Black Knight vs Ikaris?

Options
Chuck42grr
Chuck42grr Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

Is this a joke? Black Knight barely does damage and Ikaris won’t stay on the ground.

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Impossible to play. First Quandary and the this. They must totally hate their player base.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options

It goes to show some of the character power designs are really terrible on solo, and especially vs certain type of opponent. Took me almost forever to beat it. And yeah, the devs designing the match is really a masochist. Just saying.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Failed on my first go, then used boosts and it was touch and go on one, easy on the other.

I thought it was quite a well designed match up.

Assuming the aim was to show how weak Black Knight is and how even his slightly interesting ability to take to the air is done much better by others.

While we're having a well earned whinge - why can't one airborne character damage another?

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I lost the first time, then used boosts and denied purple. Sent black knight airborne if Ikaris went airborne. His protect tiles helped. Was still close on both matches.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yeah, you have to deny purple, and ideally red.

Neither of which help Black Knight obvs.

It really is a nasty match up.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I haven't tried it yet but if this was actually a Marvel Comic fight then it would be pretty accurate with Ikaris swatting Black Knight, lol.

Black Knight really is a hot mess, Can we please get him re-designed to focus more on his magic sword and less on whatever the hell else it is he does?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Was ok for my 370, but man, having both characters airborne is pretty dumb.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It is sort of dumb that having two characters airborne doesn't cancel each other out.

But then it is extra dumb that being airborne also makes you invulnerable to everything (including characters who can also fly but don't go airborne for some reason and have hi-tech targeting systems or are famous for shooting things a long way away) apart from some cranky English lady who has a shotgun.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

Good to see I wasn't the only one who was staring at the game after being whooped.
    I'll chuck some boosts at it when I have another go.
    Happy anniversary everyone!!!
    And we get to do it twice!
    Perfect start to a Monday

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

Black Knight really is a hot mess, Can we please get him re-designed to focus more on his magic sword and less on whatever the hell else it is he does?

Yes he is a mess. No, don't expect a change any time soon!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

denying red was definitely the move, but yeah BK is extremely weak. Then over on the Burrito it was the Puck showcase, who shockingly wasn't quite as bad when he is the character tanking most colors.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The cynic in me is thinking this will skew the rebalance vote by reminding the player base that Black Knight exists.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    denying red was definitely the move, but yeah BK is extremely weak. Then over on the Burrito it was the Puck showcase, who shockingly wasn't quite as bad when he is the character tanking most colors.

He still hasn't made a single match when I used his green, and he's been out for 18 months.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

All I hear is that Black Knight should receive everyone's rebalance vote and we can move off of Jane getting a rebalance. Thanks for your cooperation 😉

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

He still hasn't made a single match when I used his green, and he's been out for 18 months.

I think I had a match from his green once, but it wasn't a color he was tanking (even with the green ability's boost).

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I won both battles on my first attempt using a level 83 Black Knight with a level 250 Chewie. It was close though and if BK couldn’t go airborne or protect himself from death, I would have lost.

• The_dogma
    The_dogma Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options

Green/black AP boost, all AP boost, and Taskmasters Blade got me there with a level 70 Black Knight. Being able to fire off powers before Ikaris with the damage boost from the sword got me there decently fast

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,960 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

After reading this thread, I also equipped my R3 Chewie and won both matchups with my L300 Black Knight handily (one right after the other with no health pack requirement). Taskmaster Sword probably also a useful support to have.

KGB

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It was a pain, but I was one and done both times.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:
    After reading this thread, I also equipped my R3 Chewie and won both matchups with my L300 Black Knight handily (one right after the other with no health pack requirement). Taskmaster Sword probably also a useful support to have.

KGB

Yep. I blindly put Taskmaster sword on any time I see the fight is against a hero.