So yeah.. about the 10th anniversary

Options
Domitronas
Domitronas Posts: 94 Match Maker
edited October 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Would like the see what the consensus is regarding the big 10 year celebration. Personally and my alliance wise, we're all extremely dummed out. The first batch of ascended characters was interesting the say the least, however there's been radio silence on how they think it went, when the next batch is coming, etc. Not to mention the worse-than-last-year vaults, rerun of the exact same (albeit new) boss event, normal lenght pvp season with 2 week long season rewards track, and the list goes on. But boy oh boy there's sure plenty of deals for that sweet cash.

So yeah.. about the 10th anniversary 83 votes

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined
8%
DyingLegendqandolsKahmondianeticstoecutter3095DomitronasSithShaft 7 votes
I mean... it's alright
62%
ColognoisseurkillercoolxKOBALTxentrailbucketSeasick PirateMarkotStevO-JVhailorxMoosePrimeMikeG72WarbringaLavaManLeeCodexCrowlDaSalbluewolfAlfje17JaGothechairmanturbomoose 52 votes
That's what I've been waiting for, that's what it's all about
12%
JangoLoreZalastabonny79KGBrevskipChrynos1989NeroMilmaniasHollisbigjojo04 10 votes
Apathetic for one reason or another
14%
KolencebaarzofrachraziraphaleJackDeath666primetime21Walter2017JorrexEienRyuuwill7612amberdrake2002kuntilanak 12 votes
When it comes to 10th MPQ anniversary... (results)
2%
ScofieDomsouth04 2 votes

Comments

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    Apathetic for one reason or another

Well, just a big 'meh' overall... but i do agree that the sales deals were "overwhelming" :D

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Omegased said:
    I can't even think of what else you'd want?

More communication.
    They dropped that anniversary graphic a few weeks ago, since then: radio silence.
    It's not how you want to celebrate your ten year anniversary I think.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 574 Critical Contributor
    Options

Communicating what tho?

Everything that was communicated then, has happened.

• Bowgentle
    Options

...yeah, I'm out.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Omegased said:
    I can't even think of what else you'd want?

More communication.
    They dropped that anniversary graphic a few weeks ago, since then: radio silence.
    It's not how you want to celebrate your ten year anniversary I think.

You've not met my ex-wife... 🤣

After typing this I thought to myself "hmm, maybe I should direct my wife here..." :D

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

I feel like every year folks are super disappointed with the anniversary for whatever reason. The first anniversary was killer, and every one after that has basically been fine.

What are some things people would like to see in an anniversary event? What would make it not underwhelming for you?

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 94 Match Maker
    edited October 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I feel like every year folks are super disappointed with the anniversary for whatever reason. The first anniversary was killer, and every one after that has basically been fine.

What are some things people would like to see in an anniversary event? What would make it not underwhelming for you?

Since you're voicing the same question as Omegased did above you, I'll jump in and share.

For me, this whole anniversary was about change that I was so very much hoping for. Back in the August Q&A user Pezza80 asked "why has communication ceased?", and the answer we were given at the time was "We don't believe communication has ceased. <...> We can say for certain that if key team members haven't been as active lately it's due to some BIG projects that are scheduled to go live very soon. <...>". 2 months later, and I believe the sentiment continues to be the same. The pro-active communication is almost non-existent. As far as I know, based on my alliance, the discord, etc., many people feel the exact same way.

Now I think it is safe to assume that at least SOME of these big projects are the 10th anniversary stuff, the ascension stuff, the quandary event. However, these things came and went, yet the communication remains as scarce as it was.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, been playing it for years, and I certainly supported the team by jumping onto some of the $ deals. Still, a part of me feels betrayed seeing how we get ascended 5* Iron Man 1 for 25 bucks in the shop before we get any official comment from the devs regarding the buggy launch of the feature.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's what I've been waiting for, that's what it's all about

I’ve thus far obtained 75 5* covers this month, which is nearly double what I earned last anniversary so I’m very pleased, not to mention the 11 4* I champed and 3 5* I’ve champed this month.

You’re never going to please everyone, and there’s always people that are going to **** on things just to **** on things. Just how the world works.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

It's the best anniversary ever, worthy of celebrating the decade. Really really long, offering a great amount of resources totally gifted: new 4* character covers, fan favorite tokens, pick one 4* cover or 5* shards, etc...
    Awesome rewards earned with community effort: 2 stone supports, a lot of 5* shards, a vote for to rebalance a character who otherwise never would be (remember gacha games always just rebalance a bad character for selling him better after, and not a meta character chosen by players).
    Great daily vaults offering resources just for all types of players with a relative cheap price. Great meta essential vaults too for all type of players.
    And the new ascended system.
    Communication is no good? To the point I know they aren't forced to communicate in forum by any contract, and also obviously they are preparing their next batches for their so important feature ensuring the product is good, characters are balanced and there aren't flaws.
    Probably many players wanted vaults like the past year, just pull and pull and reset and reset, but sorry, that was really exceptional and these games don't work like that.
    Anyone thinking otherwise, imo is totally failing to grasp how good this anniversary is.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This year is legit bad.
    The vaults last year were top choice and now we have a fat vault with **** rewards.
    The weekly vaults were...okayish the first week by far the best.

This whole event was about pushing buyers (which I am one of) to spend. The devs like the entire last year did not give us a heads up. Wow amazing...if you want to know about the game go to reddit or discord because the official forums don't matter.

We have a **** boss run two times and a **** boss primer runs two times.

We should have had a month of double ISO for pve and 2 weeks are burned by **** events people dont want to engage in.

There is bonus ISO if you spend an hour or 2 farming **** to get it. Great.

This was marketed as a celebration, but its more like a torture chore. I mean last year we got Arcade a bad 5* now we get Peggy an even worse 5*.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

I guess I just don't really expect anything?

The dropoff from the 1st anniversary to the 2nd anniversary was crazy -- that was very disappointing -- and they've all been pretty underwhelming since. But I know that and I've known it for 8 years or whatever.

So I'm happy to get some extra stuff, and some better deals that they wouldn't normally sell.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

I got some good work done on my roster but that's kind of what this whole anniversary has been: work.

Is it cool to see my hoarding for this event to pay off with a bunch of levels on my most important characters? Of course! But that's also really the bare minimum of what we expect to be able to do during anniversary season.

Quandary is severely un-fun, I'm not even bothering with the difficult puzzles this time around. The first time or two the puzzles were novel and interesting but having them shoved down my throat round after round took novelty and turned it into relentless tedium.

Ascension is pretty neat in theory but quite hampered by the slow roll out. This seems to be the most consistent thing about BCS; neat ideas, poor execution. Is that better than Demi's neat execution and poor ideas? Mostly yes, but I wish they could shape it up. As it stands I'm having to do more roster planning and vine management than I have since I was a 4* player... something I do not miss at all.

The various vaults have been pretty slap-dash and, given very little notice about anything, difficult to plan around. There's also no reason at all that the event-long vault should ever reset, the whole point of a vault like that is that people get the chance to make steady progress on it throughout the whole "celebration" period.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

It was more or less what I expected and was fine, but I have two complaints:

1) Past anniversaries have emphasized saving Command Points (CP) for the Fan Favorites. This year I wish I had more Hero Points (HP) to spend in the vaults with guaranteed 5★ Supports, but they took me by surprise (and I now need to spend my HP purchasing a bunch of roster slots for Ascension.)

2) I still wish it was more clear & obvious which characters to use on which days to earn tokens for the vaults. I can use anyone for 10th Anniversary Vault tokens, certain characters for Hispanic Heritage Month (which didn't last a month?), then some characters for Metassential Mini Vault (but then those stopped working?), but I'm not supposed to use Carol for Carol's Communicator Vault, and there's no one I'm supposed to be using for Skrulluminati Vault tokens, right?

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

Hispanic Heritage month starts halfway through September and runs halfway through October. Which is dumb.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 262 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I mean... it's alright

@Domitronas said:

@entrailbucket said:

Since you're voicing the same question as Omegased did above you, I'll jump in and share.

For me, this whole anniversary was about change that I was so very much hoping for. Back in the August Q&A user Pezza80 asked "why has communication ceased?", and the answer we were given at the time was "We don't believe communication has ceased. <...> We can say for certain that if key team members haven't been as active lately it's due to some BIG projects that are scheduled to go live very soon. <...>". 2 months later, and I believe the sentiment continues to be the same. The pro-active communication is almost non-existent. As far as I know, based on my alliance, the discord, etc., many people feel the exact same way.

Now I think it is safe to assume that at least SOME of these big projects are the 10th anniversary stuff, the ascension stuff, the quandary event. However, these things came and went, yet the communication remains as scarce as it was.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, been playing it for years, and I certainly supported the team by jumping onto some of the $ deals. Still, a part of me feels betrayed seeing how we get ascended 5* Iron Man 1 for 25 bucks in the shop before we get any official comment from the devs regarding the buggy launch of the feature.

@Domitronas said:

@entrailbucket said:

You’ve voiced almost exactly how I am feeling. But interestingly, it’s not tied to the anniversary for me. I actually think the anniversary has been fine. But I’m also one of the few who’s enjoying the Quandary Boss event. The last month so far has been okay with me, and I made a lot of progress in my roster while having fun.

But I fully agree with you on the disappointment of communication in the past six months. It’s been really frustrating. And they just launched an official discord, so my hopes were briefly up that it would get better. But then the last week they gave flat out wrong information there about the Meta Vault, annoying a lot of seasoned players and making them waste resources.

I honestly think they’re in over their heads and are bogged down by an aggressive new feature release schedule with not enough QC, leading to bad communication on multiple fronts.