***** Peggy Carter (Worthy) *****

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited November 2023 in Character Details

Peggy Carter (Worthy)
5-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Hero, Godlike, Multiversal, Enhanced, Deity

"Arriving to a base after an artifact crashed into New Mexico's desert, a retired Peggy Carter surveyed the scene. Onsite, chaos. A giant metallic being battling a man who, while strong, was far outmatched. As the creature destroyed its last foes, Peggy felt a pull from the artifact. Though she knew she wouldn't make it in time, she instinctively stuck out her hand and called to it. Mjolnir answered. With the power of Thor, Peggy Carter will defend Earth from any threat that comes knocking."

Abilities listed at level 255/450/550
Health: 21263/85465/184716

Stiff Upper Lip - 7 Red AP
Peggy winds up with Mjolnir and lands an uppercut, dealing 1107 damage to the target and sending them Airborne for 2 turns.

(PASSIVE) Peggy’s fiery spark causes the air to be filled with lightning. At the start of the enemy turn, a random enemy takes 89 damage for each Charged tile. This deals 50% increased damage to Airborne enemies.
450: Peggy’s uppercut deals 4451 damage. / 550: Peggy’s uppercut deals 9621 damage.

• Level 2: Peggy’s uppercut deals 1329 damage.
    • 450: Peggy’s uppercut deals 5342 damage. / 550: Peggy’s uppercut deals 11545 damage.
  • Level 3: Peggy’s uppercut deals 1550 damage.
    • 450: Peggy’s uppercut deals 6232 damage. / 550: Peggy’s uppercut deals 13469 damage.
  • Level 4: Peggy’s uppercut deals 1993 damage. A random enemy takes 133 for each Charged tile.
    • 450: Peggy’s uppercut deals 8012 damage. A random enemy takes 534 for each Charged tile. / 550: Peggy’s uppercut deals 17317 damage. A random enemy takes 1154 for each Charged tile.
  • Level 5: Peggy’s uppercut deals 2879 damage.
    • 450: Peggy’s uppercut deals 11573 damage. / 550: Peggy’s uppercut deals 25014 damage.

Don’t Say I Didn’t Warn You - 6 Yellow AP
Create 2 strength 55 Protect tiles.

If Peggy’s health is above 50%, empower those tiles by 10%. Otherwise, deal 443 damage to a random enemy, increased by 10% for each friendly Strike tile.

(PASSIVE) Whenever Peggy or an ally takes 90 or more damage, destroy a friendly Protect tile to reduce that damage by 15% and create 2 strength 1 Strike tile(s).

Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.

450: Creates strength 223 Protect tiles. If Peggy’s health is above 50%, empower those tiles by 10%. Otherwise, deal 1781 damage to a random enemy, increased by 10% for each friendly Strike tile. / 550: Creates strength 577 Protect tiles. If Peggy’s health is above 50%, empower those tiles by 10%. Otherwise, deal 3848 damage to a random enemy, increased by 10% for each friendly Strike tile.

• Level 2: Creates strength 66 Protect tiles. Increase damage by 20% for each friendly Strike tile. Passive damage is reduced by 20%.
    • 450: Creates strength 267 Protect tiles. Increase damage by 20% for each friendly Strike tile. Passive damage is reduced by 20%. / 550: Creates strength 577 Protect tiles. Increase damage by 20% for each friendly Strike tile. Passive damage is reduced by 20%.
  • Level 3: Creates strength 78 Protect tiles. Decreases Passive damage threshold to 80. Passive damage is reduced by 25%.
    • 450: Creates strength 312 Protect tiles. Decreases Passive damage threshold to 80. Passive damage is reduced by 25%. / 550: Creates strength 673 Protect tiles. Decreases Passive damage threshold to 80. Passive damage is reduced by 25%.
  • Level 4: Creates strength 89 Protect tiles. Decreases Passive damage threshold to 75. Passive damage is reduced by 30% and 2 Strike tiles are created.
    • 450: Creates strength 356 Protect tiles. Decreases Passive damage threshold to 75. Passive damage is reduced by 30% and 2 Strike tiles are created. / 550: Creates strength 770 Protect tiles. Decreases Passive damage threshold to 75. Passive damage is reduced by 30% and 2 Strike tiles are created.
  • Level 5: Creates strength 133 Protect tiles. Increase damage by 30% for each friendly Strike tile. Decreases Passive damage threshold to 70. Passive damage is reduced by 35%.
  • 450: Creates strength 534 Protect tiles. Increase damage by 30% for each friendly Strike tile. Decreases Passive damage threshold to 70. Passive damage is reduced by 35%. / 550: Creates strength 1154 Protect tiles. Increase damage by 30% for each friendly Strike tile. Decreases Passive damage threshold to 70. Passive damage is reduced by 35%.

The Calm - 5 Blue AP
Create 2 2-turn Brewing Storm Repeater tile(s) that create a Charged tile and deals 55 damage to a random target.

If there are 10 or more Charged tiles on the board, this ability becomes The Storm.

(PASSIVE) Whenever a Brewing Storm tile leaves the board, create 1 Charged tile.
450: Deals 223 damage to a random target. / 550: Deals 481 damage to a random target.

• Level 2: Deals 69 damage to a random target.
    • 450: Deals 278 damage to a random target. / 550: Deals 601 damage to a random target.
  • Level 3: Create 3 3-Turn tiles that deal 111. Decreases the Charged threshold to 9.
    • 450: Create 3 3-Turn tiles that deal 445. Decreases the Charged threshold to 9. / 550: Create 3 3-Turn tiles that deal 962. Decreases the Charged threshold to 9.
  • Level 4: Deals 132 damage to a random target.
    • 450: Deals 530 damage to a random target. / 550: Deals 1145 damage to a random target.
  • Level 5: Creates 4 tiles. Deals 138 damage to a random target.
  • 450: Creates 4 tiles. Deals 556 damage to a random target. / 550: Creates 4 tiles. Deals 1203 damage to a random target.

The Storm - 5 Blue AP
Destroy up to 6 Charged tiles. Then, for each Charged tile destroyed, deal a hit of 310 damage to the target. Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.

There is a 40% chance the target is stunned for 1 turn(s). This chance is increased by 5% for each Charged tile destroyed.

This ability then becomes The Calm.
450: Deal a hit of 1246 damage to the target. / 550: Deal a hit of 3852 damage to the target.

• Level 2: Deal a hit of 353 damage to the target.
    • 450: Deal a hit of 1421 damage to the target. / 550: Deal a hit of 3071 damage to the target.
  • Level 3: Destroy up to 7 Charged tiles.
    • 450: Destroy up to 7 Charged tiles. / 550: Destroy up to 7 Charged tiles.
  • Level 4: Deal a hit of 443 damage to the target.
    • 450: Deal a hit of 1782 damage to the target. / 550: Deal a hit of 3852 damage to the target.
  • Level 5: Destroy up to 8 Charged tiles. The target is stunned for 2 turns.
  • 450: Destroy up to 8 Charged tiles. The target is stunned for 2 turns. / 550: Destroy up to 8 Charged tiles. The target is stunned for 2 turns.

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
Webbed Wonder - 10/19 - 10/22
Peggy Carter (Worthy) Shards and Event Token in Placement Rewards
Peggy Carter (Worthy) Event Token in Progression Rewards and Alliance Rewards

The Hunt - 10/22 - 10/26
Peggy Carter (Worthy) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Hearts of Darkness - 10/26 - 10/30
Peggy Carter (Worthy) Legendary Token in Placement Rewards, Shards and Event Token in Progression Rewards, Legendary Token and Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Versus
The Iron Offense - 10/19 - 10/23
Peggy Carter (Worthy) Shards in Placement Rewards, Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

A Worthy Opponent - 10/22 - 10/25
Peggy Carter (Worthy) Event Token in Progression Rewards, Event Token in Alliance Rewards

Offers
Sword ’n’ Shield Store - 9/21 - 9/25
Chance to get Peggy Carter (Worthy). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls

Vintage Valor Vault - 9/28 - 10/1
Chance to get Peggy Carter (Worthy). Increased chances in 10x and 40x pulls
40 Items:
○ 1x Timeless Treasures Legendary Store Token
○ 1x 4-Star Peggy Carter (Captain America) cover
○ 3x Random 3-Star covers
○ 6x Heroic tokens
○ 4x 2500 Iso
○ 6x 1000 Iso
○ 5x 500 Iso
○ 14x Two stars

Timeless Treasures Legendary Store - 9/28 - 10/1
15% chance to get 5* Peggy Carter (Worthy), 5* Professor X (Classic) and 5* Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

Oh good I was worried about the lack of Dr. Strange in special stores.
    Thank you for doing the right thing with the 4* --> 5* Peggy retro rewards.

Edit: Jane welcomes her new BFF.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Regarding feeders: as expected, 4* Peggy feeds 5* Peggy.

But 4* Peggy previously fed FirstCap, and was his only feeder. WorthyCap and Bucky Barnes both feed BeardCap. Will anyone become the new feeder for FirstCap?

• max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options

Who is Melina May?

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options

Seems a powerful anti-MT. Solid. Could be scary with BRB or Polaris (wait till she’s ascended). Release store less **** than I feared. Cheap powers, passives. Could be good, or very good, hard to say.

• BlixTheFrog
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

BFF and worst enemy, so I’m not sure. Each turn, enemy MT strengthens her red passive.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't see her as anti-Jane, but I guess it can work both ways.
    Will be interesting to see in practice.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I really like her powers, but some of the numbers seem off. Were the 3* numbers accidentally used, even though the powers are completely different?

Red - The passive, does it trigger once per turn and multiply by the number of charged tiles, or is it like kamala where it'll trigger a bajillion times? As awesome as that would be with okoye, I think it would make matches take 10 min lol

Yellow triggering off 90 damage, that seems off.

• BlixTheFrog
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    I really like her powers, but some of the numbers seem off. Were the 3* numbers accidentally used, even though the powers are completely different?

Red - The passive, does it trigger once per turn and multiply by the number of charged tiles, or is it like kamala where it'll trigger a bajillion times? As awesome as that would be with okoye, I think it would make matches take 10 min lol

Yellow triggering off 90 damage, that seems off.

That last one seems odd yes. As for red passive, it says at the start of the enemy turn, so once per turn.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • Stiff Upper Lip is colored red but it says it costs 7 “blue AP”. I’m gonna assume this costs red AP.

• the yellow passive triggers when Peggy or her Allie’s take 90/80/75/70 or more damage. Don’t get me wrong, I would love for this to be true, but somehow I feel this is wrong.

• The Calm starts off at level 1 with 2 2-turn repeaters. Then at level 3, it’s 3 3-turn repeaters? I really hope that’s incorrect as it looks to me as it gets worse. Unless…. maybe there’s more of a chance the repeaters “leave the field” to create a charged tile?

Well, I’m still sold. She seems to have a pretty interesting kit.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@BlixTheFrog said:

That last one seems odd yes. As for red passive, it says at the start of the enemy turn, so once per turn.

It's more the part "At the start of the enemy turn, a random enemy takes 89 damage for each Charged tile." That could mean for each charged tile, it triggers.

• BlixTheFrog
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

@BlixTheFrog said:

It's more the part "At the start of the enemy turn, a random enemy takes 89 damage for each Charged tile." That could mean for each charged tile, it triggers.

Oh yes, the more charged tiles the more damage it makes, that’s for sure. That’s why I see her as a counter-MT.

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2023
    Options

Dont say I didnt warn you? Does she punch fiery sparky punches with her one stiff lip?

Ability names in mpq are so bad.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

There's a nice article on "kips" here
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/editors-picks/surprising-origin-quintessentially-dublin-slang-18604670
    which is interspersed with the best series of headline links I think I've ever seen:

Luke Kelly statue vandalism slammed as 'thuggery of the biggest description'

The Luke Kelly statue on Guild Street has been vandalised AGAIN

Beloved Luke Kelly statue defaced by vandals for a third time, outraging locals around Guild Street

Luke Kelly statue on Guild Street vandalised for a FOURTH time in needless attack

Luke Kelly statue defaced AGAIN causing outrage among locals around Guild St

Luke Kelly statue in Dublin's Docklands vandalised for a SEVENTH time

Local residents left fuming after Luke Kelly statue vandalised for seventh time

Man in his 40s charged with vandalising statue of Luke Kelly

Two men finally arrested for criminal damage of Luke Kelly statue on Guild Street in January and March

Locals slam calls to move Luke Kelly statue from north inner city following repeated vandalism

Thugs vandalised SECOND Luke Kelly statue on South King's Street

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,638 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:
    There's a nice article on "kips" here
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/editors-picks/surprising-origin-quintessentially-dublin-slang-18604670
    which is interspersed with the best series of headline links I think I've ever seen:

Luke Kelly statue vandalism slammed as 'thuggery of the biggest description'

The Luke Kelly statue on Guild Street has been vandalised AGAIN

Beloved Luke Kelly statue defaced by vandals for a third time, outraging locals around Guild Street

Luke Kelly statue on Guild Street vandalised for a FOURTH time in needless attack

Luke Kelly statue defaced AGAIN causing outrage among locals around Guild St

Luke Kelly statue in Dublin's Docklands vandalised for a SEVENTH time

Local residents left fuming after Luke Kelly statue vandalised for seventh time

Man in his 40s charged with vandalising statue of Luke Kelly

Two men finally arrested for criminal damage of Luke Kelly statue on Guild Street in January and March

Locals slam calls to move Luke Kelly statue from north inner city following repeated vandalism

Thugs vandalised SECOND Luke Kelly statue on South King's Street

You would definitely find Black Tom Cassidy having a Kip!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Feels similar to Worthy Cap with the charge tile based damage. I'm curious if all those sparks of damage are aggregated into a single lump sum (switch/emma boost benefit) or loads of tiny hits (apocalypse/okoye benefit). I suspect she'll see a lot of use, probably with BRB and/or Jane depending on if you're in pick 2 or 3. I think they "destroy a protect to create a strike" passive is going to be exploitable somehow, I just haven't determined exactly how.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Aren't you worried they share all 3 colors? Doesn't seem like they play well minus her passive Red damage. Seems better designed to counter Jane.

KGB

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The trouble with pairing her with Jane is they completely overlap in colors, and Yellow and Blue (at least "the Calm") depend on tiles on the board, which is bad with MThor. Her passives will rock, and "the Storm" will hit like a ton of bricks and give a blue damage option, which is actually pretty useful with MThor, but still, bringing a character along for DPS and a Blue alternative isn't the best sell.

OTOH, I can definitely see other teams she'd be more synergistic with. She's definitely decent, but I don't think she's quite useful enough to be S tier.

As far as the yellow passive goes, I think that's what it is as 270? Regardless, it does seem low...

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think she has an interesting kit. I think she really needs another character to get the charge tiles out. Her personal charge tile creation is a bit slow. Add in MThor, Miles, BB, Storm and she becomes better.

With MThor I just think there is too much cover overlap. Both are R,B,Y powers and I feel like MThor powers are just better. I feel like pairing them together you will primarily be using Peggy’s red passive only. Maybe use blue as a finisher on the last character.

I actually think because of MThor she was designed to be less self sufficient. I don’t see how on her own she would consistently get to 10 charge tiles, but if she was too self sufficient she might too powerful with MThor charge tile creation