So yeah.. about the 10th anniversary

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,951 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

It's an interesting question that I doubt we'll find out the answer to. Do they have everything planned out and organized, and they're just terrible at telling us about it? Or are they overwhelmed working on this stuff, and the communication is the best they know?

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's what I've been waiting for, that's what it's all about

Everyone that keeps complaining about no communication don’t realize that this is just a mobile game. How many mobile games out there have a development team that actually communicates with their play base as much as BCS does with theirs? I mean really, we’ve been spoiled by all the communication that they have done so really just need to stop using it as a crutch and blaming the devs for not telling us things when there’s probably not many mobile games out there where this type of interaction is available.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 262 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

@bigjojo04 said:
    Everyone that keeps complaining about no communication don’t realize that this is just a mobile game. How many mobile games out there have a development team that actually communicates with their play base as much as BCS does with theirs? I mean really, we’ve been spoiled by all the communication that they have done so really just need to stop using it as a crutch and blaming the devs for not telling us things when there’s probably not many mobile games out there where this type of interaction is available.

That’s presumptuous. I fully realize it. But: 1) the communication has changed from what was the norm before, 2) when asked about it, they say it hasn’t, they're just busy, 3) the communication they do put out recently is incorrect (new character descriptions, what’s new post, comments on discord, and more. I think it’s entirely reasonable to point this out and discuss these things on a forum about the game. No crutches needed.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

@Zarqa said:

@bigjojo04 said:

That’s presumptuous. I fully realize it. But: 1) the communication has changed from what was the norm before, 2) when asked about it, they say it hasn’t, they're just busy, 3) the communication they do put out recently is incorrect (new character descriptions, what’s new post, comments on discord, and more. I think it’s entirely reasonable to point this out and discuss these things on a forum about the game. No crutches needed.

Not to mention that "just a mobile game" has reached it's 10th year of service and there's still enough of a customer base here to be angry about what we feel it didn't deliver. Official communication has gotten really piss poor and you can open up as many channels of communication as you wish but it NEEDS to be understood that the best of those will always be firm, exact postings (preferably here!). This wishy-washy "Well, I told you this because I thought it was this but I was wrong" **** needs to go.

This game is still profitable and still has a vibrant player base, I think it's alright to complain a bit about what we think could be done better. I'm well over the conversation that we're lucky to get what we get and would rather support the idea that we (the players) are doing our best to enjoy the game that BCS give us, even if that means when something sucks we say it sucks.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

Other game I play had it's 8th anniversary right now.
    2 weeks, some bonus, some special call voted by players, some nice bundles and already moved to Halloween. That's all.
    And that's what all other games are about.
    It's hilarious how other players can complain when they get an awesome and pretty special treat.
    Give them more and they'll want triple.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The Good:
    Double ISO
    Quandry ISO
    ISO lightning deals
    Pick 1 5-star deals
    Metassential vault
    Ascension
    Dr Bong
    More support tokens and rewards

The Bad & The Ugly:
    Quandry introductory event
    Quandry Boss event - twice!
    Difficulty of all things related to Quandry
    Ascension bug for people that didn’t benefit
    Lack of communication about ascension
    Disappointing Anniversary vault
    Grandma Peggy
    Too many deals to scroll through!
    Too many simultaneous events!

Saying that you don’t have to play all events is like saying you don’t have to work overtime even though it pays double. Because you want the extra cash, you work the overtime even though you don’t like it.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

@Bad said:
    2 weeks, some bonus, some special call voted by players, some nice bundles and already moved to Halloween. That's all.
    It's hilarious how other players can complain when they get an awesome and pretty special treat.

So... because a game you play did a lackluster anniversary, we're supposed to feel blessed? I know you're not trying to force a false equivalency here so what is your actual point?

Those of us that still care to post here KNOW that we're playing a good game with good devs and blahblahblah we're all nice and hoping for the best really I think, even if some of us are more punchy with our means of communication. That doesn't mean we need to shut down critical feedback, if anything we should be giving more!

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 95 Match Maker
    Options
    My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

@Timemachinego said:

@Bad said:

So... because a game you play did a lackluster anniversary, we're supposed to feel blessed? I know you're not trying to force a false equivalency here so what is your actual point?

Those of us that still care to post here KNOW that we're playing a good game with good devs and blahblahblah we're all nice and hoping for the best really I think, even if some of us are more punchy with our means of communication. That doesn't mean we need to shut down critical feedback, if anything we should be giving more!

Yeeah I never understood the "you should be grateful" trope. There will always be games that have it worse, and there will always be games that have it better, it's a pointless comparison. As you correctly pointed out, we simply want to see MPQ to do better :smile:

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

When MPQ is already light years ahead of other mobile games in terms of “doing better” how much “better” do you expect it to get? Do you want them to just send us all of their internal notes of what they’re doing?

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited October 2023
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    When MPQ is already light years ahead of other mobile games in terms of “doing better” how much “better” do you expect it to get? Do you want them to just send us all of their internal notes of what they’re doing?

I want them to communicate as much as they did after they took over initially. To even argue that their communication did not continously diminish over the last half a year is simply dishonest.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

@bigjojo04 said:

Probably something like that.
    There's no other game when you can ask them questions monthly.
    They aren't legally bounded to do that, of course. Former devs never did something like that every month, they never answered a quarter of the questions they already did.
    But some players feel entitled enough to probably demand a 24 hours line direct call with them (although knowing that they are minority).
    And no matter how much they complain about it, they won't get it simply because is an absurd demand.
    Just enjoy (or not) this anniversary which, believe me or not, it's pretty good.
    And look at the poll, 75% until now of people are the realistic type.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Once the anniversary ends and the double ISO is done. I'm taking a break.

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

This anniversary I went from one maxed 5* to 3 (had Okoe, now have all 3 Fan Favorites). I moved 3 or 4 supports to 5* due to HP lightning vaults. I'm playing almost 10 years (started aroud Xmas first year of MPQ) and had no stone supports so far. Now I have one and second should be delivered soon. I got several roster slots from rewards and lots of iso so it's no problem that I stopped selling maxed 2 and 3* waiting for their ascending possibility. Overall, I do not see much to complain.
    Yes, I allways can say I want more free stuff. But if I got everything free where would be my motivation to play this game? So far my motivation is to place high to get rewards to improve my roster and collect all characters.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve been largely into it, but my expectations are pretty low. Regarding the communication thing, people are complaining relative to the early BCS comms and presence here I imagine rather than comparing it to other titles. They came on pretty strong in a way that I never felt was sustainable.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’ve been largely into it, but my expectations are pretty low. Regarding the communication thing, people are complaining relative to the early BCS comms and presence here I imagine rather than comparing it to other titles. They came on pretty strong in a way that I never felt was sustainable.

So did Demi for the first 18 months.
    I see a pattern there.
    I still think there's a happy medium somewhere between "daily updates" and. "Not updating the what's new" thread in two months.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:

Probably many players wanted vaults like the past year, just pull and pull and reset and reset, but sorry, that was really exceptional and these games don't work like that.

What? You can still do that this year. It's the content that's rubbish and even more diluted than it has been for the previous 9 years. If I had a billion HP I could still pull and reset as in previous years.

Almost every single year the content for where the game was in its lifespan has been pretty decent. This year the anniversary vault has been rubbish. Up to 120 pulls from 100, which means you cannot reset the vault on daily deals as fast, moved the FF tokens out, moved the 5* out. Which is odd considering the valuer of 5* covers has never been lower.

Meta vaults are ok.

I've spent very little this year compared to previous years.

The rest of the anniversary I've been underwhelmed by. I think the 80 day build up didn't help, I was burnt out on all that extra pvp before it even started. The extra pve content after, has made it feel like a job.

Not the worst anniversary for me but it's pretty close to being it. They have done a great job HP gouging on Support vaults before they make a path to levelling them.

People also seem happy to be getting master tokens from the anniversary but that had already started doing events to get them before. That's a welcome addition anyway.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

I very much enjoyed this anniversary.

Ascension was/is a game changing feature. Look forward to seeing the rest of the characters rolled out.

Vaults overall were slightly less generous than last season but had a lot more variety in terms of what you could get. Last season it rained 5s. This season you could use HP to get 5s and the much more elusive 5 supports.

The changes to classics from a couple of months ago along with Colossus, SWitch and Cyclops being featured was great for me. Moved all of them up near the top of my roster.

First run of Quandary was a lot of fun for me. Second run lost some luster, felt a little grindy.

My roster made some really solid progress, ISO rained down. I had a good time.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Clearly a lot of effort went into the 10 year anniversary by the devs. I do recognize and appreciate it!

ISO opportunities was the biggest boon for me this anniversary. Between the available 5-star shards in vaults, and burning through my CP hoard, I champed a lot of classics and no longer have an ISO deficit at the 5-star level (still significant ISO deficit at all other levels).

The metassential vaults were generally very good, but the anniversary vault not so much. Would have liked more metassential vaults or ability to refresh as I'm still left with a lot of HP that I had saved up for the anniversary event.

Lightning deals were awesome.

Picked up a lot of higher level supports, including two new stones!

Community challenges and rewards were also awesome, though got a little grindy.

Quandary - A for effort, C- for implementation. Could be ok with a few tweaks.

Ascension is interesting, but I'm not currently in a position to really take advantage of it yet.

I'm a bit worn out from the anniversary, but overall was a solid month of celebration.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

personally i thought it kind of suck but i overhype this every year

not sure how but i think i blew around 90,000 hp

Not sure how they say champ are not forcing people to buy slots i went from 300 slots to 381 so 81 slots would cost me what 81000 hp so there is where most my hp went

really dont matter anymore cause most days i just play 2 or 3 deadpool 1 pvp match and wait till last 24 hours to start any pve

mostly done with game but bored what you expect after 9 years.. what sad is i remember setting the clock just to get up to make my clears years ago.. champ 2.0 was neat when first told but bored of it already

im guessing the level up supports will suck just as much as champ 2.0 though after having almost 300k in red iso im down to almost 0 due to vaults and buying 5 stars

overall like said it was pretty lame to me. maybe a new player would thought it was neat doing all the daily but mostly bored with game now