What's New MPQ - NOVEMBER 2023! (Updated 11/20/23)

Comments

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler

@Jash735 said:
    @gamecat235

Sorry, but are you being facetious or is that really ‘confirmed’, like on discord or something?

100% facetious, sorry. (VERY) hopeful though. Would love a playable Goose. But I’m sure that Photon will be a nice addition if they go that way.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler

@Bowgentle said:
    Can we get more info about the Boss event than "Ronan", please?
    Is it a dual event with alliance placement again?
    Peggy covers?
    Is it a new event?
    Anything we should be aware of so we can tell our alliances what to do?
    You know, TALK TO US.

This, this is really important for planning. If it’s only a standard boss event, then it’s almost a vacation for the alliance.

But if it’s a heroic, we need some planning in place because there is some coordination necessary if you are in an alliance that is competitive. This information isn’t trivial.

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 27 Just Dropped In

It's become obvious to me the devs don't care about competitive players.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    Can we get more info about the Boss event than "Ronan", please?
    Is it a dual event with alliance placement again?
    Peggy covers?
    Is it a new event?
    Anything we should be aware of so we can tell our alliances what to do?
    You know, TALK TO US.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89412/ronan-boss-battle-judgement-day#latest

They just posted the info.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Yes thank you, 11 hours after I asked, with less than 24 hours to go.
    Baby steps.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:
    Baby steps.

In fairness, you posted at what would have been 1am dev-time. I think a response by noon isn't too bad.... And almost 24 hours before is a luxury that hasn't been there before. Not that I'd know what you might need the prep time for....

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Or you can call our service hot line direct talk with devs 24 hours at 800-777-7777!

• Bowgentle
    edited November 2023

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Baby steps.

In fairness, you posted at what would have been 1am dev-time. I think a response by noon isn't too bad.... And almost 24 hours before is a luxury that hasn't been there before. Not that I'd know what you might need the prep time for....

Arrange alliance members who don't want to go hard at the Heroic event?
    This info could have been posted along with the graphic.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah, because the heroic mode only has been there... maybe 5 boss events in a row?

• Scofie

@Bowgentle said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Baby steps.

At the risk of sounding dismissive, that 24 hours is more than twice as long as the time it took for the info to get to you (and not from 1am, probably). How long have you given the Alliance members to respond? 😉

I would presume that your Alliance mates will compete regardless of whoever is boosted or not but I may be wrong. Most likely, it'll be the same format as before, so none of the info provided makes too much of a difference.

Just my humble opinion as a non-competitive player in a non-competitive alliance. In most likely missing something obvious though.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Baby steps.

At the risk of sounding dismissive, that 24 hours is more than twice as long as the time it took for the info to get to you (and not from 1am, probably). How long have you given the Alliance members to respond? 😉

I would presume that your Alliance mates will compete regardless of whoever is boosted or not but I may be wrong. Most likely, it'll be the same format as before, so none of the info provided makes too much of a difference.

Just my humble opinion as a non-competitive player in a non-competitive alliance. In most likely missing something obvious though.

This would be a correct assessment of it was that easy one against Thanos. This is a completely new that we still don't know what Ronan himself is going to do.

• Scofie

@Pantera236 said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Baby steps.

This would be a correct assessment of it was that easy one against Thanos. This is a completely new that we still don't know what Ronan himself is going to do.

I understand that, but we still don't know what he is going to do. I hope he does something new or has synergy with his teammates. But I find it more fun to work that out when he appears. It just feels a bit more cinematic.

But either way let's not pretend that most people in this forum aren't going to one-shot him until at least Round 4 and spend the next 7 hours reading his power descriptions to work it out until the first side node refresh.

• Bowgentle

Not if he's a reskin of Quandary, which is still possible with the info we got,

• Scofie

@Bowgentle said:
    Not if he's a reskin of Quandary, which is still possible with the info we got,

Ha! I did joke with my alliance that Quandary is Ronan in disguise. They were not amused. 🤣

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

If they scale up Ronan's powers he could be quite nasty. Hour to go so will know soon enough I guess.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

Got my 5 star kitty ready for him, always satisfying to kill him in short order

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2023

Looks like the Monica rework has landed..

Or maybe not... Turns out I don't know her powers well enough.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

@Scofie said:

@Pantera236 said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Baby steps.

I understand that, but we still don't know what he is going to do. I hope he does something new or has synergy with his teammates. But I find it more fun to work that out when he appears. It just feels a bit more cinematic.

But either way let's not pretend that most people in this forum aren't going to one-shot him until at least Round 4 and spend the next 7 hours reading his power descriptions to work it out until the first side node refresh.

That's fine and dandy if EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE GAME IS ON OUR LEVEL! They are not though. My alliance family has people of all play styles and quite frankly am a little offended by you brushing it off. But whatever, I'm sure I'll get over it.

• Scofie

@Pantera236 said:

@Scofie said:

@Pantera236 said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Baby steps.

That's fine and dandy if EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE GAME IS ON OUR LEVEL! They are not though. My alliance family has people of all play styles and quite frankly am a little offended by you brushing it off. But whatever, I'm sure I'll get over it.

I wasn't trying to brush anything off, so apologies if it came across that way.

My alliance has all different roster levels and some will and some won't attempt this for whatever reason. My point was that would be true whether the information was out there 24 hours before or a week. I just don't understand what difference it would have made.

If the answer was something like: "I'm in a family of 10 Alliances and I want a few days to shuffle resources so they all get best placement in Heroic" then I kind of get that. But that disadvantages those that aren't in big alliance families more than the current setup. If that's the game model people want then so be it, but I'm guessing that those that aren't at "our level" and are casual players would prefer that those advantages weren't handed out and extra time wasn't given to ensure those with the most resources can leverage more rewards. But, hey, people put in the effort to coordinate these things so why shouldn't they get better rewards?

Sincerely, if I had a month to plan what the Boss event was next month, my alliance would do nothing differently than when the info arrives at the start of the event. But as I said earlier, I'm not in the situation where it makes a difference and was genuinely curious. There was no snark at all intended.