MTGPQ Sneak Peek: January 2024 Edition (Updated 01/02/2024)

Options

Comments

• Sardis
    Sardis Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

A Diamond Tier?

The question then becomes, what should the mastery amount be to define moving to a higher tier for each color?

Perhaps more than one is needed...?

• sherman2
    sherman2 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

If we have a legacy event, a good compromise would be a world reborn. Constant change of events, specially a day before a start time is just stupid.

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Julie71 said:

@Sardis said:
    Basically put: find a way to make the game easier for those just entering Platinum, without hamstring veteran/elite players.

(Create a new tier) either between gold and platinum...or after Platinum.

I think there should be a level above platinum personally

They released a screenshot one time, didn't they, with an icon representing a mastery level above Platinum... anyone have a copy of that?

• Janosik
    edited November 2023
    Options

That new 13 Zombies objective in Routes of Ravnica really demonstrates why the animations in the game need to be speeded up. I particularly hate the way that zombie spawning animations in that node are even slower if you have 2 or less cards in hand because of the node support. It's a classic Oktagon node support... it doesn't make winning or losing more or less likely, it's not at all interesting to build a deck around, all it does is annoy you.

I dread to think how boring new players now find this node... they don't own cards like Tainted Adversary that spawn large amounts of zombies...

• TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Janosik said:

@Julie71 said:

@Sardis said:
    Basically put: find a way to make the game easier for those just entering Platinum, without hamstring veteran/elite players.

They released a screenshot one time, didn't they, with an icon representing a mastery level above Platinum... anyone have a copy of that?

I started a post in 2020 proposing a Diamond tier - could it be around then? https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81612/time-for-a-diamond-league#latest

• Sidhel
    Sidhel Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options

I would gladly recommend more than 1 tier just for all You vets, so You can have time and place to murder one another in legacy events and use all Your fancy cards without making newbies wanna quit after 1 game with omniscience combos. Nobody wants to watch screen for 2min without being able to anything other than leaving game. And I get it - You got Your cards for a reason but ATV is simply as obnoxious as DaBoSS.

• Sidhel
    Options

@Irmãodojorel said:
    Newer players often compete in gold or lower ranks, so you don't see many loop decks in those ranks. Is ATV boring? Hell yeah. But it's one of few events that challenges you to make a perfect deck with perfect moves and think seriously about your strategies. Majority of the events it's for you get the best cards and put with the best Planeswalker and it's done, perfect score. I see this community get used to complaining about everything

I don't think You get it: Friend of mine joined 2 months ago and he is half way from gold to plat. How would You like me to prepare him to get mowed down so he won't leave after 1 plat ATV event? It's not about community complaining It's about making sure there will be community in future so You can still use Your perfect deck to get Your perfect score.

• zzedar
    zzedar Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options

I think, rather than having tier be determined by mastery, they should just let players choose what tier they want to play in; higher tiers will have higher rewards but also stiffer competition, so players can choose their own difficulty level in this way.

• Sidhel
    Options

@zzedar said:
    I think, rather than having tier be determined by mastery, they should just let players choose what tier they want to play in; higher tiers will have higher rewards but also stiffer competition, so players can choose their own difficulty level in this way.

I don't think that would help. And think about some plat vets choosing easier difficulty.

• Sidhel
    Options

Maybe rarity restriction would help?
    1 masterpiece 1 mythic 2 rares 3 uncommon and 3 common? That would limit amount of loop decks. What do you think lads? Or even 0 masterpieces and 3 rares instead?

• Sardis
    Sardis Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

With the number of card duplicates, already having millions of runes and more gold than one knows what to do with...the only think that becomes important to many is perfects and how those perfects affect a coalitions outcome rank wise during coalition events.

You'd likely see the majority of elite/veteran players go bronze...and then bronze would become the next Platinum.

At least, that's how I see things going if a player was permitted to pick what tier they compete in.

• Janosik
    Options

@Sidhel said:

@zzedar said:

I don't think that would help. And think about some plat vets choosing easier difficulty.

This would definitely happen.. it happens now. Altho, you could put a stop to vets playing in lower tiers for an easier ride just by giving them less ribbons for their coalitions in events... at least in coalition events

• Sidhel
    Options

@Sardis said:
    With the number of card duplicates, already having millions of runes and more gold than one knows what to do with...the only think that becomes important to many is perfects and how those perfects affect a coalitions outcome rank wise during coalition events.

You'd likely see the majority of elite/veteran players go bronze...and then bronze would become the next Platinum.

At least, that's how I see things going if a player was permitted to pick what tier they compete in.

Very true, thats why I posted about reward changes before. If vets with their extensive card collections and resources are lazy enough to compete in lower tiers just for ribbons to sustain their status there is no hope for the future of this game. There would be no reason for newbies to stay. Let's see what Webcore will come up with.

• ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'm all for enforced restrictions for events. Also no duplicate walkers for different nodes anymore. That's way better than the useless (or annoying) supports and will increase the "puzzle" element. It will also keep things fresh for veterans and fair for newer players.

@Sidhel

• Sidhel
    Options

@ArielSira said:
    I'm all for enforced restrictions for events. Also no duplicate walkers for different nodes anymore. That's way better than the useless (or annoying) supports and will increase the "puzzle" element. It will also keep things fresh for veterans and fair for newer players.

@Sidhel

Good point man. We've seen Dakkon&Ajani enough times already. Either gut them or restrict PVP events.

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Janosik said:

@Julie71 said:

@Sardis said:

I am going to have to look for it

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 791 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Magic:PQ Support Team Where are the new WoE events? These events have only been run once and you are already talking about / spoiling the next set. March of the Machines was terrible with regards to content related to the set and you are trying to match this with WoE if you continue down this road.

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Magic:PQ Support Team - could you please tell us what the Black Friday/cyber Monday deals are?

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Machine said:
    @Magic:PQ Support Team Where are the new WoE events? These events have only been run once and you are already talking about / spoiling the next set. March of the Machines was terrible with regards to content related to the set and you are trying to match this with WoE if you continue down this road.

They ran two of them and most people didn't like them

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would like it if they ran Into The Wilds more often.