Spider man India is the new 4* star

Options
MultipleMan98
MultipleMan98 Posts: 61 Match Maker
edited November 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Wonder if he'll finally be the venomsaurus feeder or if he'll feed one of the 5* Peter Parkers

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe spider-punk can be a 5*?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

Fitting way to cap off an underwhelming anniversary, our 42nd spider character.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Oh dear. "Mum's the word" refers to Mumbai?!?

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Seriously? Another spider character!? Let’s just call it Spider Puzzle Quest. :(

• TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'm generally pretty upbeat about announcements, but I can't think of a less welcome addition than another Spider-Man variant - this one with absolutely no interesting powers or tech, from a character perspective.
    At this point I would welcome 5* Aunt May or Mary Jane just to stop this endless parade of Spideys - frankly what we need is a support character who grants crazy buffs to Spider-Family allies, to make the dozens we already have relevant.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't really care who he is, but what does he do? With Ascension, 4* are relevant (and some of them are REALLY REALLY relevant) so it actually matters if he's good.

Why don't they post the powersets here anymore?

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't really care who he is, but what does he do? With Ascension, 4* are relevant (and some of them are REALLY REALLY relevant) so it actually matters if he's good.

Why don't they post the powersets here anymore?

I think it's early yet. They put up a picture on Instagram, that's all for announcements so far. Hopefully they'll put up something tomorrow.

My initial response was "seriously, another Spider-Man variant?!?" but then I really thought about it... he is quite literally the second character of Central Asian descent in the game (after Kamala Khan,) so that's a thing...

• bbigler
    Options

I’m tired of the spider-verse, I would welcome zombie strange though

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am happy they went with the Across the Spider-Verse version. He was quite charming.

@Vhailorx said:
    Maybe spider-punk can be a 5*?

I hope so!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think it's good that we have another character from Asia - this game and super heroes in general are pretty lacking geographically for non-US based people.

Not so keen on another Spider-Man when we don't have a top tier Peter Parker but I get the timing for Diwali and that 2023 is SPIDER year.

Very sad no Werewolf by Night for Halloween. :(

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options

Love it. While my preference would be more Spidey villains I'll happily accept Spidey variants!

• kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options

I’m probably in the minority here but I love new Spider-Man additions. Personally I’d prefer a new Venom or Symbiote suit Spider-Man, but Spider-Man India was great in Across the Spiderverse

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm all in on a Man-Spider (sorry 5* Miles, not you)

• bbigler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I think it's good that we have another character from Asia - this game and super heroes in general are pretty lacking geographically for non-US based people.

What do you expect? Marvel is an American made comic - so I would expect most characters to also be American. If a TV show is Japanese made, then I would expect most characters to be Japanese. I don’t expect non-US countries to include Americans in their advertising or products, nor am I offended if they don’t. If I played a game based on Indian characters or culture, then I expect them to be true to their culture and not try to pander to everyone else.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

MPQ's playerbase is significantly more international than you might expect, and Marvel itself is hugely successful and popular all over the world.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,960 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MultipleMan98 said:

@entrailbucket said:
    MPQ's playerbase is significantly more international than you might expect, and Marvel itself is hugely successful and popular all over the world.

Ya I'm Irish and I'm still waiting for my Banshee representation

You might be luckier than you know. As a Canadian, my 2 representations are Puck :'( and Northstar :'(

KGB

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,501 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Ya I'm Irish and I'm still waiting for my Banshee representation

You might be luckier than you know. As a Canadian, my 2 representations are Puck :'( and Northstar :'(

KGB

There's also Wolverine, though that's still not what I'd call a lot. Certainly I'd love more Alpha Flight representation myself, I enjoyed that book.

This discussion has been closed.