely drop overall and all the point losses could make playing PVP less enjoyable for people who are interested in placement and not just grinding out wins and walking away.

If supports are defensive as well, it's a whole different thing as losses would increase overall for players who aren't looking at supports, and effects they don't expect or understand happen, etc.

Supports are defensive as well - as Bucket said, that was one of the first things we asked.
    And yes, supports absolutely matter for the 500+ rosters.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

@Timemachinego said:
    BCS are PC/Steam native and it shows

Blimey. The Steam UI is awful - I play both Steam and mobile and much prefer the latter.

-

In general I'd rather matches took more rather than less time but still nothing suggested so far makes me worry about supports in PvP. Bring it on.

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor

i guess this is a temporary and a me problem, but i still dont know what all the supports even do. having to read support details before entering a pvp match sounds ultra lame. i cant even be bothered to read new character abilities.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023

Supports are defensive as well - as Bucket said, that was one of the first things we asked.
    And yes, supports absolutely matter for the 500+ rosters.

Well. Defense too.

That’ll suck. Can’t wait to lose because everyone’s sticking a power stone or R5 Chimi on SC and he’s getting red and purple left and right or firing free powers all the time.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm more worried about Apoc/Bill getting Turn 0 wins, but yeah, you got the right idea.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

Anyone know when batch 3 is coming out?

• tylenol4
    tylenol4 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2023

Nope, no hints about it yet anywhere as far as I can tell. It might be worth pointing out that the second batch was announced three weeks ago this afternoon. Who knows, but there's a chance we could hear something today.