Community choice Rebalance

Options
Glockoma
Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor

We hit the goal, and now real talk.

Share where your hearts or minds are at before a poll is released:

-does an old Legend get the chance at a buff,

or

-do the people want the possibility of an axe coming down on one of the meta?

I’m extremely curious on the thoughts here, and of course, the mileage may vary on the caliber of rebalance in the end. But let’s imagine it can make or break ‘said character’.

Cheers!

Comments

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Let's buff someone.

I'd be aiming to make more teams competitive against MThor, so some sort of tile fortifier would be a good candidate.

I quite like Goblin anyway so him.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

Strange or hawkeye

The costing of strange's yellow is ridiculous, hawkeye's a great damage dealer just could do with more health.
    Some one from bcs said mysterio was being redone but I have since found out they sit upon a throne of lies.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There are some 5* who came out and were completely useless like Odin and Abigail Brand I’d like to see rethought. I’d like to see Danver5 get turned into something useful so that her best team isn’t me negative and Polaris, and I’d love it if Robbie Reyes got his old hell ride back.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

I think returning a once great 5* to prominence would be cool. Like… I don’t know… Daredevil. That’d be great! No bias here! Let’s make it happen people!

Hawkeye and BSSM were good shouts. If enough of us rally together maybe we’d finally be able to get the red/purple power block removed from Gambit. If they want to continue to force strange down our throat, let’s at least make him good? Black Widow, Moon Knight? Green freaking Goblin could use the Jean Grey buff treatment. Or pick a top tier Marvel character in terms of popularity (Parker, Logan, Stark).

It’ll probably be a 4* lol. A fresh buff and a new costume and I still haven’t used Elsa. Let it go. Let it go. Also, I’m in the buffs over nerfs camp.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,960 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It would be weird if the whole community worked on a challenge that rebalanced a character (5 star) that probably only 1% of the base has champed.

I imagine the choices are going to be a 3 or 4 star character.

KGB

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

Bagman seems the obvious choice!

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options

I feel ppl are being way to optimistic about this. What is likely to happen is, here are the bottom 5 in terms of usage in 4* and 5* characters. And the community will pick out of those.

If I were to pick a 5, I would choose Yelena.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I would love to see characters who are well designed, but "old" get an update (hawkeye, goblin, daredevil), but I think if we're going so far as to vote from the community it should result in something that requires real effort like a true redesign of someone that was just dead on arrival. There are loads of characters who are awesome and popular that are just absolute squibs in the game, like Cable, Ultron is probably better as a character than his implementation, God Emperor Doom is at the bottom of "fine" but not particularly great like you'd want that character to be...anyway, curious what the hive mind is going to choose.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

5* Dr STrange would be wonderful for a rebalance!!!!!

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

A lot of assumptions that the community will select a 5 star to rebalance. So many characters are desperate for a rebalance. I hope that the devs increase the rate of rebalances going forward.

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

My vote would be for Clint... But only because Hawkeye is my favorite comic book hero, and it would be great to be able to use him more.

But I've also got several 1* Hawkeyes taking up slots in hopes he'll get a third power, rebalance, and ascension status so I'll be able to get him as a 5* if/when it becomes possible... So I might be biased on my vote.

Pre-nerf Gambit might fit in better with the current top characters... That may not be true, but current Gambit could use a boost.

Lastly, I'm currently rewatching Daredevil on Disney+ so he's on my mind as someone I wouldn't mind seeing get some attention.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zalasta said:
    A lot of assumptions that the community will select a 5 star to rebalance. So many characters are desperate for a rebalance. I hope that the devs increase the rate of rebalances going forward.

This. Getting to choose one is nice, but there's so, so many bad characters right now.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Zalasta said:

This. Getting to choose one is nice, but there's so, so many bad characters right now.

I'm afraid they'll be busy balancing ascended chars on every tier for years to come, though.
    And I hate it.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think this thread is misleading. It's a rebalance, not a nerf to the point I know.
    And devs are the only ones who can decide a nerf, after analysing a lot of data info and after a lot of people point to that too.
    Second, anyone trying to vote with that intention will crash up with that and also with the immense majority, so it would be a lost vote.
    Also, to vote a character doa it's another way to waste the vote imo, because few people will have them but the collectionist.
    After saying this, I have interest in Spiderman, also in dr Strange.
    But imo everything points to dr strange as the 5* character who everyone, wanted it or not, already have pretty advanced in their roster.
    And I don't think a 4* character would be the winner because dilution is a thing and if the character is bad, people won't have them leveled, if not for a really old 4*.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

If it hadn't already happened then the community would have voted for a Chasm rebalance - and they would not have been asking for a buff.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    I think this thread is misleading. It's a rebalance, not a nerf to the point I know.
    And devs are the only ones who can decide a nerf, after analysing a lot of data info and after a lot of people point to that too.
    Second, anyone trying to vote with that intention will crash up with that and also with the immense majority, so it would be a lost vote.
    Also, to vote a character doa it's another way to waste the vote imo, because few people will have them but the collectionist.
    After saying this, I have interest in Spiderman, also in dr Strange.
    But imo everything points to dr strange as the 5* character who everyone, wanted it or not, already have pretty advanced in their roster.
    And I don't think a 4* character would be the winner because dilution is a thing and if the character is bad, people won't have them leveled, if not for a really old 4*.

Rebalance doesn't mean buff. Both nerfs and buffs are rebalances. Rebalance means a character that is not balanced (either too weak or too strong) is changed to be more in line with the median strength of characters.

Archangel being buffed was a rebalance. Chasm being nerfed was a rebalance. I'm sure people are more keen to choose a weak character to buff but a buff or a nerf are both a rebalance.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A rebalance for sure isn't a buff. It's to change all or some of their toolkit.
    Again a rebalance nerfing imo it's pretty out of what an anniversary gift was supposed to be.
    But anyway, the OPness of a 5* character is just a perception that some 5* players could get, so remember the already old premise: we 5* players are minority.
    So you just can expect a rebalance for the character who always has been fan favorite.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options

Could we get all the 5* rebalanced with updated health and match damage? Leave their powers alone for now.