**** Spider-Man: India (Pavitr Prabhakar) ****

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His green drops as a Team-Up, but can't be used, even with webtiles on the board.
    I really wish you'd do some testing, from time to time.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    His green drops as a Team-Up, but can't be used, even with webtiles on the board.
    I really wish you'd do some testing, from time to time.

Does his green put something on the board I'm missing?

As far as I can tell it just does damage.

• Bowgentle
    edited November 2023
    Options

Yeah damage based on existing web tiles.
    So, no reason it shouldn't work as a team up.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 954 Critical Contributor
    Options

In Welcome to Shield, his Chai Break interrupted Scarlet Witch's Reality Crush stun.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2023
    Options

After playing him in the Welcome event, he looks awesome! He can easily create lots of web tiles, which then triggers his ability dmg reduction (taking it down to 1) and then his green hits like a boosted Omega! And he was just at level 270 AND his green was set to level 3. This guy will be nuts as a 5-star!!

EDIT Consider this: you ascend both him and SM2099. They create web tiles very fast, which triggers Chai Break from enemy passive ability dmg. Once you have 8 green, you nuke the entire team and win.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His traps are a bit slow to get to started on web tile generation, but I think that, much like 2099, he is definitely one of the best options for flooding the board with webbing.

It is also interesting to me that his web DR doesn't seem to cnsume web tiles. he just absorbs the damage and stuns the opponent. that will make him annoying in some match 2 environments (and in the 1v1 mirror match!), since he needs to be stunned if you can't down him quickly with match damage. So in that respect is a good addition if the goal is a rock-paper-scissors meta.

• bbigler
    edited November 2023
    Options

From the Welcome to Shield….

His green is a 1-shot TEAM KILL. I imagine at level 5 it deals around 7500 per web tile plus 25% for each Chai break. With SM2099….

Match a black, blue or yellow => 3 webs
    Match India’s trap tile => 3 webs
    Match a trap that’s black, blue or yellow => 6 webs
    Get a cascade of the above => 6+ webs
    Enemy matches a trap => 6 webs
    *and he makes new traps every turn

So, can everyone see how easy it is to get web tiles, anywhere from 3 - 9 per turn. Let’s say you have 10 webs when you fire his green, that’s a 75K AOE. And that’s with Chai Breaks at 0. Against passive dmg dealers (which is very common), those breaks can hit 4 or even 8, which would double or triple the AOE. Are you all seeing the potential here?

Let’s compare to Gwenom’s admittedly powerful multi-hit red nuke: With 16 webs, she can hit for 8 x 19K (at level 450) => 152K total. At the same level, SM India could hit for 120K AOE => 360K total. Add in Chai Breaks and that maxes out at 360K AOE => 1.08 Million total! And that’s at level 450.

In PvE, you can use supports to instantly get the 8 green, so that way you only focus on getting web tiles. Also, his green AOE dmg has no limit on the number of web tiles. Plus, this guy can take a hit; he can simultaneously block dmg, stun and heal. A 3rd partner could be 4-star Miles or Silk or Gwenom.

EDIT: I guess my point here is that it wouldn’t be a bad idea to favorite this guy and ascend him ASAP. His potential is very great

• Vhailorx
    Options

Let's see what he looks like as a 5* before assume the shield training numbers will hold.

That said, he certainly does seem like he may play up in practice after the first few shield training nodes. He can produce enough tiles to fuel himself without extreme difficulty, DOESN'T consume web tiles for offense or defense so he can be spammed, and is effectively resistent to ability damage after the first few turns of a match. All very promising. He could still use a green battery and someone to protect him from match damage (which will presumably be the preferred way of killing him). So IM40 + Colossus?

• bbigler
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Vhailorx
    I wouldn’t use IM40 in either PVP or PVE. Supports can provide the AP you need in PVE and PVP is a pick-2 game.

• Vhailorx
    Options

@bbigler said:
    @Vhailorx
    I wouldn’t use IM40 in either PVP or PVE. Supports can provide the AP you need in PVE and PVP is a pick-2 game.

He is definitely not optimal (interesting that 6ap to wait 2 turns and produce 36 ap is no longer viable in the current meta), but i was going for a 3*, 4*, 5* team to be inclusive. I also though about rulk as a green battery/defensive deterrent.

• Bowgentle
    Options

How is he NOT a feeder? Stop doing that, BCS.

• Vhailorx
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    How is he NOT a feeder? Stop doing that, BCS.

I find it so interesting that BCS prioritized backfilling the feeders early on (it was a great way to generate player good will), but apparently didn't assign anyone to do whatever work is necessary to make sure that each new release has a feeder plan in place at release. I think we are now up to 4 or 5 5* releases without feeders. I guess in the long run it just means more retro rewards, but it seems like such a relatively easy thing to implement moving forward (though maybe I am wrong and it is super dev-time intensive).

• Vhailorx
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    This guy is really, really good.

Also, he's the Gwenom partner we didn't have. He's a great passive web spammer, he has no active overlap, and -- and this is the big one -- due to Gwen's "bad" passive, he'll tank EVERYTHING.

Spider-Man India wants to be in front all the time so Chai Break will fire, preventing damage and pumping up his green. At 5* I think this will be a good pick-2.

I agree that he seems solid, both in 4* land and eventually as a 5*. And yes, he does seem to cover up most of gwenom's deficiencies without too much overlap or redundancy.

I think he will be a little vulnerable to anyone with boosted match damage or a decent stun, but that's more feature than bug as we want teams that are strong on offense but not horrible to fight against.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 954 Critical Contributor
    Options

Keep in mind that Chai Break only triggers from ability damage.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Is there a consensus on cover distribution?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MoosePrime said:
    Keep in mind that Chai Break only triggers from ability damage.

This is a good point, but also "ability damage" includes a whole pile of (often inconsistent) stuff.

• Vhailorx
    Options

@Zarqa said:
    Is there a consensus on cover distribution?

I would think 3/5/5 or 5/3/5 if you plan to use the green. Not sure yet how much practical difference 3-->5 makes on web tile gen, nor how often the stun will proc.

5/5/3 may even be viable if the green damage boosters go high enough. I don't see 4/4/5 as viable as bof the blue and purple get a big benefit at 5 covers.

• bbigler
    Options

I would build 5/3/5. Ability dmg should include passives, like Polaris, Juggs, Medusa, etc