DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

5 star Dr Strange or Thanos are my vote

Both deserve so much better

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,952 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Grizwald said:
    Could we get all the 5* rebalanced with updated health and match damage? Leave their powers alone for now.

I asked about this in one of the Q&As and they said they can't/won't do it because match damage is related to powers, or something (I didn't understand the reasoning).

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Grizwald said:
    Could we get all the 5* rebalanced with updated health and match damage? Leave their powers alone for now.

I asked about this in one of the Q&As and they said they can't/won't do it because match damage is related to powers, or something (I didn't understand the reasoning).

I remember back in the day when they adjusted all characters health and match damage. Wish it would just oblige this way again as well…10 year old game, give one crumb at a time.

Either way, good thread so far.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zalasta said:
    A lot of assumptions that the community will select a 5 star to rebalance. So many characters are desperate for a rebalance. I hope that the devs increase the rate of rebalances going forward.

That said will the casual player base even understand what rebalancing a character entails?

Dr. Strange has health that is frankly embarrassing, his yellow power is so over costed and his purple should be immune to Jane so he would be my top pick.

Otherwise the 5* tier needs a top Spidey in my opinion, so either one getting buffed properly would be good.

• vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options

There's a lot of guys that need updates but I'd like to see 5* Strange or Old Man Logan made useful again.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Nice layout @fight4thedream

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    My vote would be for Clint... But only because Hawkeye is my favorite comic book hero, and it would be great to be able to use him more.

But I've also got several 1* Hawkeyes taking up slots in hopes he'll get a third power, rebalance, and ascension status so I'll be able to get him as a 5* if/when it becomes possible... So I might be biased on my vote.

Pre-nerf Gambit might fit in better with the current top characters... That may not be true, but current Gambit could use a boost.

Lastly, I'm currently rewatching Daredevil on Disney+ so he's on my mind as someone I wouldn't mind seeing get some attention.

If you're NOT getting use out of HE since Kang has come around then you might need to look at your options again. I'd prefer someone who is almost useful but needs some help along like BSSM, Goblin or DD personally.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • 5* Black Widow (her passive might as well not exist because you can’t take advantage of it unless you miraculously stun your own characters. All her powers cost 10 or more except purple which only drops to a minimum of 7 with enemy CDs on the field. And the extra “Ifs” on those powers are incredibly obscure.)
    • 5* Black Panther (I can make this strange and outdated kit work with Northstar and now 5* Magneto. But this kit is quite convuluted and much like 5* BW, the extra condition on his yellow is quite obscure)
    • 5* Knull (he’s basically a giant HP meat shield. His black is truly ****-worthy. Ammortal Coil simply costs too much because by the time you get to use it, one of the other characters are dead. And when only one opposing character is left, it does nothing)
    • 5* moon knight (all of his powers cost 10 AP. Come on man)
    • Odin (other than Abagail, he’s got the worst kit in the tier. It’s so convuluted. And even when it works, it’s not good. Odin’s Blessing is the most convoluted way to do Black Bolts Silent King power with a fortified strike ever)
    • Black Suit Spider-Man (I contend that if you give him the Phoenix treatment, he’ll be really good)
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Knull is pretty good if you have him at 550 and he's boosted. Pair him with apoc to boost all the ticks of damage he's doing. In fact when apoc is boosted but not knull I'll still run those 2.

• Pantera236
    Options

Having said that he could still use a pass but I don't think he should be high on the list.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

“If he is at 550 and boosted” is perhaps the weakest defense of a character being “fine” that I can think of lol. Knull is just a bag of health points, he needs a rework.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I have somehow stumbled into being able to champ Hela shortly, no idea how it happened or what she does but she would also be a good choice as it is convenient for me! 😀😀

• DAZ0273
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    “If he is at 550 and boosted” is perhaps the weakest defense of a character being “fine” that I can think of lol. Knull is just a bag of health points, he needs a rework.

Like being at 550 isn't enough, lol!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Hela is a cool design that’s a bit undertuned I think. She punishes green in the bank, but not so aggressively it matters, and she pumps up SAPS when you down an enemy, again not so much it matters. She would have been fun against the revive meta with just a few tweaks.

• Pantera236
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Lots of people have him at 550 so not sure why that's such a week defense, also in my next comment I said he could use a rework just not a higher priority than the others.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There were 2 characters with colossus SW: cyclops and knull.
    All the people having a maxed knull is only because they thought he was less bad.

• Pantera236
    Options

You guys are missing my point. I'll say it one more time, he needs a rework just not more than a lot of the other ones.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@Blackstone said:
    My vote would be for Clint... But only because Hawkeye is my favorite comic book hero, and it would be great to be able to use him more.

But I've also got several 1* Hawkeyes taking up slots in hopes he'll get a third power, rebalance, and ascension status so I'll be able to get him as a 5* if/when it becomes possible... So I might be biased on my vote.

Pre-nerf Gambit might fit in better with the current top characters... That may not be true, but current Gambit could use a boost.

Lastly, I'm currently rewatching Daredevil on Disney+ so he's on my mind as someone I wouldn't mind seeing get some attention.

If you're NOT getting use out of HE since Kang has come around then you might need to look at your options again. I'd prefer someone who is almost useful but needs some help along like BSSM, Goblin or DD personally.

I'm getting use out of Clint. With multiple partners. Didn't say I wasn't. I would just like to see his health/damage looked at for more survivability... And I'd love for him to be the focus rather than just a good partner for a few others. Not likely to happen, and I'm ok with that.

If there was an actual vote in front of me right now... I'd probably vote for GE Doom because it's a crime he doesn't live up to his name/comic counterpart.

I also stated clearly HE was getting my vote due to my biased opinion of the comic character. Are there others more in need of a rework/balance/whatever? Of course. And I'm sure they'll get more votes. I'd love to DD and Doom get some love.

But... The kid in me is still cheering for Clint. And I don't think there's anything wrong with throwing his name into a thread discussing who needs work.