MTGPQ Sneak Peek: January 2024 Edition (Updated 01/02/2024)

13»

Comments

  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 779 Critical Contributor

    @Mainloop25 said:

    @Machine said:
    @Magic:PQ Support Team Where are the new WoE events? These events have only been run once and you are already talking about / spoiling the next set. March of the Machines was terrible with regards to content related to the set and you are trying to match this with WoE if you continue down this road.

    They ran two of them and most people didn't like them

    I must have been sleeping then... any way, I really miss events that are related to new sets and their mechanics. March of the Machines was a big miss and WoE is going the same direction. We have had enough iterations of Revolving Planeswalk. Time to get daily events that focus on the newest sets.

  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,595 Chairperson of the Boards

    @Mainloop25 said:

    @Machine said:
    @Magic:PQ Support Team Where are the new WoE events? These events have only been run once and you are already talking about / spoiling the next set. March of the Machines was terrible with regards to content related to the set and you are trying to match this with WoE if you continue down this road.

    They ran two of them and most people didn't like them

    I can’t remember the WoE event. Was it another one of those events that “features” a wildly convoluted event support everyone ignores?

    I would love a simple event where I could experiment with my library and use - say my dwarfs or artifact or ?!? whatever. In some events it is ok for the devs to dictate what direction the deckbuilding should go, but why can’t we have an event where the requirement comes from a mono-red PW (or another colour). If it is because “some players may not have a mono-red walker or a sufficiently large red library”, then don’t make it a coalition event or perhaps figure out how the event design does include code to “lend” a PW and/or a preset build.

  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,931 Chairperson of the Boards

    @Tremayne said:

    @Mainloop25 said:

    @Machine said:
    @Magic:PQ Support Team Where are the new WoE events? These events have only been run once and you are already talking about / spoiling the next set. March of the Machines was terrible with regards to content related to the set and you are trying to match this with WoE if you continue down this road.

    They ran two of them and most people didn't like them

    I can’t remember the WoE event. Was it another one of those events that “features” a wildly convoluted event support everyone ignores?

    I would love a simple event where I could experiment with my library and use - say my dwarfs or artifact or ?!? whatever. In some events it is ok for the devs to dictate what direction the deckbuilding should go, but why can’t we have an event where the requirement comes from a mono-red PW (or another colour). If it is because “some players may not have a mono-red walker or a sufficiently large red library”, then don’t make it a coalition event or perhaps figure out how the event design does include code to “lend” a PW and/or a preset build.

    Yeah plague control was the one that had the token animations that everyone hated. The other one had 5 different nodes, the permasupports were mostly lame, but it gave premium packs as objective rewards which was great

  • Larz70
    Larz70 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler

    Hello Lu or @Magic:PQ Support Team

    OMAF start and end dates are Dec. 10 - Dec 12. That's Sunday to Tuesday, it's usually Saturday to Sunday. Also the time doesn't look right, 12 PM to 10 AM, it's usually 12 AM to 10 PM. From the usual schedule, the dates should be:

    Start Time: Dec. 9 00:00 UTC (Saturday midnight)
    End Time: Dec. 10 22:00 UTC (Sunday 10 PM)

    You may need to check the dates of future scheduled events, I'm guessing they are also wrong since I've noticed this happen for the past two months now.

  • DAllofAbove
    DAllofAbove Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

    Will there be a holiday PW sale for 2023?

  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 779 Critical Contributor

    @Magic:PQ Support Team The Fblthp event didn't run yesterday. Care to explain what happened?

  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023

    @Machine said:
    @Magic:PQ Support Team The Fblthp event didn't run yesterday. Care to explain what happened?

    there was one set for the 5th and it ran. i know i played it

  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 779 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023

    @Julie71 said:

    @Machine said:
    @Magic:PQ Support Team The Fblthp event didn't run yesterday. Care to explain what happened?

    there was one set for the 5th and it ran. i know i played it

    It ran the day after, so in the end it did run. It was scheduled for Wednesday, which is the "normal" day for this event. For some reason, it now started on Thursday.

  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

    @Machine said:

    @Julie71 said:

    @Machine said:
    @Magic:PQ Support Team The Fblthp event didn't run yesterday. Care to explain what happened?

    there was one set for the 5th and it ran. i know i played it

    It ran the day after, so in the end it did run. It was scheduled for Wednesday, which is the "normal" day for this event. For some reason, it now started on Thursday.

    I had it on Wednesday eastern standard time. I remember because my granddaughter was home.

  • Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 74 Match Maker

    I’m really bummed that Jumpstart was broken.

  • Skurwyknator
    Skurwyknator Posts: 22 Just Dropped In

    Hi @Sarah
    What do you mean by 'broken'? I haven't noticed anything odd.

  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards

    Hey, @Sarah!
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience with this event. "/
    Can you tell us more about it, so we can fix whatever went wrong?

    Lu

  • Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 74 Match Maker

    Sure! Here are the screenshots! It just never connected to an opponent. It just spun and never resolved.

    Can’t play the event if there’s no opponent to play against. So it was broken.


  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards

    Oh, that's definitely a bummer!

    Would you open a ticket at Customer Support for it, @Sarah? This way we can gather more info to investigate this issue so it doesn't happen to other players and also help you.

    Lu

  • Keyler
    Keyler Posts: 41 Just Dropped In

    @Sarah said:
    Sure! Here are the screenshots! It just never connected to an opponent. It just spun and never resolved.

    Can’t play the event if there’s no opponent to play against. So it was broken.


    This happens a lot in "Revolving Planeswalk" event (at least to me), I have to enter into other node, choose a pw, go back, change between game screens or even close and open again the game and sometimes only try again lot of minutes again works. This happen even more into "Revolving Planeswalk: Phyrexia All Will Be One" version where also for any reason is only one charge per node so if you lose your first game (or game stay searching opponent) you cannot play more till 2 hours. (really I dont know why not all nodes have a charge from the begining, is more fairly to manage the free time to play events)

  • Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 74 Match Maker

    Thanks for sharing your experiences @Keyler but unfortunately those steps did not resolve the problem for me. Still, those things are always worth a try!

  • Sarah
    Sarah Posts: 74 Match Maker

    @Magic:PQ Support Team said:
    Oh, that's definitely a bummer!

    Would you open a ticket at Customer Support for it, @Sarah? This way we can gather more info to investigate this issue so it doesn't happen to other players and also help you.

    Lu

    Thanks Lu! I already did that and the entrance fee was refunded. Still bummed about missing out on the opportunity to win prizes.

  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 779 Critical Contributor
    edited 4 January 2024, 09:27

    @Magic:PQ Support Team Can you please create a new thread every week instead of editing this one? It is annoying to switch between the pages back and forth. Thanks!

  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,931 Chairperson of the Boards

    @Keyler said:

    @Sarah said:
    Sure! Here are the screenshots! It just never connected to an opponent. It just spun and never resolved.

    Can’t play the event if there’s no opponent to play against. So it was broken.


    This happens a lot in "Revolving Planeswalk" event (at least to me), I have to enter into other node, choose a pw, go back, change between game screens or even close and open again the game and sometimes only try again lot of minutes again works. This happen even more into "Revolving Planeswalk: Phyrexia All Will Be One" version where also for any reason is only one charge per node so if you lose your first game (or game stay searching opponent) you cannot play more till 2 hours. (really I dont know why not all nodes have a charge from the begining, is more fairly to manage the free time to play events)

    Yes, this is very annoying and it's something I've brought up to them before